Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

Lacy Out? Pick up Ty Montgomery or Knile

Ty.

Doubtful Davis will know anything of the offense in two days. Plus, he generally sucks.

This is an extremely rare and interesting situation...

Lacy is likely out. We know Starks the backup is out. The Packers options at RB are a WR in Ty, a PS player who may or may not get activated, a RB who is just joining the team on a short week and a FB. :shocking:

And speaking of injuries, Cobb has a hurt back and Adams suffered a concussion on Sunday. Ty makes for a very sneaky play this week, especially in PPR leagues. The question being, is he more than a one week play going forward and worth a waiver pick?

Ty is 6-0, 215 and built more like a RB than a WR.

Kuhn might get goal line work , but it won't be In a Packers uniform.

• Like 1

Guarantee kuhn gets goal line work

That would be a funny sight, swooping in on Drew Bree's private helicopter

Per Rapoport

Sources: The #Packers are expected to be without workhorse RB Eddie Lacy for several weeks. It's more than a sprained ankle.

Guarantee kuhn gets goal line work

Kuhn's busy vulturing TDs in New Orleans.

Not to hijack the thread, but it's funny that the Saints have 5 rushing TDs, and Kuhn and Coby Fleener have 4 of them. Sucks for Mark Ingram owners.

Im reduced to starting Ty Montgomery this week at wr.

Ty is my guy as a WR2 by choice this week. Like I said above it is going to be fun to see. I didn't know that he had 300+ carries at Stanford as written in the Truth & Lies column. I don't expect Cobb to see much time at RB because of his back issues.

"Practice-squad RB Don Jackson and WR Ty Montgomery worked with the Packers' first-team offense at running back on Tuesday."

"Practice-squad RB Don Jackson and WR Ty Montgomery worked with the Packers' first-team offense at running back on Tuesday."

These are definitely the most likely candidates to put up numbers. (At least for this week)

I honestly dont know that either will really put up good numbers in the end. Rodgers has been throwing the ball an awful lot. I suspect this will swing the pendulum further in that direction.

I cant honestly see either of them getting more than 10-12 carries. And it wouldnt surprise me if it's a committee in the early going.

I'm not sure how much Cobb will play in a short week.

Ty is a very good play at flex this week. Going to get a lot of work in the backfield and PPR should be good as I would think it would be similar to last week with short passes acting like the run game.

Knile is a good stash long term. Won't know for sure how long either Lacy or Starks will be...and you have Jackson as the only other RB in GB right now and they have yet to actually activate him. (Im not sure him working with 1st team today means much yet...Davis just got there...probably rolling with the guy who knows the offense in this practice to not have to stop too often to get the new guy on the right page).

If you want the opinion of desperate-for-a-win 1-5 little old me, I dropped Alf to get Ty, and I dropped Kerley to get Knile (I've got about three other guys as likely as Kerley to score as many points as Kerley). Starting Ty this week, with Knile on the bench for long-term. I honestly don't get why everyone says Knile is such a no talent guy. He's no world beater, but he's had a really high percentage of big games when he's had the chance to start.

I know nothing about Don Jackson, of course. He might come in and Jordan Howard the whole damn thing.

Dayum. Just read Don Jackson's story. He may Jordan Howard the situation. That's some motivational crap right there. http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1666485-highway-to-hell-leads-to-green-bay

I picked up Kniles. Think I may have over paid but I got him. The past few weeks it looks like everyone has started hording RBs.