Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Coach Won't commit to D. Martin

Coach speak and hogwash, sorry I own Martin so I'm eagerly awaiting his return. However on a short week I prob won't play him as he may be eased in that week and game script may play against them chasing points. I don't think they'll cut him but def could see them easing him in with say 10-12 carries.

there were rumors of the coach and martin not getting along last year so they might cut him, koetter doesnt play around (ASJ and the 2nd round kicker) that said i spent a 5th on martin and hope he pays dividends

I'm waiting a least a week to play him, maybe 2, until he returns to game shape and hopefully stays uninjured.

>>And, you know, if we are going to bring Doug back on Monday, then were going to have to make room somehow. And that could be dictated by injury this week, so thats why, you know, well worry about it on Monday.<<

- That's not great, sounds like Martin will be activated... if they get a spot free on the roster....

there were rumors of the coach and martin not getting along last year so they might cut him, koetter doesnt play around (ASJ and the 2nd round kicker) that said i spent a 5th on martin and hope he pays dividends

Cut him? Haha. WTF are you talking about?

>>And, you know, if we are going to bring Doug back on Monday, then were going to have to make room somehow. And that could be dictated by injury this week, so thats why, you know, well worry about it on Monday.<<

- That's not great, sounds like Martin will be activated... if they get a spot free on the roster....

That's not how I read it at all. Coach doesn't want to talk about Doug yet because he's worried about this weekend.

He implies they'll be making room, but there may be an injury so that may decide who leaves to make room for Doug.

Let's be serious here, Martin is the most talented guy on their roster and can be a difference maker. The other rb's are just guys. Koetter is worried about winning above all else.

• Like 1

It's like pre-season Carlos Hyde talk all over again, LOL. Doug Martin isn't going anywhere and he'll get the majority of carries first game back.

That is just coachspeak but I will be keeping him on the bench for week 5 and see how this shakes out. J Rodgers has done nothing to entrench himself as the starter. The job is Martin's to take right out of the gate if he looks good.

I'll be starting him next week. Freeman on bye I will need him.

But is there a chance he won't play next week (as the article implies) bc it's a short week? The article doesn't explain why the short week will effect his status for week 5. I'm confused.

I'd love to see a recent video of Douglas running up a hill really fast or seeing him run a wheel route. But the Hamster is one of the lowkey players so we wait until Monday so we can freak out.

All of that aside, if someone gave you an active top10-ish rb back for Martin that you like, TAKE IT. Now.

But is there a chance he won't play next week (as the article implies) bc it's a short week? The article doesn't explain why the short week will effect his status for week 5. I'm confused.

Makes zero sense. If anything the fresher player is the better play for a thur game. Vs new England they will need all their best playmakers going. Great spot for Martin imo. Coach is just holding back some cards like you would expect esp vs the pats.

• Like 1

ridiculous.. this is a coach speak and coach "punishment". Martin is the best RB on that team and its not even close.. Rogers sucks. Even someone as dumb as Koeter wont bench their best chance at getting the running game going and taking pressure off winston.

Yeah cause that 15 yards from their starter last week gives them best chance to win going forward.

He doesn't want to talk past this week rightfully so.

Yeah cause that 15 yards from their starter last week gives them best chance to win going forward.

He doesn't want to talk past this week rightfully so.

Makes sense.

The other RB's have not done anything significant while Martin was out, so I cannot see a scenario where they do not make him the starter upon his return.

they may work him into the lineup, so his first week may be a timeshare, but I fully expect week 2 will be full go for Martin and that's what I am expecting and it is what you should expect as well.

There IS the possibility of Doug having some issues. And teams LIE/hold back info all the time. We could get to Tuesday and find out that Douglas has some mysterious injury from 2 weeks ago. Or we can find out that he's about to eat another suspension. Or maybe he's been eating all of the biscuits, ribs, cookies, and cakes that he can find.

OR

He shows up ready to roll Monday looking like the millions (and millions) of dollars he makes and all Doug Martin stash and waiters can rejoice at the sight of the Hamster with Muscles doing good things on a football field. We don't know. But we will soon!