Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

2016 Season

Voltaire - Maltese Falcons less than a minute

blade - Pulp Fiction less than a minute

ROCKFORD - Victor Victoria less than a minute

:pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Matt Forte is back on the team and I have no QB2. The circle is complete.

When the last pick of Victor Victoria is in, FCFS waivers begin as soon as I or 90sbaby get around to setting it up.

Remember, a player cut here cannot be picked back up until waivers of week one. There is a decent chance Karlos Williams will shake loose from the Falcons in the next few days. If so, for those chomping at the bit to grab him, I regret to remind you that you'd have to wait for week one.

When the last pick of Victor Victoria is in, FCFS waivers begin as soon as I or 90sbaby get around to setting it up.

Remember, a player cut here cannot be picked back up until waivers of week one. There is a decent chance Karlos Williams will shake loose from the Falcons in the next few days. If so, for those chomping at the bit to grab him, I regret to remind you that you'd have to wait for week one.

Considering I just had to put 3 players on IR, I'm dying to get to the waivers.... but I guarantee you that if I have to keep track of which ones are "off limits", I'm gonna screw that up.

You've been warned.

Considering I just had to put 3 players on IR, I'm dying to get to the waivers.... but I guarantee you that if I have to keep track of which ones are "off limits", I'm gonna screw that up.

You've been warned.

Wait, we have three IR spots now???

Wait, we have three IR spots now???

Yeah, we voted to expand it to three last season and Old Maid is already full.

Hey Volt,

I'm trying to make my last pick on MFL and cannot find the button or something. I'd like to take Cameron Brate, TE for the Bucs.

Hey Volt,

I'm trying to make my last pick on MFL and cannot find the button or something. I'd like to take Cameron Brate, TE for the Bucs.

OK. Assuming Rockford's pre-select pick goes off, I'll immediately open up waivers when I'm done.

Draft is over and FCFS waivers are now open.

immediately opening up fcfs waivers is a terrible rule.

im sure we have always done this but it should be changed. really not fair to those who are not around as soon as the draft ends and gives an advantage the the person setting up free agency / opening it

i understand its slim picking out there but you never know what kind of injury or trade could happen..... really should be an initial waiver period like most leagues

im sure we have always done this but it should be changed. really not fair to those who are not around as soon as the draft ends and gives an advantage the the person setting up free agency / opening it

i understand its slim picking out there but you never know what kind of injury or trade could happen..... really should be an initial waiver period like most leagues

:thumbsup:

Garoppolo was going to be my first waiver add, you got him at the end of the draft. Good call.

I don't like your solution at all but you do raise a good point.

I had two guys I wanted. Derek Anderson would be of no interest to anyone but myself, no big deal. But not so with Shaun Hill. Hill will be a (low-end yet still a) starter this year and may hold broader appeal. So, you are right in fact, it did seem unfair and uncomfortable that I was able to go to FCFS after I had set it up and claim him and I think it's a valid gripe that I do have an unfair advantage. It's the first time in six years I'd done so and it felt... weird.

If it makes it better, I waited ten minutes and made posts in this thread and in the chat over there. Two other teams were already in there monkeying around when I piked up Hill so it would have been easy to snipe me. But still, the point is valid.

Anyways, I said I didn't like your solution. I don't know of any leagues that have preseason waiver periods, they all use FCFS. And how would the priority for a preseason waiver period be determined? By whoever picked first I suppose? Random would be worse.

I don't like that. I like FCFS. Clearing a draft is like clearing waivers. FCFS is the fairest way and it should stay that way. But there remains this problem about whoever sets up the waiver period,together with whoever picks last, having an advantage.

What we could do is set a date/time to do so say six hours hence from the end of the draft. But no one should have a priority. It should be a free for all with whoever shows up at that time or something. I know we voted it down and so we're not doing this, but I still think a guy who gets cut should be available for pickup immediately by the guy who logs in next.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if it opened after I was awake at least. :thumbsup:

I had two guys I wanted. Derek Anderson would be of no interest to anyone but myself, no big deal. But not so with Shaun Hill. Hill will be a (low-end yet still a) starter this year and may hold broader appeal. So, you are right in fact, it did seem unfair and uncomfortable that I was able to go to FCFS after I had set it up and claim him and I think it's a valid gripe that I do have an unfair advantage. It's the first time in six years I'd done so and it felt... weird.

If it makes it better, I waited ten minutes and made posts in this thread and in the chat over there. Two other teams were already in there monkeying around when I piked up Hill so it would have been easy to snipe me. But still, the point is valid.

Anyways, I said I didn't like your solution. I don't know of any leagues that have preseason waiver periods, they all use FCFS. And how would the priority for a preseason waiver period be determined? By whoever picked first I suppose? Random would be worse.

I don't like that. I like FCFS. Clearing a draft is like clearing waivers. FCFS is the fairest way and it should stay that way. But there remains this problem about whoever sets up the waiver period,together with whoever picks last, having an advantage.

What we could do is set a date/time to do so say six hours hence from the end of the draft. But no one should have a priority. It should be a free for all with whoever shows up at that time or something. I know we voted it down and so we're not doing this, but I still think a guy who gets cut should be available for pickup immediately by the guy who logs in next.

None of the other dynasty leagues I am in have a FCFS in the offseason, they all use waivers.

One option is worst to first same as the draft. Give the worst teams more chances to improve.

The other leagues all use a blind bid, with the blind bid starting the first waiver period after the draft ends, and runs just like the season, every wednesday.

Garoppolo was going to be my first waiver add, you got him at the end of the draft. Good call.

Garropolo is a guy with a 2nd round pedigree who's spent his last three years learning how to be a QB from Bill Bellicheck and Tom Brady and is about to put four live action games on film for the world to see. If he shows well, he'll be in demand next offseason and I'll have myself a young starter. There's a future for him in the league if he grabs the NFL by the balls in September.

If on the other hand he falls on his face, he'll be gone. I like having the right of first refusal.

Volty, i mean no offense by this... Im not sure how many leagues you play in but my suggestion of initial waivers is standard practice. Post draft, every league I am in either does waivers for a few days, meaning you can choose to use your waiver priority if you want and waivers process lets say 2-3 days after the draft is over OR they have an initial blind bid waiver round if the league uses blind bids.

I have never been in a league (minus this one) that goes straight to FCFS.

the fact that 2 or 3 owners may have been milling around the site does not take into account the other 10-11 owners who may have been asleep (west coast) or busy at work and not able to be ready to pounce as soon as you open up FCFS. I happen to have taken a personal day off today but otherwise would have fallen in the work category.....

It just flat out makes no sense.

also take into account that my suggestion is being made for the overall well being of the league and not my own interests. My team is set and there is currently no one I need off waivers. I barely had any cuts to make pre draft to begin with. So I am by no means whining that I wasn't able to jump in a scoop up Shaun Hill :P

Volty, i mean no offense by this... Im not sure how many leagues you play in but my suggestion of initial waivers is standard practice. Post draft, every league I am in either does waivers for a few days, meaning you can choose to use your waiver priority if you want and waivers process lets say 2-3 days after the draft is over OR they have an initial blind bid waiver round if the league uses blind bids.

I have never been in a league (minus this one) that goes straight to FCFS.

the fact that 2 or 3 owners may have been milling around the site does not take into account the other 10-11 owners who may have been asleep (west coast) or busy at work and not able to be ready to pounce as soon as you open up FCFS. I happen to have taken a personal day off today but otherwise would have fallen in the work category.....

It just flat out makes no sense.

I agree with this... Heck even in baseball after a draft, the default is a two-day waiver period then after they clear it is FCFS...

None of the other dynasty leagues I am in have a FCFS in the offseason, they all use waivers.

One option is worst to first same as the draft. Give the worst teams more chances to improve.

The other leagues all use a blind bid, with the blind bid starting the first waiver period after the draft ends, and runs just like the season, every wednesday.

There is a problem that needs to be addressed: is that only the commish and the last pick guy and whoever else is online and paying attention in the forum at that time knows when the wavier wire starts. That really is not fair. I took Shaun Hill when you guys were sleeping and that's not right and I felt dirty while I was doing it and we do need a better way.

Opening FCFS immediately after the draft should end. The idea behind it was: let's just get on with it. We can just start the next phase and go. That worked in years past because I set it up and I didn't want or take a player. But this year, there was a player I wanted, and there was no good way to approach it.

But FCFS still works the most fair and it's clean and easy. Just give it a grace period -say a convenient time the next evening- so everybody is on the same page and if they care can get there at the same time, that'll work.

This other way we're discussing assigning artificial preseason priorities which by itself is totally invalid and unfair. But then there's everything else too: it's unnecessarily complicated, overkill, cumbersome, and pointless.

With a FCFS grace period, if you care enough about the dregs of the waiver wire to show up, we can elbow aside the other two or three owners who bother to show up grabbing backup Minny QBs, Det TEs, AZ RBs or what have you. Then go from there.

if you are dead set on sticking to FCFS, then yes, I would implore that you set a specific date and time rather than "as soon as rosters are entered" , just to make it more fair for every league member.

thanks, Volty.

also take into account that my suggestion is being made for the overall well being of the league and not my own interests. My team is set and there is currently no one I need off waivers. I barely had any cuts to make pre draft to begin with. So I am by no means whining that I wasn't able to jump in a scoop up Shaun Hill :P

The reason it's always worked before is that my team is always sent I've never needed a player. Fock all, this year I traded away my only backup QB during the draft. I tell you what, Shaun Hill suddenly looks a lot better if you have no clue who you'll start at QB in week 7.

if you are dead set on sticking to FCFS, then yes, I would implore that you set a specific date and time rather than "as soon as rosters are entered" , just to make it more fair for every league member.

thanks, Volty.

FCFS is not only better but simpler.

I wouldn't know what to do and I'd be p*ssed at having to do it. But then if there was a vote and you guys don't come to your senses, I guess that's my job to accept it, shut up, and go about trying to figure out how to program it. It's likely not a Rube Goldberg machine but irritating enough.

With a FCFS grace period, if you care enough about the dregs of the waiver wire to show up, we can elbow aside the other two or three owners who bother to show up grabbing backup Minny QBs, Det TEs, AZ RBs or what have you. Then go from there.

I see what you did there. :lol:

There is a problem that needs to be addressed: is that only the commish and the last pick guy and whoever else is online and paying attention in the forum at that time knows when the wavier wire starts. That really is not fair. I took Shaun Hill when you guys were sleeping and that's not right and I felt dirty while I was doing it and we do need a better way.

BTW, people could still have drafted Shaun Hill, if they really wanted to do so...

all these what ifs and people could have drafted that guy etc etc... its all solved very easily.

once the draft is over, instead of FCFS, the setting is changed to waivers. Its very easy to do. Not rocket science.

gives every owner a fair shake..

there is literally no reason not to do it the same as we do it after each week of the regular season.

just ask yourself.... would you want FCFS to open up right after each week of game action? everyone would know when it opens up but it would simply reward the quickest to their computer. Had a league that did weekly waivers like that but we were all in college at the time. People would either still be up or set alarms to add players first. had one guy living in ireland who was already up and about and had an advantage... needless to say we changed to waiver priority very quickly.

i have a drinking problem so if the waivers could open after noon, that would be great.

thanks volty. :thumbsup:

See and I was wrong. I thought you were a "after week 1" guy not a FCFS kinda. Even said so in another thread 12G1C

My bad. Horrible ruling. Shocked you feel this is fair no matter how many alerts and emails you send out prior.

WooHoo you waited 10 whole mins. :mad:

AlsoIReallyDontCareButStamdByMyStance

I'll add my $.02 (not sure it's even worth that)...

I'm in another league that usually waits 12-24 hours after the draft and then opens waivers up to FCFS. I have no issue with the FCFS before week 1, but I do agree that there should be a dead/warning period so that people know when they need to be around. I'm with WhiteWonder that I didn't need anything from the WW, and actually hope that the one guy that I do want is still there when my first injury hits, but it would've been nice to have had that chance. I've been busy as hell, so I've only popped in to make my pre-draft selections and then skated out. I had no idea how many rounds we had or when it opened up to FCFS.

No biggie this year, but it might be for me the next go around.

I agree with the general consensus here, HOW we actually do waivers after the draft doesn't matter as long as everyone in the league knows ahead of time and can be on the same page.

Volty, I don't think you did anything intentionally malicious here with FCFS, so not a huge deal, but moving forward, everyone knowing when they open up (and how it works) would help.

This league has so many teams with such deep benches that the waiver wire, at least as of right now, is pretty bleak

HOW we actually do waivers after the draft doesn't matter as long as ...

.. it is in the afternoon.

Be sure to get your week one starting lineups in.

• Like 1

Mine are in, glad we open up the season against each other, should be good.

I'm still one draft and a blown knee away from legitimately competing with anyone.

Pushy

Mine are in, glad we open up the season against each other, should be good.

I'm still one draft and a blown knee away from legitimately competing with anyone.

I think the schedule carries over season to season because I always start with you, which works out particularly nice because Josh Gordon is invariably suspended for week one.

Likely going to have the second highest score and lose, which I believe happened to me three times last year.

Good game Jeff.

Likely going to have the second highest score and lose, which I believe happened to me three times last year.

Good game Jeff.

I'm up 17 and change with Jesse James yet to go. James is a player I'm familiar with as he's on my 12 Geeks team's bench.

Roethilsberger is a solid QB and we only know of one proven person he'll throw the ball to. If you're lucky, you have Plan B. 5/61/1 is both reasonable and a winning statline for you. I'm not sure who Washington uses to defend TEs but whoever it is hopefully has picked up a few of lessons and tricks by lining up across from Jordan Reed every day in practice.

Minnesota D really saved my ass.

Something we did last year and will do again this year is give control of the masthead to the league high scorer of the week. I'm at 145 and done, come and get me. Well, not you James. If you get the high score, feel free to PM me a pic and a writeup and I'll plug it in. Not your team though, it's like hockey players not touching the Stanley Cup, we'll use your team for the masthead when you win a title with it.

Good game Jeff.

thats rough.

but if jesse james doesnt score enough to beat volty you wont have the 2nd highest as volty seems to have missed victor victorias 159.9. as well as some other teams with players to go

My fault for not pulling the trade offer off the table before week 1 games started, but classy move Deep Throat for taking the Barnidge Gore trade days after the offer was made.

• Like 1