Sign in to follow this  
Squintz82

Matt Ryan vs the Broncos

I hate this matchup, but can't bring myself to bench him considering how he's been playing. What is everyone else doing?

It's really tough to bench him right now but I believe he comes back down to earth sometime fairly soon.

Even if that happens he's still not a bad choice most weeks.

This week I would still play him unless you have someone really, really good to replace him with. He cans still post a decent score against Denver and probably will.

Just temper expectations.

My backup (Russell Wilson) is on bye week. So I have to play Ryan or pick someone up. I don't really want to drop anyone on my team right now, so I'll probably play Ryan with lowered expectations. It all comes down to whether or not I want to keep Russell Wilson as he will probably be snatched up if I drop him. Winston and Hoyer are the two best options on the WW in my league.

I have the same issue this week I don't want to drop him but Denver has 2nd in pass defence,

and my back up Brees is on a bye as well.

my best one to pick up is Flaco,

I think ill stick with ryan this wee tho

I have him as my only QB in on league, and paired with Palmer in another, who will miss tonights game. Ride or die with Ryan week I guess.

If you have a good replacement I would do so.

Don't like this matchup for him.

This could be the week Ryan starts to wake up and that's not a good thing.

It's really tough to bench him right now but I believe he comes back down to earth sometime fairly soon.

Even if that happens he's still not a bad choice most weeks.

This week I would still play him unless you have someone really, really good to replace him with. He cans still post a decent score against Denver and probably will.

Just temper expectations.

Never bench your studs.

That's the rule right?

but.... if you have a very good QB on your roster with an easy matchup against a weak pass D, it may be worth the risk.

The Denver D has shut down a lot of good QB's in the last season or two.

My backup (Russell Wilson) is on bye week. So I have to play Ryan or pick someone up. I don't really want to drop anyone on my team right now, so I'll probably play Ryan with lowered expectations. It all comes down to whether or not I want to keep Russell Wilson as he will probably be snatched up if I drop him. Winston and Hoyer are the two best options on the WW in my league.

My backup is Russel Wilson lol

I have to play Freeman and Julio this week. I don't love it, but the Falcons look like the best O in football right now. :dunno:

I played Luck against Denver. Didn't turn out well, but I don't think I made a bad decision (just bad results). If I had Ryan in the situations people have above, I'd play him too.

Never bench your studs.

That's the rule right?

but.... if you have a very good QB on your roster with an easy matchup against a weak pass D, it may be worth the risk.

The Denver D has shut down a lot of good QB's in the last season or two.

I'm not sure I'd call him a stud, although he's played like it the first few games.

If you are starting him though it probably means you waited until later to draft a QB and don't have great back up options.

It could also mean you drafted a QB high and picked him as a back up and he's performed well.

If the latter is the case I wouldn't be that hesitant to sit him but it would be for a low level back up or WW pick up.

Starting Ryan this week vs Denver without hesitation & the utmost confidence.

• Like 2

Starting Ryan this week vs Denver without hesitation & the utmost confidence.

Me, too. I get in trouble when I overthink things.

Me, too. I get in trouble when I overthink things.

Don't we all.

Don't we all.

My backup (Russell Wilson) is on bye week. So I have to play Ryan or pick someone up. I don't really want to drop anyone on my team right now, so I'll probably play Ryan with lowered expectations. It all comes down to whether or not I want to keep Russell Wilson as he will probably be snatched up if I drop him.

Ryan and Wilson for me too.

I almost added Flacco to start last wk , obviously that would have been bad.

I'm starting Ryan this week again but am expecting this to be the week he crashes back to earth

If you're expecting a bad week out of Ryan, bench him for another option. He's not Tom Brady.

I expect him to suck this week. Who doesn't? Denver at home? Hard pass.

If you're expecting a bad week out of Ryan, bench him for another option. He's not Tom Brady.

I expect him to suck this week. Who doesn't? Denver at home? Hard pass.

my other qb is on bye and I don't want to drop any of my players for a one week qb pickup

Everyone should be benched against the world champion Broncos. Unless about 5 guys go down with injury, play no one on offense against these monsters. Don't even use the kicker. Too scary good.

I hope this helps.

Ryan is going to have an OK day. They'll augment the offense with screens and TE work. Expecting Tamme to have a bigger role.