Sign in to follow this  
ChinaCat

They kneeled for the National Anthem and stood for the Brit anthem.

You cannot refute any of it. Typical Lib. Attack something and try to throw the focus of facts onto something else.

Such a terrible tactic.

Here are a few unassailable facts to consider:

• While the secession debate was between the North and the South, the slavery debate was between a pro-slavery Democratic Party and an anti-slavery Republican Party.
  • Two of the three Democrats that Lincoln identified as the champions of slavery—Stephen Douglas and James Buchanan—were Northerners. Only one, Roger Taney, was a Southerner.
  • Even after Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, the Democratic platform in 1864 sought a treaty with the Confederacy that would most likely involve a restoration of slavery.
  • After the Civil War, the Democrats overwhelmingly opposed the Thirteenth Amendment freeing the slaves, the Fourteenth Amendment granting equal rights under law, and the Fifteenth Amendment giving blacks the right to vote.
  • Jim Crow is entirely a legacy of the Democratic Party. Every segregation law enacted in the South was passed by a Democratic legislature, signed by a Democratic governor, and enforced by Democratic officials.
  • After Republicans shut it down in the late nineteenth century, the Ku Klux Klan was revived in the early twentieth century by a progressive Democratic president, Woodrow Wilson, who screened a pro-KKK movie in the White House.
  • For decades the Klan served, in the words of progressive historian Eric Foner, as “the domestic terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.” David Duke is an anomaly; virtually every KKK leader for the past 150 years has been a Democrat.
  • As historian Ira Katznelson shows, in order to get the New Deal passed, progressive icon Franklin Delano Roosevelt made deals with racist Democrats to block anti-lynching legislation and to exclude African Americans from most New Deal programs.
  • More Republicans than Democrats proportionately voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and the Fair Housing Bill of 1968. The main opposition to the civil rights movement came not from the GOP but from racist Democrats.

Go Cubs!!!!

Go Bears!!! See ya later Pittsburgh. :)

:) I'm seriously missing David Johnson after watching today's game. Injuries suck.

That being said, I regret to inform you that what you stated is exactly what I'm saying. NASCAR fans with flag do-rags and boxers are attempting to celebrate the flag and country, I don't think this is debatable. You seem intent on the "stated" intentions of the players, what are they? IMO it can be either supporting Kaep or protesting Trump calling him and others who kneel SOBs. If the latter, I would expect that to end this week and next weekend we'll be back to a handful of players kneeling to support Kaep.

I read this last night, thought you might be interested in it--a clear and well-articulated statement of why one of the first protestors decided to take a knee. I imagine there will be some who will, but I find it hard to see how anyone would read or talk to him about it and feel threatened or insulted by what Reid is doing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html

Sure I believe in the first amendment. I also believe I would attack anyone violently if I saw them burning our flag. See, just because you can do something, that doesn't mean you should.

Ah, a tough guy. Well I'll make sure not to burn a flag in front of you. You seem really dangerous and I'm sure I should be scared.

Ah, a tough guy. Well I'll make sure not to burn a flag in front of you. You seem really dangerous and I'm sure I should be scared.

Good move

I read this last night, thought you might be interested in it--a clear and well-articulated statement of why one of the first protestors decided to take a knee. I imagine there will be some who will, but I find it hard to see how anyone would read or talk to him about it and feel threatened or insulted by what Reid is doing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html

Nothing from the NY Slimes is well articulated. It has become Pravda.

Stopped at "incredible number" Why didn't you? Guy couldn't get out of the first sentence without lying.

Why aren't any of the Trump-lovers criticizing their leader for taking a dying movement and giving it life again? With 100x more participants and triple the media coverage? This week was 100% Trump's fault and his supporters refuse to acknowledge that.

• Like 1

Why aren't any of the Trump-lovers criticizing their leader for taking a dying movement and giving it life again? With 100x more participants and triple the media coverage? This week was 100% Trump's fault and his supporters refuse to acknowledge that.

Why did the idiots in the NFL play right into his hands? You think what he did was stupid. It wasn't. I think it was annoying and childish, but it damn sure wasn't stupid. It worked, like it always does. Just waiting for his tweet where he says NFL ratings were down and he takes credit. Should be anytime now.

Because they feel like somehow the president of the United States is "winning" something by "trolling" pansy snowflake liberals. :rolleyes:

:) I'm seriously missing David Johnson after watching today's game. Injuries suck.

Same. I've renamed my team Red Cross. I've lost DJ, Olson, Baldwin is now hurt, I dropped Blount before Sproles got hurt, etc.

This year is going great.

Why did the idiots in the NFL play right into his hands? You think what he did was stupid. It wasn't. I think it was annoying and childish, but it damn sure wasn't stupid. It worked, like it always does. Just waiting for his tweet where he says NFL ratings were down and he takes credit. Should be anytime now.

If nothing else, you've got his immature tendencies down. Congrats. I guess.

If nothing else, you've got his immature tendencies down. Congrats. I guess.

Typical

So you don't agree that he took a dying, widely-ignored movement and gave them strength and unity? This was a monumental backfire.

Yeah, he breathed new life into it. Do you think that wasn't his goal? It's how he got elected. Was anyone talking about trade agreements? A wall? Nobody on either side. And you think the NFL is winning this? Why, because they held hands? All they did was Piss off their customers.

Yeah, he breathed new life into it. Do you think that wasn't his goal? It's how he got elected. Was anyone talking about trade agreements? A wall? Nobody on either side. And you think the NFL is winning this? Why, because they held hands? All they did was Piss off their customers.

I never said the NFL was winning this. It's horrible for the league. Was that his goal? Take what was essentially a 2016 issue and bring it back up to do damage to the NFL? Umm, way to go? I happen to enjoy football. Not real impressed with a President who has that on his agenda.

:thumbsup:

Frontpage Mag- Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical left and Islamic terrorism.

An Army recruit starts off with a salary under $20,000. Thousands of active duty military personnel are on food stamps. Millions of veterans rely on them to feed their families and themselves.

That’s how we treat the best of us. Here’s how we treat the worst of us.

An NFL rookie’s minimum salary is $465,000. And the majority of NFL players are usually bankrupt a few years after retirement because they blew through most of their money. Dozens of NFL players are arrested every year on charges ranging from murder to rape to animal abuse.

2017 was a banner year for the NFL with three times as many arrests as last year.

Along with the usual drunk driving and disorderly conduct arrests, there were 7 arrests for assault/battery, 6 for drugs and 5 for domestic violence.

The Seattle Seahawks announced that they weren’t going to “participate in the national anthem” because of the “injustice that has plagued people of color in this country”. While they lost that game, they are one of the top ranked teams in arrests. Alongside the Los Angeles Rams, the Green Bay Packers and the New York Jets, all of whom showed some solidarity with the anti-American protests, these top NFL criminal teams have racked up arrests for domestic violence, drugs, DUI and assault and battery.

Is it any wonder they think the justice system is unfair? They’re criminals.

Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall was one of the early players to reject the Anthem. The Broncos supported his actions. As his teams have supported him during nine domestic violence accusations.

Did any of the women he stabbed, punched or choked have any choice about taking a knee?

It’s no wonder that so many of the NFL’s millionaire scumbags are eager to join Colin Kaepernick’s protests against the justice system by degrading our anthem.

It’s because they’re criminals.

And it’s no wonder that the NFL stands behind its thugs. If a team can shrug at a 6’4 man beating a woman, what’s a little anti-American tantrum by a prize property that makes them millions of dollars?

The only question is why are the rest of us subsidizing it?

NFL teams loot millions from taxpayers to fund their stadiums. The Seahawks have a point about injustice. And the injustice is that taxpayers had to spend $390 million on their stadium.

Who will let Washington taxpayers take a knee and opt out of being exploited by the Seahawks?

Ten New Orleans Saints players sat out the anthem. New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton expressed pride in the players who rejected the United States of America. The Saints not only enjoy a stadium paid for by a billion in taxpayer money in a city with one of the highest poverty rates in the country, but are exempt from sales tax. And receive millions every year in “inducement payments” to stay put.

Sweetheart deals like these are not uncommon. The NFL comes with a pass on property taxes (those are for little people) and taxes in general. Until 2015, the NFL was a non-profit. "Professional football leagues" was actually inserted into the Internal Revenue Code to provide a special non-profit status. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell got paid $44 million in one year. That made him the highest paid non-profit exec in the country.

The entire NFL is an illegal trust. It’s a monopoly that was illegally legalized by Congress.

That monopoly allows the NFL and its teams to cash in on television licensing and team gear. After the NFL uses its illegal monopoly to rip off broadcasters, ESPN rips off cable subscribers.

ESPN pays the NFL almost $2 billion a year. Even if you don’t watch ESPN, you’re paying $9 a month for it because of yet another illegal monopoly. If you subscribe to cable or live in a major city, the odds are good that your pocket is being picked by the millionaire racists “taking a knee” against America.

But the monopolies are dying.

ESPN is bleeding subscribers. The NFL’s anti-American turn is alienating fans. And cable is collapsing.

The NFL is built on government taking money from people and giving it to the industry. Its leftward tilt isn’t an accident. It’s a calculated move. Who are the folks most likely to bail out an industry? They’re on the left. Not the right. If your monopoly is dying, it’s time to go left and hate America.

Anthem bashing is popular with the left. And it’s very popular with the social justice bloggers who increasingly dominate sports journalism, and not just on ESPN. Hating America will score points with the left. It’ll buy the NFL more protectionism from the media and the 2020 Democrats.

The only question is why do we need the NFL?

Once upon a time there was a football free market. Multiple leagues competed with each other. And the NFL was just one of many. The NFL-AFL merger created a monster monopoly that has worked to crush any independent league through its control over broadcasting and venues.

That's what happened with the United States Football League which won an anti-trust court case against the NFL, but was forced under anyway.

The man at the center of the fight against the NFL was New Jersey Generals owner Donald Trump.

The illegal monopoly that created the NFL was the work of Senator Russell Long, the son of radical criminal Dem kingpin Huey Long, who illegally took over his father’s Senate seat (previously held by his mother) and spent almost four decades in the Senate with no qualification except his last name.

The NFL got a monopoly in exchange for New Orleans getting a franchise.

Congressman Hale Boggs, the corrupt Louisiana Dem boss who went to war with the FBI, got it through in the House by appealing, “The Republicans are out to get me. I need this to save me."

And Boggs held things up until he got assurances from the NFL commissioner that the franchise was in.

That’s the corrupt Democrat deal that created the NFL monopoly. Of course the NFL thinks the justice system is unfair. It was created by a crime and it’s full of criminals.

Before the anthem protests, the NFL was just one of the corrupt legacies of Democrat rule. It’s a reminder of the fact that social justice politics, whether it’s Obama’s “You Didn’t Build That” or Huey Long’s “Share Our Wealth”, is nothing more than organized thievery from the working class.

But the NFL is no longer just a corrupt monopoly. Instead it’s becoming a radical anti-American organization that uses its taxpayer-subsidized stadiums and monopoly broadcasting rights to spread hatred toward this country and disrespect to the soldiers who fought and died for it.

America could have tolerated the NFL’s corrupt thievery. But there’s no way Americans should be subsidizing this diseased leftover of Democrat corruption when it spews hate at the United States.

It’s time for the NFL’s anti-trust exemption to go the way of Ma Bell.

Break up the corrupt Democrat monopoly of the NFL and demolish the barriers to the formation of independent leagues by taking on the NFL, ESPN and its broadcasting partners in crime.

It’s time for the NFL to take a knee and for the free market to rise.

Football must become an American sport again.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/267970/break-nfls-corrupt-dem-monopoly-daniel-greenfield

I like what I saw from the teams/owners, yesterday. I think what the players are actually protesting about, social inequality, is important and I'm glad that the owners, and the commissioner, supported them. I'm sure every player and owner is not in lockstep with how they feel about the issues, but the fact that they are respectful of each other and are unified despite personal feelings is a great example for the country.

I like what I saw from the teams/owners, yesterday. I think what the players are actually protesting about, social inequality, is important and I'm glad that the owners, and the commissioner, supported them. I'm sure every player and owner is not in lockstep with how they feel about the issues, but the fact that they are respectful of each other and are unified despite personal feelings is a great example for the country.

The NFL is a great example? That's a first. The owners try to screw their employees every chance they get. But hey, they held their hand during their tantrum so that's nice.

The NFL is a great example? That's a first. The owners try to screw their employees every chance they get. But hey, they held their hand during their tantrum so that's nice.

I thought what they displayed was a great example. People of different backgrounds and opinions unifying despite differences.

He took a movment that has been plaguing the NFL for almost 2 years and he just crushed it.

Yoy aren't smart enough to see what he did.

Stop watching. Is there a gun to your head?

He took a movment that has been plaguing the NFL for almost 2 years and he just crushed it.

Yoy aren't smart enough to see what he did.

The movement was dying. Six players, total, knelt last week. Kaepernick doesn't have a job. How was it plaguing the NFL? Be smarter.

Refuse to acknowledge it? We're celebrating it.

You'll continue to misdiagnose what is really taking place here. We're not mad or embarrassed that Trump has brought this issue to a head within the NFL; we're glad. The enemy within is being unmasked - and I'm not speaking of every single player who participated in the flag protests this Sunday; many of them are simply ignorant and going along with the cultural flow they're caught up in. I'm talking about the underlying agenda and making the public aware of the nature of it. The conscious nature of it.

And - based upon the uproar negative reaction of the public to it - holy sht it is working spectacularly.

The NFL was being used as a propaganda tool to wear down our patriotic resolve, and this is going to put a definitive end to that, because the NFL nearly instantly realized - in one day - what harm is being done to its brand by allowing itself to be co-opted by the underlying political correctness whose puppetstrings are being manipulated by a very specific enemy. And Trump brought that about. It's the same enemy that opposed his nomination. Instead of slowly tolerating an erosion of our patriotism in this additionally small way, Trump drew a red line, and made sure the NFL didn't cross it.

Meanwhile, you think the opposite of what has happened is what has happened.

:lol:

Battle lines are being drawn. Opposition is being defined. The American public is waking up. What Trump did with the leftist forces within the NFL is akin to forcing terrorists to emerge from behind women and children in Muslim villages and schools, and reveal themselves to be defeated.

His goading of that enemy with his inflammatory comment immediately caused it to overplay its hand, as he knew it would.

Pay attention. Look around you. The NFL in the upcoming days and weeks is going to do everything it can to attempt to repair its image with those who butter its bread. Trump has, once again, played his opposition masterfully, and forced out the element within the NFL which has co-opted it. Americans are burning jerseys, FFS. The NFL utilized as a weapon of propaganda against our American culture has been neutered, right in front of your eyes. Expect blunt-force manifestations of patriotism exuding from every corner of the NFL experience for the foreseeable future, just to attempt to correct the damage that has been done to it.

Trump literally just pulled that weapon from his enemy's hands, and immediately turned it against them - by first making people aware that it was being used as a weapon - and second by forcing it to display exactly the kind of thing that they were attempting to defeat. Laugh all you want; deride the notion all you want. It is nothing more than a defense mechanism outburst from you. Had not Trump acted as he did, this movement wouldn't have been 'dying'; it would have solidified its hold and influence over the NFL, and would have continued to slowly undermine our sense of national pride every time we watched another tolerated example of it. These forces know how important things like the NFL are to our unique Americanism. They understand things that bind us; things that make us strong.

Things that make us the most imposing force for good in this planet's history. This is another cog of American Exceptionalism, and it was being overtaken. Not anymore. You're going to see the patriot shame the leftist, as they did on Sunday.

The war is still being waged, regardless the degree you allow yourself to become aware of it. This battle, though, goes to our side.

Because of one masterful move by Trump.

• Like 1

Refuse to acknowledge it? We're celebrating[i/] it.

You'll continue to misdiagnose what is really taking place here. We're not mad or embarrassed that Trump has brought this issue to a head within the NFL; we're glad. The enemy within is being unmasked - and I'm not speaking of every single player who participated in the flag protests this Sunday; many of them are simply ignorant and going along with the cultural flow they're caught up in. I'm talking about the underlying agenda and making the public aware of the nature of it. The conscious nature of it.

And - based upon the uproar negative reaction of the public to it - holy sht it is working spectacularly.

The NFL was being used as a propaganda tool to wear down our patriotic resolve, and this is going to put a definitive end to that, because the NFL nearly instantly realized - in one day - what harm is being done to its brand by allowing itself to be co-opted by the underlying political correctness whose puppetstrings are being manipulated by a very specific enemy. And Trump brought that about. It's the same enemy that opposed his nomination. Instead of slowly tolerating an erosion of our patriotism in this additionally small way, Trump drew a red line, and made sure the NFL didn't cross it.

Battle lines are being drawn. Opposition is being defined. The American public is waking up. What Trump did with the leftist forces within the NFL is akin to forcing terrorists to emerge from behind women and children in Muslim villages and schools, and reveal themselves to be defeated.

His goading of that enemy with his inflammatory comment immediately caused it to overplay its hand, as he knew it would.

Pay attention. Look around you. The NFL in the upcoming days and weeks is going to do everything it can to attempt to repair its image with those who butter its bread. Trump has, once again, played his opposition masterfully, and forced out the element within the NFL which has co-opted it. Americans are burning jerseys, FFS. The NFL utilized as a weapon of propaganda against our American culture has been neutered, right in front of your eyes. Expect blunt-force manifestations of patriotism exuding from every corner of the NFL experience for the foreseeable future, just to attempt to correct the damage that has been done to it.

Trump literally just pulled that weapon from his enemy's hands, and immediately turned it against them - by first making people aware that it was being used as a weapon - and second by forcing it to display exactly the kind of thing that they were attempting to defeat. Laugh all you want; deride the notion all you want. It is nothing more than a defense mechanism outburst from you. Had not Trump acted as he did, this movement wouldn't have been 'dying'; it would have solidified its hold and influence over the NFL, and would have continued to slowly undermine our sense of national pride every time we watched another tolerated example of it. These forces know how important things like the NFL are to our unique Americanism. They understand things that bind us; things that make us strong.

Things that make us the most imposing force for good in this planet's history. This is another cog of American Exceptionalism, and it was being overtaken. Not anymore. You're going to see the patriot shame the leftist, as they did on Sunday.

The war is still being waged, regardless the degree you allow yourself to become aware of it. This battle, though, goes to our side.

Blah blah blah blah balh. Do you get callouses on your fingertips from all that blather you type every post?

Answer one question. What's Trump's endgame?

Refuse to acknowledge it? We're celebrating[i/] it.

Victory. And Trumps next move is to prohibit fly overs and military personnel from doing honor guards at games. Let them hold their own flags.

• Like 1

Blah blah blah blah balh. Do you get callouses on your fingertips from all that blather you type every post?

It's better than getting callouses on his fingers from the way you get them. :)

It's better than getting callouses on his fingers from the way you get them. :)

Perhaps you can answer. What's Trump's endgame? Now that he's united the entire league and the kneelers went from 6 to about 2000.

Perhaps you can answer. What's Trump's endgame? Now that he's united the entire league and the kneelers went from 6 to about 2000.

The league isn't "united". They bowed to PC pressure (because they are pussies). There will be no more kneeling 3 weeks from now. Watch. That is Trumps endgame.

There is already a boycott scheduled in November of all NFL games.

• Like 1

The league isn't "united". They bowed to PC pressure (because they are pussies). There will be no more kneeling 3 weeks from now. Watch. That is Trumps endgame.

I wonder if the boycott will be as yuge as his inauguration.

I wonder if the boycott will be as yuge as his inauguration.

Cant get your troll on at the GC? There is a decent conversation going on here. Your low brow snark isn't needed or wanted.

No, Trump and his cronies (including you) are the pussies. And racist ones at that. Six players were kneeling. And that bothered you so much that you would rather see the entire league get boycotted than to simply mind your business and enjoy the game. Trump loves the racist division and he knows guys like you thrive on it. Revenge for Dr King.

No, Trump and his cronies (including you) are the pussies. And racist ones at that. Six players were kneeling. And that bothered you so much that you would rather see the entire league get boycotted than to simply mind your business and enjoy the game. Trump loves the racist division and he knows guys like you thrive on it. Revenge for Dr King.

6 players my ass. That's the new false narrative. I saw more than 6 for every freaking team every Sunday. But Rachel Madcow probably said 6 and you vomit it out like a truth.

Simpleton.

You libtards just can't visualize the 24D Hungry Hippos that Trump is playing /s

Sorry I had to jump back in because of all the insane right-wing nut jobs in this thread thinking this is a victory. Anyone that thinks this is a win-lose situation has a warped sense of reality.

6 players my ass. That's the new false narrative. I saw more than 6 for every freaking team every Sunday. But Rachel Madcow probably said 6 and you vomit it out like a truth.

Simpleton.

Someone's getting testy. Go take a break and calm down. Just like your idol, Trump, you have thin skin.

You libtards just can't visualize the 24D Hungry Hippos that Trump is playing /s

Sorry I had to jump back in because of all the insane right-wing nut jobs in this thread thinking this is a victory. Anyone that thinks this is a win-lose situation has a warped sense of reality.

If the goal was to take a dying movement that was getting hardly an ounce of attention anymore and strengthen the movement and uniting the entire league, then I guess it was a win. Anytime Trump's base can come together to try to act superior to minorities, they seize the opportunity. Trump loves these moments. He also had them rooting for white supremacists last month. And we have three more years of this.

Someone's getting testy. Go take a break and calm down. Just like your idol, Trump, you have thin skin.

Overcompensation is the word you're looking for.