Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

Will C.J. Anderson stay RB1

after the game last night CJ seems sluggish and slow compared to Booker who seems to run like D.williams in Pittsburgh 100MPh with 100%.

Cj also cost Denver with failing to gain 1 yards on 3 different 3RD and inches.

am not saying this wasn't just a one off for CJ but Denver seem to be giving brooker more and more touches and Cjs numbers haven't been so consistent so far this season

that's my Fear I have him in my team and not sure if now is the time to try trade him away, I have west and Riddick on my bench and normally they would stay there but now I think they should be in place of CJ

yeah its standard scoring and CJ has been in Double figure points each week but I hadn't seen any of the Denver games until last night and after watching him am worried about his stats for the ROS

Riddick has got better and better and now id looking to start next week .

also trying to get coates to cover for Hopkins who is struggling with Houston's whole offence just now

Since week 1, CJA doesn't look right.

I won't be surprise if there's a change by mid season.

Booker playing time have vaulted to almost 60/40 now.

If he has even the slightest amount of pain he's worthless. The guy can't play with any boo boos. Same thing last year. Ankle tweak and he was ruined for 8 weeks. He has to be 100% or feel free to bench him.

yeah I mean in standard scoring leagues like am in he has been high scoring 3 out of 4 weeks, but he just looked slow and uninterested last night and booker looked fired up and running 100MPH every time he got the chance.

I would just hate to swap him out for Riddick then him to go bk to his opening weeks scoring ha

This is the exact thing I was worried about with him or any Denver RB for that matter.

They have a long history of switching RBs up during the season.

This is the exact thing I was worried about with him or any Denver RB for that matter.

They have a long history of switching RBs up during the season.

yeah he started off looking good first 2 weeks but last 3 he has been held below 50 yards and only one score.

and tbh I don't know if I could get a good deal for him in a trade now

Anderson is what we thought he is.

Really thought Booker would playing more already, so going forward I think it will be another nasty RBBC.

Anderson is what we thought he is was.

Fixed.

Everyone might keep in mind that he got better as the year progressed and weather deteriorated last season.

No need to fix it.

He is what we thought he is.

Booker will be booking more playing time going forward.

Time to sale Anderson high will some run out so hurry.

No need to fix it.

He is what we thought he is.

Time to sale Anderson high will some run out so hurry.

I actually predicted Booker would be the starter by week 5. I was wrong, and the reason I was wrong is this:

CJ Anderson does not give you the most explosive Running, but he is one of the best Pass blocking RB's (if not THE best) and with a Simean having his first starts there was no way he wasnt gonna be the starter early in the season.

by the end of week 2 I figured Depending on how far Simean progresses and how well the line plays, It could be late in the season before CJA loses the starting gig.

Keep in mind, this is more about developing a young starting QB than it is about the running game. And Denver had what may have been one of the worst lines in the NFL last year. I admit, they have been better this year, but they still arent a top line by any means.

What keeps CJ employed is his pass blocking & Blitz pickup.

This will keep him on the field longer than it would under normal conditions.

Make no mistake about it....Booker will be the man eventually. I just think it will take 5-7 weeks longer than my initial prediction and may not happen until year end.

to some extent it depends how well Booker picks up the deficiencies in his game (stress on pass protection)

No need to fix it.

He is what we thought he is was.

Time to sale sell Anderson high will some run out ?? so hurry.

Attempted fix.

Will I'm not to sure if Booker will be the man soon.

But he will be getting more work.

Going forward it should be like it was last season with the Broncos.

RBBC.

The offensive line is fragile and C'Jadrian needs them to be at their best so that he can one-cut his way to the promised land. Right now they are not. Also, Carolina defense is not as menacing as folks thought a month ago. People have gotten yards on them.

Still, Booker needs to be rostered just in-case cja is secretly hurting.

If Anderson is hurtin or not I would roster Booker.

Booker looks so much better. Night and day. Only matter of time

I actually predicted Booker would be the starter by week 5. I was wrong, and the reason I was wrong is this:

CJ Anderson does not give you the most explosive Running, but he is one of the best Pass blocking RB's (if not THE best) and with a Simean having his first starts there was no way he wasnt gonna be the starter early in the season.

by the end of week 2 I figured Depending on how far Simean progresses and how well the line plays, It could be late in the season before CJA loses the starting gig.

Keep in mind, this is more about developing a young starting QB than it is about the running game. And Denver had what may have been one of the worst lines in the NFL last year. I admit, they have been better this year, but they still arent a top line by any means.

What keeps CJ employed is his pass blocking & Blitz pickup.

This will keep him on the field longer than it would under normal conditions.

Make no mistake about it....Booker will be the man eventually. I just think it will take 5-7 weeks longer than my initial prediction and may not happen until year end.

to some extent it depends how well Booker picks up the deficiencies in his game (stress on pass protection)

Booker also had a poor game 1.

I dropped Dixon to pick up Booker. Let's see if I picked the right man to stash.

after week one i thought i had missed the boat on CJA.. but he has yet to return to anything close to that form.. this Booker kid looked fresh, sharp...

The offensive struggles in general are going to limit CJA's upside more than Booker. Booker looks fantastic, and is a great compliment to CJA. He's a better pure runner, and can add spark to the offense. There will likely be some games he's used more often, but as we learned last night, the coaches don't trust him with pass protection after he missed several blocks and CJA dominated passing downs. Good news for CJA owners is that since he's preferred on passing downs will likely give him a solid floor in most games.

But it's going to be hard to rely on CJA as a RB1 mostly due to the fact that Denver just doesn't look great on offense. If he ever gets hurt, Booker will be in a great position to win matches for fantasy teams, but I doubt he's a startable option otherwise..

• Like 1

The offensive struggles in general are going to limit CJA's upside more than Booker. Booker looks fantastic, and is a great compliment to CJA. He's a better pure runner, and can add spark to the offense. There will likely be some games he's used more often, but as we learned last night, the coaches don't trust him with pass protection after he missed several blocks and CJA dominated passing downs. Good news for CJA owners is that since he's preferred on passing downs will likely give him a solid floor in most games.

But it's going to be hard to rely on CJA as a RB1 mostly due to the fact that Denver just doesn't look great on offense. If he ever gets hurt, Booker will be in a great position to win matches for fantasy teams, but I doubt he's a startable option otherwise..

You got it. Booker was operating as the 3rd down back in the first 2 quarters but missed a couple of blocks. That allowed CJ to play more.

It really comes down to one play and perception. If CJ scores on that one 20 yard pass play his game goes fron bland to a really nice game.

• Like 1

I never got to see the game, but I hope to watch it on replay in the next day or two.

I heard on the radio that the Denver line wasnt all that great either. So until Booker gets better on his Blitz pickup and/or pass blocking, this is a guaranteed time share.

My hope is that Booker learns from this. CJA is one of the best in the game on blitz pickup. Hopefully some of this rubs off on Booker.