Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Mike Floyd Final Predictions

A lot of Mike Floyd in the Public Forums.

What are your opinions?

Does he go big in a contract year. It seems every time he got 8 targets last year he met or exceeded expectations.

Joh Brown already has concussion issues that could linger.

AZ schedule down stretch is a joke except I believe a Seattle matchup but defenses are hard to predict and he has toasted them in the past. Anyone think top 15?

Top 15 is lofty expectations for an offense that could be heavily relying on David Johnson and a spread-ball mentality.

I see a Wr 3.

Fitz will fade. Floyd has all the tools. Surefire WR2 with realistic WR1 upside.

Living in AZ I hear hype for this guy every year, and every year he disappoints. He's not good enough to be a true WR1 in fantasy or real life. He'll have a couple of games with a TD and maybe a 100 yards receiving, but I think a he's more of a steady WR3 in that offense.

I think Fitz will still be the number one guy.

Agree with the post above he's a Wr 3 at best.

Weepaws - who is on your out of the top 20 wr ranking to surprise everone?

Tajae Sharp?

Sterling Sheppard?

Kevin White?

Travis Benjamin?

Donte Moncrief?

Marvin Jones?

Floyd would be .

How about you ?

I prefer Brown to Floyd. Brown is a unique talent who has shown the kind of flashes that could lead to a special career. Floyd's all right, but little about his performance so far stands out to me. His success so far feels more like situation than talent. If Floyd ends up on any of my teams, I'm not exactly going to complain about having a piece of the AZ offense, but I'd rather take Brown a round later.

What is it that people don't like about Floyd as a player? Slow release off the line?

He's a great point of catch guy.

If he went to the Eagles next season and played the out wide spot like Randle and DGB will fail at would peeps be excited about it or less so?

More so than anything I think the fantasy community has just gotten sick of the 'Floyd to make a huge leap this year' talk when it doesn't come about.

I think this will be his year to be a low end WR2. The second half of the season, he did quite well. I don't see him anywhere near a WR1, and not even a WR2, but more of the low end WR2 or very high WR3. He isn't a bad WR, but he has never put it all together in this offense. If Brown is injured (concussed), or Fitz slows down just a bit, Floyd will pick up some extra targets. In the drafts I have seen, someone always drafts him as a WR2, usually near the top of the WR2's, so I don't take him. I think he would be a serious WR2 if he played for a team with a more standard offensive approach, but the Cardinals like to spread the wealth and keep defenses guessing.

It's tough, but history does seem to repeat itself and I'm thinking for guys late in a draft obviously that won't cost you that much.

Tajae Sharp - I've been reading about him last few weeks. Mariotta is a decent (not great yet, but decent) QB and Sharp is worth a late round look to see what he does in the first few weeks. If noting, drop him. But, if he becomes Mariottas #1 guy and comes out of nowhere like Victor Cruz, Josh Gordon, ODB, etc.. he's a steal... I'm thinking his ceiling could be 79 1,150 and 9.. not the aforementioned seasons. Shot in the dark but we have seen it before.

Sterling Sheppard should be fine if healthy. Randle is the worst and he had 900 and 8 (or around that last year) plus Dwayne Harris stats (450 and 4 I think) who has brick hands. To say Sheppard can't be moves around and have a floor of 1,000 and 7 is insane. His ceiling if ODB gets hurt is a gold mine. ODB does seem to get a little gimpy at times..

Kevin White.. Nothing more than Cutler being able to lock on to a guy, the #1 guy injury risks, and a terrible defense..

Travis Benjamin to me makes Keenan Allen safe. If Keenan stays healthy, he has big year. If he goes down, Travis finishes big so it is really worth drafting both and protecting that wr2 slot.

Moncrief I understand what people are saying. I don't have an opinion on it.

Marvin Jones - I'm starting to like this a lot. I noticed on a few hurried plays Stafford still looked Jones way which tells me he is the first read pretty often. I like their end of year schedule too. He's very interesting to me. Almost the guy at the end of the year you want to kick yourself and say how did I need see this coming taking over the Calvin spot where Stafford likes to throw.

What is it that people don't like about Floyd as a player? Slow release off the line?

He's a great point of catch guy.

If he went to the Eagles next season and played the out wide spot like Randle and DGB will fail at would peeps be excited about it or less so?

He just doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I can't think of a single thing he does that is "elite." Goods size and speed, decent hands but will drop some he shouldn't and always seems to be battling some injury that hampers him a bit. He's a jack of all trades but master of none. He's a fine #2 or 3 receiver for an NFL team, but when you're on a team that spreads the ball around, has a receiver with truly elite speed in John Brown, and Fitz who is a better route runner, has better hands and is more trusted by the QB, you're a WR 3 in fantasy.

More so than anything I think the fantasy community has just gotten sick of the 'Floyd to make a huge leap this year' talk when it doesn't come about.

I agree with your statement.

I know that's the case for me.

Yea the only one I expect to have a breakout is John Bown. Fitz and Floyd I expect to just be their usual steady selves.

He was supposed to be the next big thing in 2014 but he sh1t the bed. Wasn't good last year either until down the stretch.

So maybe the light has turned on and now he really will be the next big thing. It's hard to say one way or the other.

They resign Fitzgerald to another season , so i think Fitzgerald will resume his roll and will once again be the highest scoring Wr on that team.

Last year, when he got a least 8 targets, which was 7 games, he was over 100 yards in 5. The other 2 were 50 and 70 yards respectively. He also scored 5 times in those 7 games. If he can get the targets, he has WR1 upside.

Last year, when he got a least 8 targets, which was 7 games, he was over 100 yards in 5. The other 2 were 50 and 70 yards respectively. He also scored 5 times in those 7 games. If he can get the targets, he has WR1 upside.

Palmer doesn't target him enough consistently. That his issue.

How many of those targets was he hauling in?

How many of those targets was he hauling in?

Week 6-16

6 16.00 at Steelers 5 50 1 8

7 14.00 vs Ravens 3 59 1 4

8 20.00 at Browns 4 106 1 8

9 Bye

10 30.00 at Seahawks 7 113 2 9

11 vs Bengals

12 2.00 at 49ers 1 14 2

13 17.00 at Rams 7 104 12

14 21.00 vs Vikings 5 102 1 9

15 12.00 at Eagles 5 70 8

16 17.00 vs Packers 6 111 8

43 of 68 by my math. 63% FWIW

He's decent depth with a shot to be a serviceable flex option.

Maybe he has some upside.

Not someone on my radar really.

Week 6-16

6 16.00 at Steelers 5 50 1 8

7 14.00 vs Ravens 3 59 1 4

8 20.00 at Browns 4 106 1 8

9 Bye

10 30.00 at Seahawks 7 113 2 9

11 vs Bengals

12 2.00 at 49ers 1 14 2

13 17.00 at Rams 7 104 12

14 21.00 vs Vikings 5 102 1 9

15 12.00 at Eagles 5 70 8

16 17.00 vs Packers 6 111 8

43 of 68 by my math. 63% FWIW

He is on my radar for sure. He was a man down the stretch last year. They take shots with him down field so he has chances for big plays. Fitz will be a good big slot but Floyd will be the 2nd WR target in the redzone and has shown a good ability to catch fades/jump balls. I'm not worried about David Johnson. I think that he only makes the offense better and the pieces of the pie bigger. If we are talking about a guy that could be this year's Allen Robinson this is a guy that has the skills and situation.

• Like 1