Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Chris Thompson!?

Week 1: 17.4

Week 2: 27.2

Week 3: 30.8

Wow. What's the best plan when you have a guy like this who isn't a big name, but he's just killing it in PPR. Chances are and history says he won't keep this up. Do you roll with him or try to trade him?

And what can a guy like Chris Thompson get you in a trade?

He has high floor. But too bad Red Skins will only use him as 3rd down back.

If you are PPR, just use him as flex. Hard to sell on a back that is 3rd down only. Someone like Fat Kelley will always steal 20 touches from him. You can try to field him around, but most likely will get lowball offer.

Week 1: 17.4

Week 2: 27.2

Week 3: 30.8

Wow. What's the best plan when you have a guy like this who isn't a big name, but he's just killing it in PPR. Chances are and history says he won't keep this up. Do you roll with him or try to trade him?

And what can a guy like Chris Thompson get you in a trade?

I'm asking myself the same question right now. I snagged him off waivers week one but with Dalvin Cook and Fournette as my RB1/RB2 can I really afford to bench either for such a seemingly boom or bust player? Flex you say? Well, do I bench Antonio Brown, Fitz, or Diggs for him? I've got this maniac lighting my bench on fire two weeks in a row but how do I work him into my lineup? I'm thinking about trying to offer him straight up for Jason Witten - whose owner had David Johnson and is desperate for anything at RB. It feels like it's time to move him, especially since I can't really find a way to use him, while his value is as high as it'll likely ever be. I just can't fathom this production continuing for a guy who sees the field so little.

I'm asking myself the same question right now. I snagged him off waivers week one but with Dalvin Cook and Fournette as my RB1/RB2 can I really afford to bench either for such a seemingly boom or bust player? Flex you say? Well, do I bench Antonio Brown, Fitz, or Diggs for him? I've got this maniac lighting my bench on fire two weeks in a row but how do I work him into my lineup? I'm thinking about trying to offer him straight up for Jason Witten - whose owner had David Johnson and is desperate for anything at RB. It feels like it's time to move him, especially since I can't really find a way to use him, while his value is as high as it'll likely ever be. I just can't fathom this production continuing for a guy who sees the field so little.

Bye weeks can be hell, keep him for that. Also Fitz isn't looking so hot, I would switch him out.

My PPR group of RBs looked pretty bad after the draft. Murray, Coleman and West. Thanks to the WW I have Cohen and Thompson now.

I should probably keep him too. Would just be nice to package him with someone to get a back who will get more touches. But you gotta think Thompson is earning himself more and more touches.

Bye weeks can be hell, keep him for that. Also Fitz isn't looking so hot, I would switch him out.

I also have Joe Mixon and Frank Gore as bye week guys. :thumbsup: That particular team is super stacked.

I definitely hear you on Fitz, though. Another bad game and I'm probably taking him out of my flex spot whether I decide to keep Thompson or not. Especially if Mixon continues what he started this week.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he is not going to give Chris Thompson more touches.

"He's going to keep pushing me for them, but he's not going to get them," Gruden said.
This is a rare instance where I might sell high if I can get a #1 WR/QB or Gronk for Thompson in a package deal.

Ppr Rbs are hard to gage.

I think a sale high now is a good choice.

He's no lock to keep it going.

I also have Joe Mixon and Frank Gore as bye week guys. :thumbsup: That particular team is super stacked.

I definitely hear you on Fitz, though. Another bad game and I'm probably taking him out of my flex spot whether I decide to keep Thompson or not. Especially if Mixon continues what he started this week.

How you feeling about Fitz magic now? :lol:

low flex wr most of the season.

He will have a few good games like last night.

You ruined it.

Bet you he goes for 40 yards and 0 TD this week.

Sorry. Although if there's a week he gets slowed, it would be this week against the Chiefs defense.

How you feeling about Fitz magic now? :lol:

Fake news. I never doubted him. Someone find out who falsified this quote immediately!

Seriously though, he won me a game in another league that I'd already written off since I was down by 20 with only Fitz left, my opponent had Witten. I thought that game was a done deal. Fitz is now my hero and since Arizona can't run worth a damn and Palmer doesn't seem to really trust any of his other receivers, Fitz will be remaining in my line-up for the immediate future in both leagues where I own him.

At the current time I would say his trade value is sky high and it would be a great time to take advantage of that, ride the wave

He is almost completely reliant on the big play to get his points considering he only gets a few touches a game and it's mainly in the passing game

If you need an RB and he's there, you have to take him and play him, he's decent depth

Two things that just don't go together are big play guys and consistency, so he's most likely to be a boom or bust player from here on out

Fake news. I never doubted him. Someone find out who falsified this quote immediately!

Seriously though, he won me a game in another league that I'd already written off since I was down by 20 with only Fitz left, my opponent had Witten. I thought that game was a done deal. Fitz is now my hero and since Arizona can't run worth a damn and Palmer doesn't seem to really trust any of his other receivers, Fitz will be remaining in my line-up for the immediate future in both leagues where I own him.

Lol :thumbsup:

At the current time I would say his trade value is sky high and it would be a great time to take advantage of that, ride the wave

He is almost completely reliant on the big play to get his points considering he only gets a few touches a game and it's mainly in the passing game

If you need an RB and he's there, you have to take him and play him, he's decent depth

Two things that just don't go together are big play guys and consistency, so he's most likely to be a boom or bust player from here on out

This is where you can take advantage of someone who doesn't follow the games closely. All they see is 3 consecutive high FF points game and believe that's a new RB1.

Lol you posted on the wrong thread.

If you posted on the Martin thread, people will say you did awesome. Here, Thompson rules.

We are all bias on whom we have.

I just traded Thompson and Thielen for D. Martin and Garcon. Owner needed a RB for this week.

Very interesting trade.

I just traded Thompson and Thielen for D. Martin and Garcon. Owner needed a RB for this week.

For context the 2 RBs I have are Carson and Kelley. I'm fine at WR without THielen and Garcon was just a throw in (who I do like almost as much as Thielen anyway). The other owner had no RB2 to start this week, so I gave him Thompson for the short term and I get Martin for the long term as a upgrade over my current RBs (hopefully).

For context the 2 RBs I have are Carson and Kelley. I'm fine at WR without THielen and Garcon was just a throw in (who I do like almost as much as Thielen anyway). The other owner had no RB2 to start this week, so I gave him Thompson for the short term and I get Martin for the long term as a upgrade over my current RBs (hopefully).

You did well given that situation. But let's see if Tampa can block for him. And what are you going to do for this week? Isn't Martin out this week still?

You did well given that situation. But let's see if Tampa can block for him. And what are you going to do for this week? Isn't Martin out this week still?

I'm starting Carson and Kelley this week.

He had fumbling issues in the past. That's why he has never been trusted as the premiere back in Washington. However, if he has truly put that behind him, then he's about to become their guy!

He had fumbling issues in the past. That's why he has never been trusted as the premiere back in Washington. However, if he has truly put that behind him, then he's about to become their guy!

I thought it was more a healthy issue. Either way, I don't believe Washington want to move away from the 2 backs system.

I can understand the logic, it's win win in term of specialization and workload management. Normally, no one back can play a full game, why not take the opportunity to specialize and get the best of both world. This is terrible for FF tho.

I thought it was more a healthy issue. Either way, I don't believe Washington want to move away from the 2 backs system.

I can understand the logic, it's win win in term of specialization and workload management. Normally, no one back can play a full game, why not take the opportunity to specialize and get the best of both world. This is terrible for FF tho.

It can backfire in real football too. Most DC's would recognize that Kelly in the formation = run play and Thompson in the formation = pass play. Your offense becomes predictable with specialization. Only way to keep the defense off balance is have both on the field at the same time. I guess that could work. I don't know enough about the offense that Gruden likes to run to know if that's feasible in his system.

It can backfire in real football too. Most DC's would recognize that Kelly in the formation = run play and Thompson in the formation = pass play. Your offense becomes predictable with specialization. Only way to keep the defense off balance is have both on the field at the same time. I guess that could work. I don't know enough about the offense that Gruden likes to run to know if that's feasible in his system.

Haha agree, but this is when HC out smart themselves. They would then pass with Kelley or run with Thompson thinking the other side would think otherwise.

It's all just too much gimmick and not enough substance. I do agree one great back with both skills work better, but they are hard to come by. It's much easier to draft a Howard and Cohen than a D Johnson/Bell.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he is not going to give Chris Thompson more touches.

"He's going to keep pushing me for them, but he's not going to get them," Gruden said.
This is a rare instance where I might sell high if I can get a #1 WR/QB or Gronk for Thompson in a package deal.

didn't he say that last week and sunday night he doubled touches