Sign in to follow this  
Jedi Sensei

So, it's OK to drop Derrick Henry now, right?

Look, he was drafted to be either the handcuff or the lotto ticket for an inevitable(?) Murray breakdown...he's the RB of the future in TEN, and they can at least help him cut his teeth by spelling Murray a few series per game, give him some decent reps to keep em' both fresh.

Or not, I guess?

Focker has been invisible in games when Murray was around to tote the rock. And Murray has stubbornly not succumbed to career-ending injury or age or the assassins I've sent against him.

TEN is going nowhere this season as is rightly grinding Murray into the dust from whence he came, to preserve their RB of the future -- or so it would seem -- so...

Is Derrick Henry just a wasted roster spot 1/3rd of the way through the season? Can you really cut him? Suppose the Murray owner doesn't bite on any offer...???

I do own him, and I'm keeping him

https://i.imgur.com/yNlQWRM.jpg

Here's what I've been struggling with: if he's so good as to be the "RB that replaces Murray"....why hasn't he replaced Murray?

Is Murray better?

Is Henry being protected?

Is TEN trying to wring every dollar and cent out of Murray?

But perhaps most important of all, is Henry worth anything in FF (this year)?

In the maybe 2 dozen runs I've seen from him this year, he's looked...OK. Looked to me like he's the guy you keep feeding, who runs better as the game wears on. A Jerome Bettis type, maybe.

Apparently TEN sees it differently, and surely game-flow is a factor in all this, but his 5.3ppg (PPR) is not even flex-worthy. The avg PPG for Murray+Henry combined is 15.6ppg (PPR), which is barely low-end RB2 numbers, and that's surely how Henry owners value him at this point, but...well, y tho? What makes you think he'll usurp the throne any time this season?

Yes he's a stash (as I've already admitted), but at what point do you cut bait on a stash guy?

What makes you hang onto him over the next WW lotto ticket?

I'm in one league and that's all.

It's a 14 team league, I drafted him and he is my rb4.

I don't see anyone avaliable that's worth dropping him for.

And if indeed Murray was to get hurt, or if the Titans decide to run the ball again like last season he will be worthy of me keeping him.

If there was some else avaliable in my league that I felt was worth dropping him for I would, but I don't see anyone.

So I'm keeping him and going to wait and see what happens.

He could turn out to be a waisted spot on my team, but I'm not going to let him go for a lesser player in return.

So I'm keeping.

Keep him unless someone throws a cool deal your way. You can't start him so he's a hope stash that you have to ignore until something happens. Shallower leagues with crazy good free agents is the key exception. Aka if human Joystick is available, make that move.

I've got him in a league and I'd only drop him if something clearly better that could help me win my league is available. I still put him in the category of a possible league changer if Murray goes down.

Man both Murray and Henry suck. I won't start either guy for a looooong time, but I will prob hold onto Henry unless I see something really attractive on the FA crop.

This sucks, as we have very short (4) benches, and I'm stilll waiting for Murray to burst out or get hurt. Gonna get risky having a dead spot if his situation doesn't change.

If you're that frustrated trade him to the Murray owner for something. Otherwise keep him and hope Murray goes down. Like the rest of the fantasy world.

If you're that frustrated trade him to the Murray owner for something. Otherwise keep him and hope Murray goes down. Like the rest of the fantasy world.

Haha I own murray too, And I think many Henry owners do as well. That's the problem. He's a handcuff at best but seems too valuable to flat out drop. He's borderline worthless in a trade unless u don't own Murray as well.

Haha I own murray too, And I think many Henry owners do as well. That's the problem. He's a handcuff at best but seems too valuable to flat out drop. He's borderline worthless in a trade unless u don't own Murray as well.

I own both and hope Murray breaks a leg every down.

I"m stubborn, so I'm in HOLD status with Henry.

Sometimes patience pays off. Went through this two years ago with a then-third string RB named David Johnson. When Ellington and Chris Johnson went down, opportunity came a'knockin' big time. Not to say that Henry's got DJ-level talent, but he could be a league winner if given the chance to be a three-down RB.

You drafted him to see if he took over at any point during the season. So it's a little silly to drop him this early, no? I mean unless you REALLY need the roster spot but at this point waivers are already thinning out

I wouldnt be dropping Henry just yet. once it becomes very clear that the team is out of the playoff hunt I think they will give him some significant playing time to see if he is truly the RB of the future.

I figure anytime after week 8 or 9 is when you should start to look for this.

I bet they run the ball alot playing INY. If you are playing another time share guy this weekend.... you might consider this one