Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Week 15 D/STs ?

I agree.

Like the Gmen vs the lions also.

Like the Ravens vs the Eagles.

Like the Bills def vs the Browns.

Going Bills, but not confident. Falcons don't seem too bad either. Hyde and that O-line did look pretty good though.

slim pickings in my league...debating GB@chi, giants vs det, jets vs miami, or wash vs carolina.

giants look like the only good defense out of that mess, but det has not given up a lot of points to defenses this yr. gb seems like they could force some turnovers esp if they get a big lead, though barkley has actually protected the ball pretty decently with chi running the ball well. jets always seem to disappoint and thier offense will hurt their defense. wash-car could be a shootout type game, prob avoid that one.

giants i think will be my first choice, then gb.

I have Miami, I like them against the new QB. San fran sucks so the Jets performance I consider an aberration, and Miami is playing for playoffs.

I also Like Hou, followed by Buff followed by GB. I may pick up Hou anyway for keeping away from opponent.

For me:

Hou (home v Jax) > GB (@Chi) > Buff (home vs Clev)

Am I wrong?

I would probably switch buff and GB. Although, Buff performance the last two weeks doesn't instill a lot of confidence in that. Cleveland should be a layup but the Bills defense has been non-existent.

Lions are a good pick v. Gmen. Eli throws lots of interceptions and often fumbles when hit. I'm seeing the Lions scoring a defensive td on one of these errors.

If you've been paying attention the last 5 weeks then the answer is Tampa.

I hope they eat Elliott for lunch.

someone educate me: why is NYJ at home vs miami (who just lost tannehill) not in the discussion? i think there's likely weather too

someone educate me: why is NYJ at home vs miami (who just lost tannehill) not in the discussion? i think there's likely weather too

I think it's just they've been soooo bad that it's too risky to trust them even in a plus matchup. I mean they only had 3 pts last week against an even worse SF team last week, and Carlos Hyde looked like a superstar against them.

No pride.

So I've got Balt as my normal D, who plays PHI at home. Or should I instead go with...

Atl vs SF

Hou vs Jax

Mia @ NYJ

TB @ Dal

Det @ NYG

I would probably switch buff and GB. Although, Buff performance the last two weeks doesn't instill a lot of confidence in that. Cleveland should be a layup but the Bills defense has been non-existent.

Weather looks like it could be bad for both games. Chicago has a better run game though, so I think Buffalo's defense is the better play.

Just looked at the forecast and Sunday it will be a high of 1 with a wind chill of 10-15 below for the GB-CHI game. Packers might just be a good pick this week.

Arizona at home vs the Saints. They have to travel across the country and have imploded

Might wanna check your geography. It's like a 3 hour flight and 1 hour time difference. I think the Saints turn it around this game. Tannenhill just threw for 3 TD's.

• Like 1

Might wanna check your geography. It's like a 3 hour flight and 1 hour time difference. I think the Saints turn it around this game. Tannenhill just threw for 3 TD's.

I think someone else mentioned it, but cardinals defense is way better at home vs road. And we all know about brees' splits.

Brees on the road is not trustworthy so I wouldn't jump on his wagon.

I have the Bills but man you guys are making me think Atl and Hou may be better options.

I think everybody's been eyeballing Buf D for this one specific game, but I just don't think they've shown enough to even justify anymore.

They're a bad fantasy defense, and just going against the worst offense in years shouldn't be THE predominant reason to pick a starting defense in the playoffs anymore.

Unless you just want a defense that won't kill you, I think you can do better.

I think someone else mentioned it, but cardinals defense is way better at home vs road. And we all know about brees' splits.

Arizona has just had random performances. They've allowed 30, 30, 38, 23, and 26 in their last 5 games for a total of 44 points in my standard league. There was some tasty matches there too against Carolina, San Fran, and Minnesota.

I'm going with Buffalo over AZ. Did it once this season and it got me -1 over my original defense. I just feel like with the weather and jobs on the line, Buffalo finally has a dominant game. Could be wrong tho. Oh well.

slim pickings in my league...debating GB@chi, giants vs det, jets vs miami, or wash vs carolina.

giants look like the only good defense out of that mess, but det has not given up a lot of points to defenses this yr. gb seems like they could force some turnovers esp if they get a big lead, though barkley has actually protected the ball pretty decently with chi running the ball well. jets always seem to disappoint and thier offense will hurt their defense. wash-car could be a shootout type game, prob avoid that one.

giants i think will be my first choice, then gb.

Dallas didn't give up too many points to defenses this year either until Sunday night

I have the Bills but man you guys are making me think Atl and Hou may be better options.

I don't think Buf will be bad just because Cleveland offense is so bad. But the Buf defense has been so bad fantasy wise. Its like there aren't any playmakers on the team. I would take Hou and Atlanta over the Bills but it is not like it is a huge difference.

It is Buffalo in Buffalo the second week in December. It is against Clev!!!! I picked them up weeks ago for this one. Now if Buf has already stopped playing for the coach, that is a problem. If Clev has given up, that is the hope.

It is Buffalo in Buffalo the second week in December. It is against Clev!!!! I picked them up weeks ago for this one. Now if Buf has already stopped playing for the coach, that is a problem. If Clev has given up, that is the hope.

how about when people were saying a few weeks back that "it's Buffalo against Blake Bortles the king of Pick 6s in Buffalo," and they instead only get 2 points for Buffalo's defense, giving up 21 points with zero TOs and only 2 sacks?

The week previous to that against Bortles, Det's defense got 19 points, and the week after that against Bortles, Den's defense got 17 points.

be very leery of that trap. there's better options out there.

how about when people were saying a few weeks back that "it's Buffalo against Blake Bortles the king of Pick 6s in Buffalo," and they instead only get 2 points for Buffalo's defense, giving up 21 points with zero TOs and only 2 sacks?

The week previous to that against Bortles, Det's defense got 19 points, and the week after that against Bortles, Den's defense got 17 points.

be very leery of that trap. there's better options out there.

Detroit also got a PR for a TD. Those are hard to predict.

Vikings are the #1 FF defense and they only scored 8 against Jacksonville last week. Weird things happen. These weird things could happen in that Bills/Browns game too. But they're still a decent option.

Detroit also got a PR for a TD. Those are hard to predict.

Vikings are the #1 FF defense and they only scored 8 against Jacksonville last week. Weird things happen. These weird things could happen in that Bills/Browns game too. But they're still a decent option.

Take away the punt return TD that game and it's still 13, of which includes another defensive TD on an INT for Det. I agree that TDs can be hard to predict, but TOs generally are easier to predict and the fact that Buffalo got zero TOs that game against Jax is a red flag.

I will agree it's a decent option against Cle; I no longer though think it's the slam dunk that everyone thought it should be 6 weeks ago when people were foreshadowing. My fear with the way you wrote your statement is that you may have bought into that hype weeks ago when you picked them up eyeballing this one game, but haven't really given much thought about where Buf is at as a team now that the week has actually started. I think it's a mistake to at least not look at other options, because there's good (and potentially better?) ones out there.

Atl's D is peaking right now and also has a great matchup, Hou gets Jax at home indoors, Tampa's D looks really good and Dal looks to be struggling, GB is playing an abysmal Chi team outdoors.

Like I said, I do agree that it's a decent option. But I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you're using the fact that their facing Cle as a predominant factor for your decision, and not the fact that those teams above are actually playing good defense right now.

Take away the punt return TD that game and it's still 13, of which includes another defensive TD on an INT for Det. I agree that TDs can be hard to predict, but TOs generally are easier to predict and the fact that Buffalo got zero TOs that game against Jax is a red flag.

I will agree it's a decent option against Cle; I no longer though think it's the slam dunk that everyone thought it should be 6 weeks ago when people were foreshadowing. My fear with the way you wrote your statement is that you may have bought into that hype weeks ago when you picked them up eyeballing this one game, but haven't really given much thought about where Buf is at as a team now that the week has actually started. I think it's a mistake to at least not look at other options, because there's good (and potentially better?) ones out there.

Atl's D is peaking right now and also has a great matchup, Hou gets Jax at home indoors, Tampa's D looks really good and Dal looks to be struggling, GB is playing an abysmal Chi team outdoors.

Like I said, I do agree that it's a decent option. But I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you're using the fact that their facing Cle as a predominant factor for your decision, and not the fact that those teams above are actually playing good defense right now.

I picked them up, dropped them and then scooped them up again lol. I'm a bit worried, no doubt. They have been struggling. I've owned the Cardinals all year, but feel like they're trending down too. I'm happy that Buffalo at least got 3 ints. Ben is hard to sack. I'm banking on a bit of both. Cardinals might be the better option, but yikes. It's a toss up for me.

I'm not sold on the Falcons either. They have 3, 6, 6, 8, 3, and then this latest 29.

The Rams are a mess. Those other games the Falcons played much better competition, but still struggled. The 49ers can at least run the ball. It should be a decent matchup but I feel like it's a toss up just like the Bills and Cardinals. I'm definitely not predicting 20 points or anything. Just hope for a high floor.

I picked them up, dropped them and then scooped them up again lol. I'm a bit worried, no doubt. They have been struggling. I've owned the Cardinals all year, but feel like they're trending down too. I'm happy that Buffalo at least got 3 ints. Ben is hard to sack. I'm banking on a bit of both. Cardinals might be the better option, but yikes. It's a toss up for me.

I'm not sold on the Falcons either. They have 3, 6, 6, 8, 3, and then this latest 29.

The Rams are a mess. Those other games the Falcons played much better competition, but still struggled. The 49ers can at least run the ball. It should be a decent matchup but I feel like it's a toss up just like the Bills and Cardinals. I'm definitely not predicting 20 points or anything. Just hope for a high floor.

If you're just looking for a high floor, then I'm fine with Buffalo.

Good debate.

My answer - IT IS DECEMBER IN BUFFALO!!!! The Browns may come out at half time with 15 guys ready play.. That includes the punter and place kicker.. I hope BUF comes out with at least 30!!!

MN's punt returner will not be back for Sun. I think MN would be a fantastic start!! If they are a choice left on waivers you must have a two person league with homer DEFs. MN much better than BUF. Indy is a rich QB with not enough money to surround him with anything.

I've got KC DEF, and will roll with them.

BUT - I seriously considered dropping DET RB2 T. Riddick for MIA DEF, @ NYJ...

My answer - IT IS DECEMBER IN BUFFALO!!!! The Browns may come out at half time with 15 guys ready play.. That includes the punter and place kicker.. I hope BUF comes out with at least 30!!!

MN's punt returner will not be back for Sun. I think MN would be a fantastic start!! If they are a choice left on waivers you must have a two person league with homer DEFs. MN much better than BUF. Indy is a rich QB with not enough money to surround him with anything.

dude, you say that like it means something. Look at Buf's stats, they're not a good fantasy defense and opportunity can only take you so far. Here's there numbers for fantasy points for the past 8 games...

SF: 6 pts

Mia: 0 pts

NE: 1 pt

Sea: 5 pts

Cin: 9 pts

Jax: 2 pts

Oak: -4 pts

Pit: 6 pts

And it's not like those are great teams or anything.

Buf is not going to kill you, so playing against Cle counts for something. But your a fool if the only positive you can say about why you're playing them is because it's Cle against Buffalo in the cold.

I've got KC DEF, and will roll with them.

BUT - I seriously considered dropping DET RB2 T. Riddick for MIA DEF, @ NYJ...

I have dolphins DST and pretty confident. ATL D is sitting on the wire but I benched dolphins DST last week and they put up some points