Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Martin and hyde out this Sunday, Mccoy hamstring issue.

I just dropped Ty Montgomery for Gillislee hoping for a lottery ticket....didn't really need Montgomery as I would probably drop next week during Byenado week.

From Rotoworld:

Coach Dirk Koetter revealed Doug Martin (hamstring) suffered a setback over the weekend and will not play Week 7 against the 49ers.

He's back to being week to week. With Martin out, Jacquizz Rodgers will again serve as the Bucs' every-down back after handling a whopping 35 touches Week 5 against the Panthers. The 49ers are 28th in run-defense DVOA and recently lost stud ILB NaVorro Bowman to a torn Achilles'. Over their last three games, the 49ers have allowed 191.7 rushing yards per game to running backs, including SEVEN touchdowns. Rodgers is a plug-and-play RB2 in a dream spot.
Oct 19 - 3:31 PM

In regards to Quizz, how do we know he'll be a workhorse this week and going forward with TB having signed Antone Smith? In 2014 when they were together in ATL for 10 games, Quizz got 43 touches to 36 for Smith. Quizz averaged 3.7 ypc in those games with 1 td. Smith averaged 6.3 ypc with 5 tds. Granted, Smith was on an unsustainable pace, but it goes to show who the more explosive back was that can rack up fantasy points in chunks. Quizz may very well get more carries going forward, but I'm a little leary he's going to be more of a grinder with a worse final stat line.

Doug Martin, I waited for you! Oh well, maybe it's over for him this year. The risk was known and that was part of his adp. It was either him or Murray for me. Got it wrong this time. I should've believed in exotic smashmouth!

Doug Martin, I waited for you! Oh well, maybe it's over for him this year. The risk was known and that was part of his adp. It was either him or Murray for me. Got it wrong this time. I should've believed in exotic smashmouth!

Everybody was drooling over Doug's playoff schedule after Simms was injured. Truth is DM already got paid.

In regards to Quizz, how do we know he'll be a workhorse this week and going forward with TB having signed Antone Smith? In 2014 when they were together in ATL for 10 games, Quizz got 43 touches to 36 for Smith. Quizz averaged 3.7 ypc in those games with 1 td. Smith averaged 6.3 ypc with 5 tds. Granted, Smith was on an unsustainable pace, but it goes to show who the more explosive back was that can rack up fantasy points in chunks. Quizz may very well get more carries going forward, but I'm a little leary he's going to be more of a grinder with a worse final stat line.

We don't know. But 2014 was two years ago and Atlanta was a different team.

We don't know. But 2014 was two years ago and Atlanta was a different team.

It was different in ATL, but this week is also different than the Bucs were against Carolina. Sims was inactive that game, leaving Barber and Hansbrough (both undrafted FAs with zero combined NFL carries) as the only backups to Quizz. This week, they have Antone Smith available. And while he may not have as much gas in the tank as he did in 2014, he is still an experienced NFL RB. I don't think Koetter would have signed Smith, someone who knows the system, so quickly if he didn't plan to implement him sooner than later.

It was different in ATL, but this week is also different than the Bucs were against Carolina. Sims was inactive that game, leaving Barber and Hansbrough (both undrafted FAs with zero combined NFL carries) as the only backups to Quizz. This week, they have Antone Smith available. And while he may not have as much gas in the tank as he did in 2014, he is still an experienced NFL RB. I don't think Koetter would have signed Smith, someone who knows the system, so quickly if he didn't plan to implement him sooner than later.

Good point. But Quizz produced when given the chance. I think they continue to ride him if he's up to the task. Not 30 carries but still good volume

Hyde isn't confirmed to be out yet....

Kelly said he'd be surprised if he plays and they have a bye next week. He may not be ruled out yet, but given the extra week of rest and his injury history I don't think they play him if he isn't 100%.

This week is a little different than Carolina, in that San Fran is a worse defense. Get Quizz on your team and into your lineups! Sims is not the man. Quizz was the workhorse last week and Tampa won. What fool wouldn't repeat that, especially against a weak SF defense.

As reported on this site (thank you for the guy who did that!), the signing of A Smith was a signal that D Martin's injury is a lot more serious than they are making it out to be. Then sure enough, D Martin's out. That's why Koetter signed Smith. D Martin has a lingering injury and TB needs a backup quick.

A little winning streak may go a long way towards letting the fragile D Mart heal on the sideline. It's possible Quizz can extend this gig, SF, then Oak, then ATL. Could be a nice little ride here.

What we do know is that since him and Quizz were with the Bears last season, one got cut in December and the other this September. One got signed to Tampa 10 days later and the other got picked up today.

I have Gilly but I fear Mccoy will be a game time "give it a go." and ruin me.

That is a part of the darkest ffb timeline so it could easily come to pass. I hope they shelve shady if he's not right and just give it to Gilly for 2-4 weeks.

What we do know is that since him and Quizz were with the Bears last season, one got cut in December and the other this September. One got signed to Tampa 10 days later and the other got picked up today.

Just out of curiosity, it seems these guys are always on the same team together. It makes sense in Tampa now bc of Koetter. Just coincidence they were both signed by the Bears?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-bills-runner-mccoy-hurts-hamstring-doesn-t-finish-practice-20161019-story.html

I don't think he plays. A very telling quote from Tony Lynn:

Offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn said something on Thursday that likely reflects any decision to sit him out on Sunday, and admitted that what happened in 2015 with McCoy weighs into it.

“Sure it will. Last year, it was a week to week thing and I don’t want to do that anymore. I want him on the field healthy and ready to go. I want him to be LeSean.”