Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Jay Ajayi - buying or selling?

To be clear, by 'buying' I mean 'stashing on the bench for when Foster goes down' and by 'selling' I mean 'dropping because no one else wants him'.

Okay, so...Ajayi. Here's the recent news:

Dolphins coach Adam Gase says this week will be a "new day" for Jay Ajayi after he was a healthy scratch for Week 1.

"(As far as where he) currently stands, we’re back to basically, he’s back in meetings, he’s back in the building," Gase said. "We’ve cleaned that up. We’ve moved past that. This is a new day for him today." It sounds like there's a pretty decent chance Ajayi is active for Sunday's game against the Patriots, but it shouldn't be assumed he'll be the No. 2 after the Dolphins didn't flinch at leaving him home for the opener. Ajayi is a tough sell for a re-draft bench spot.

I knew they left the guy behind for week 1, but "he's back in the building"? WTF. Sounds like Josh Freeman/Ryan Mallett sort of meltdown stuff. You don't just get kicked out of the building by not playing well.

The *only* reason he's important enough to start a thread about is because he's behind Foster, who is...lemme check my watch...due any minute for a soft tissue injury. Because, much as I like the guy as a person, he's a soft tissue.

So what are anyone's thoughts? Holding Ajayi for when Foster goes down, or is he just taking up valuable roster space? If they're kicking him out of the building, is he really the #2 guy when Foster does go down?

Miami homers, any info?

The problem is he isn't very good. So if you want a really low upside player on your bench then I guess.

That's the way I see it as well. If you don't have any better options, I guess why not keep him on the bench...but I wouldn't hold him in hopes of something big.

I'm not keeping him on the team I have him on.

This stuff isn't a good sign of things to come.

If you can get anything of value dealing him, great job but right now, he's a drop candidate not trade bait.

If you have the room and can do so I would hold.

• Like 1

are you thinking that he is still in line for the job when foster goes down?

If you have the room and can do so I would hold.

I drafted him in dynasty last year, he has no chance of being good unless I drop him.

Stay tuned

are you thinking that he is still in line for the job when foster goes down?

Yea I do , I don't see why he wouldn't be , unless he's that deep in the dog house .

And that might be.

I drafted him in dynasty last year, he has no chance of being good unless I drop him.

Stay tuned

Ditto but I am holding we have huge rosters.

Thanks for all the input. :)

Just saw the update I was waiting for...Foster listed as "Questionable (Hamstring)". I know, I know. No probable tag this year, and reports say he's not limited. But this may be just the very beginning of my hedge bet paying off.

No question .

It was just a matter of time.

Foster history of hammy problems has been a concern going into this season , and now it's being reported he's having some hammy problems.

Sale.

Buy and stash unless your team is stacked, your bench is short, or both. If you have Foster as an RB2 or more on your team, protect yourself post haste! It's Foster. You already know how this movie most likely ends.

I sold him 3 weeks ago for a late 17 1st rounder....right now quite happy with that return.

Ajayi might actually turn that late first into an early first for you.

He is an easy buy due to his value being so low. Risk is minimal and any return at all is value.

At this point he is a waiver wire guy. Low risk.

There is potential return if Foster gets hurt again and he becomes the starter. Regardless of lack of upside, the volume of carries he gets as a starter makes him a guy you can roster.

Whether you choose to grab him really depends on whether you think Foster will get hurt again (or not) and whether you think he becomes the starter if Foster gets hurt.

I think the odds are pretty good he's the guy if Foster goes down, but his recent temper tantrum hasnt exactly endeared himself to his coaches. So I think if Foster goes down in the next week or two, someone else may actually get the start, but I do think that eventually he will be the go to guy if Foster gets hurt.

I'm not touching a guy that just a handful of days ago didn't even make the trip because he was pouting about not getting the starting job.

I'm not touching a guy that just a handful of days ago didn't even make the trip because he was pouting about not getting the starting job.

Or it could be a rehashing of when D.i.c.k. Vermeil told Larry Johnson he'd need to "take the diapers off" when Johnson got upset about his lack of playing time. Johnson only went on to rush for over 1700 yards the next two seasons after Priest started getting hurt.

He would barely be startable even if Foster went down for the season.

i almost certainly wouldn't start him that first game, but i'd be paying attention. you never know what someone will do with opportunity.

Deep bench stash guy for me .

Ajayi is active today, so that's a step in the right direction. Lol. That plus Foster's hammy makes *two* steps. Getting kicked out of the building was two steps back, so maybe it's a wash right now.

Roster him and package him in offers once Arian goes down.

I could live with starting him at that point in PPR... at flex or during bye weeks...

Note: I am not in 10/12 team leagues.

And vultured TD. So my plan now is for them to name Ajayi the starter next week, and then trade him for whatever I can get for him. Ham sandwich, maybe.

Oh Lord. Well, with Rawls sucking and going down, my new plan...is to start Ajayi next week if Foster is out. I may need to look into a trade for an RB.

i'm more interested in holding a lottery ticket than giving it away. sure, maybe it's a bit unlikely that he studs out, but sometimes opportunity is all someone needs

And vultured TD. So my plan now is for them to name Ajayi the starter next week, and then trade him for whatever I can get for him. Ham sandwich, maybe.

Buy and stash unless your team is stacked, your bench is short, or both. If you have Foster as an RB2 or more on your team, protect yourself post haste! It's Foster. You already know how this movie most likely ends.

Quoting yourself on message board reply is kinda a horrible thing to do. But it's Foster and another injury. I lived through his whole existence in Houston as a Houstonian. And Doug Martin is out as well, which makes me sad cuz he's my fantasy football boyfriend. Let me have it guys.