Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Championship Week 16 WR discussion starts now

I'm rolling with Baldwin this week, along with either AJ Green or Meredith. I'll wait for more info on Green. Benching Watkins and Adams. Adams could be good, but last week was the 2nd game for him this year in cold weather that he just can't catch the ball. It was a problem last year as well. I'm sure he'll be great on my bench, but he and Watkins are the reason I'm playing for third this week and not the championship, and I don't see any great reason why either of them are going to be outstanding this week.

Meredith should draw Fuller a bunch this week, which is a good matchup.

My choices are Amari Pooper or Lockett.

Could roll with Sproles in the flex instead.

Leaning towards Lockett currently. Thoughts?

My choices are Amari Pooper or Lockett.

Could roll with Sproles in the flex instead.

Leaning towards Lockett currently. Thoughts?

I would go Lockett. I am leaning toward rolling with him in both leagues. I may go Baldwin in one just to offset the risk.

I'm reading Peterson should be on Baldwin or at least start with him. Thus, fire up Lockett. I'm sure Peterson won't then take him until he has scored a long td first.

I'm reading Peterson should be on Baldwin or at least start with him. Thus, fire up Lockett. I'm sure Peterson won't then take him until he has scored a long td first.

Doesn't Baldwin line up in the slot a lot? Will Peterson follow him there as well?

Doesn't Baldwin line up in the slot a lot? Will Peterson follow him there as well?

Yep. Unlike Norman, Peterson follows the opposing best player.

Sterling shepard might be worth a flyer tonight. I think he's caught a td in 5 of his last 7 games, including vs philly in week 9.

Quite the flyer for tonight

lol i get days mixed up with the crazy on-call hours i work...hey, least i nailed the suggestion.

lol i get days mixed up with the crazy on-call hours i work...hey, least i nailed the suggestion.

That kid can ball. Saw it at Oklahoma. His fantasy future is bright.

The whole world is telling me to don't bench AMARI COOPER.....

BUT.......

my gut is telling me, "you will be sorry if you play him......"

Rolling out Ginn as my WR3. Hoping for a deep ball.

Benjamin has been horrid.

Well I had a decent start with OBJ Thursday night.

But I keep going back and forth with my other 2 WR's :wall:

Robby Anderson should get plenty of targets in garbage time once the Pats get a 2-3 TD lead.

And Lockett scares me, all of a sudden he is reliable? If you take away his two long TDs the last 3 weeks

his #s are not that impressive.

AJ Green could play enough to get his 36 yards and call it a season :mad:

No focking way am I ever playing Kelvin Benjamin again.

Same goes with Pryor as long as RGIII is trying to pretend to be a QB.

On another note: I was gonna start Ryan since he lit up Carolina for 500 yards earlier

in season. But they have actually been pretty tough against the pass the last 4-5 weeks.

And my other option is Brady who I benched last week.

Brady always kills me every championship. But this JETS team gave up 4 TDs to Miami.

Think I have to go Brady here.

Thoughts on 2 WR's ??????

This is my 4th Championship game in the 5 years since I rejoined my friends keeper league.

I have not won it. So really want to end this bad unlucky streak

Lockett and Anderson. I wouldn't feel too bad about them. I am starting Lockett in two leagues.

you are not worried minus those two big TD plays he has been very mediocre?

you are not worried minus those two big TD plays he has been very mediocre?

Bear in mind that Lockett was not a starter for the majority of the season, as he was behind Kearse on the depth chart.

He is now a bona fide starter for the Seahawks - hence the recent difference.

Starting Ginn over Lockett as my WR3, but looked hard at the latter. I could see the Lock having a good game this week, but Wilson really spreads it around. Sometimes Graham is huge, and the next week he'll bust. Same with Baldwin. Nevertheless, I like the Lock's ceiling in this one......of Peterson locks onto Baldwin (although I can't see that as a given).

Ginn is also risky, but he came through for me last week in the semi's, subbing for Moncrief. He seems to be the true WR1 in that offense with Benjamin slumping. Ginn did drop a long pass last week that should have been a gimme, but he (like Lockett) has shown better consistency recently.

May regret it.....but you gotta call em like you see em.

• Like 1

Starting Ginn over Lockett as my WR3, but looked hard at the latter. I could see the Lock having a good game this week, but Wilson really spreads it around. Sometimes Graham is huge, and the next week he'll bust. Same with Baldwin. Nevertheless, I like the Lock's ceiling in this one......of Peterson locks onto Baldwin (although I can't see that as a given).

Ginn is also risky, but he came through for me last week in the semi's, subbing for Moncrief. He seems to be the true WR1 in that offense with Benjamin slumping. Ginn did drop a long pass last week that should have been a gimme, but he (like Lockett) has shown better consistency recently.

May regret it.....but you gotta call em like you see em.

I feel your agony here General. Yours is Ginn or Lockett.

Mine is Ginn or Inman or Lockett. If I can get some strong word that Peterson will not be covering Lockett, I will probably choose him. If I don't get that word, I may flip a coin. Lol (Yet the whole world except weepaws is telling me Cooper should be in my lineup because he will bust out this week.)

I am lock and loaded with MThomas and Cameron Meredith. No one can talk me out of those two.

I let weather decide.

I am starting Tyreek and Sanders. I could flex Lockett but it's going to rain so I'm rolling out Tevin Coleman. Benching AJ Green. Can't trust him and it's a tough matchup. I could flex AJ but can't pull the trigger.

Mine is Ginn or Inman or Lockett. If I can get some strong word that Peterson will not be covering Lockett, I will probably choose him. If I don't get that word, I may flip a coin. Lol (Yet the whole world except weepaws is telling me Cooper should be in my lineup because he will bust out this week.)

I am lock and loaded with MThomas and Cameron Meredith. No one can talk me out of those two.

You do have a tough choice. All 4 of those are pretty equal, as far as upside is concerned. If it helps, I am playing against Coop in the ship.....so he is VERY likely to have that game owners have been waiting for.

• Like 1

I let weather decide.

I am starting Tyreek and Sanders. I could flex Lockett but it's going to rain so I'm rolling out Tevin Coleman. Benching AJ Green. Can't trust him and it's a tough matchup. I could flex AJ but can't pull the trigger.

What forecast did you get? I pulled this from NOAA:

Saturday
A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

What forecast did you get? I pulled this from NOAA:

Saturday

A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.6062&lon=-122.3321#.WF3fxdQrJYA

-Not bad.......

I hadn't seen that update. Looks like weather is gonna be ok. Thanks.

No I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

I hadn't seen that update. Looks like weather is gonna be ok. Thanks.

No I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

These calls can be agonizing. Basically, 6 months worth of effort go into trying to get the right lineup on the field in the ship.

I learned early on that coin flips/pulling names didn't work for me......so I just go with my gut and hope for the best.

Did you catch my post yesterday? Basically, Peterson cannot do it all himself - and now Tyrann Mathieu is on IR. Anyway, check it out:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=462549&do=findComment&comment=5843431

Didn't Lockett only play 50% of the WR2 snaps last week though (with Kearse playing the other 50%)? I have a hard time trusting a 50% player regardless of position.

I picked up Lockett, Ginn, Thielen, V Davis, & M Lee, & Doyle.

Starting D Hopkins, Lockett, Ginn, Thielen, V Davis.

I cut AJ Green, Moncrief, S Watkins, K Benjamin, DeVante Parker, & J Reed.

I cut AJ Green, Moncrief, S Watkins, K Benjamin, DeVante Parker, & J Reed.

That's carrying out the trash.....

I have a feeling Kelvin Benjamin has a decent fantasy day. Probably his best of the year. But I still can not trust him and will not start him. Just a feeling I have since most everyone has written him off cuz they have been burned by him over and over like I have,

With AJ Green playing this week in doubt now, I am not starting him. I am going with Lockett and Anderson, along with OBJ who played Thursday.

Merry Christmas everyone. :cheers:

There's no guarantee what any wr will do. I would rather start Tyreek or Wallace over studs like Julio or A.J. Green. Strange time if season with many scenarios. I've narrowed my WR choices down to this... Are they on a team that have a chance to make the playoffs or seed to home field? Teams like Atlanta doesn't need to overwork Julio while Teams like KC have a shot at homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

Still not sure about my final lineup for today's championship. QB and RB are locked in with Rodgers and L Bell/D Murray. What do yall think about my WR, TE, and Flex? Typical Yahoo PPR scoring.

Start 2 WR: M Thomas, B Cooks, M Crabtree

Start 1 TE: M Bennett, E Ebron, A Gates

Start 1 Flex: One of the WRs above or Spenser Ware.

Lockett and Anderson. I wouldn't feel too bad about them. I am starting Lockett in two leagues.

These two cost me another focking championship. Unreal.

I must be cursed. :mad:

• Like 1

I traded for Doug Baldwin mid-way through the season. I figured I had to start him and not Lockett, hoped for the best. Lucky me.

• Like 1

I traded for Doug Baldwin mid-way through the season. I figured I had to start him and not Lockett, hoped for the best. Lucky me.

Awesome.

Today was the first day I benched Baldwin. (I was convinced Lockett was going to be the man today, not Baldwin.). Also cut SAMMY Watkins too. Lol