Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Cub Scouts ate the Brownies!

That's it. Nothing is sacred anymore

• Like 1

Boy Scouts the world over will rejoice as this gives them their best chance to talk to a real live girl.

This.

Best news ever if you're a pimply-faced 15 year old wearing a sash across your chest with 20 badges on it

• Like 1

This.

Best news ever if you're a pimply-faced 15 year old wearing a sash across your chest with 20 badges on it

I'm an Eagle Scout; my accomplishment is in the Congressional Record and it served me well on my resume for years after graduating, as it conveys an overall image of awesomeness. Sorry you didn't have what it takes to do it.

That being said, one of the earliest set of boobs I got to play with, and I believe the largest to this day, belonged to the daughter of our scout master. They were magnificent for a 15 year old. :wub:

I'm an Eagle Scout; my accomplishment is in the Congressional Record and it served me well on my resume for years after graduating, as it conveys an overall image of awesomeness. Sorry you didn't have what it takes to do it.

That being said, one of the earliest set of boobs I got to play with, and I believe the largest to this day, belonged to the daughter of our scout master. They were magnificent for a 15 year old. :wub:

I made it to life, lingered there a while, and quit. My parents tried to make me finish, but once I got a car, I was pretty over it.

I made it to life, lingered there a while, and quit. My parents tried to make me finish, but once I got a car, I was pretty over it.

Same.

Most kids that got to Eagle, seemed like it was their parents that actually did most of it

It's tough as a teen. I think I was lucky that I went through the program as fast as you can, and I think achieved Eagle at 15. The summer I turned 16 I was introduced to cars and secks and very well may have punted. My younger bro stopped at Life as well. Also I was a crazy overachiever as a kid. :cheers:

It's tough as a teen. I think I was lucky that I went through the program as fast as you can, and I think achieved Eagle at 15. The summer I turned 16 I was introduced to cars and secks and very well may have punted. My younger bro stopped at Life as well. Also I was a crazy overachiever as a kid. :cheers:

I remember loving it as a kid. I sailed through all the ranks up to life.

Eventually All the other older kids were doing stuff like preparing to do that hike out in Arizona (you know, the really tough place. Cant think of the name.)

So me and a couple others basically became babysitters for the younger kids. It got old fast.

I think all I really lacked was the service project. I just had lost interest by then. Has a lot of good times in scouts though, glad I did it.

Dumba$$es!

There is no good reason for this, just more "progressive" crap dismantling America.

Dumba$$es!

There is no good reason for this, just more "progressive" crap dismantling America.

Well, one of the purported reasons in the OP link is that families are increasingly stressed for time with single parents or dual working parents, so it would be helpful if the girls could joint the boys in the same activities. Personally I think the real reason was discussed later in the article by the girl scouts, which said the BSA is trying to overcome declining enrollment. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well, one of the purported reasons in the OP link is that families are increasingly stressed for time with single parents or dual working parents, so it would be helpful if the girls could joint the boys in the same activities. Personally I think the real reason was discussed later in the article by the girl scouts, which said the BSA is trying to overcome declining enrollment. :thumbsup:

ok, so maybe it's NOT part of the existing conspiracy, but wrong's wrong with downsizing?

ok, so maybe it's NOT part of the existing conspiracy, but wrong's wrong with downsizing?

What exactly is the problem with having girls and boys mixed for scouting?

Aside from the obvious difficulties in making sure that the children are properly supervised, I dont see it.

The Girl Scouts has always sucked. My sister was one. They dont do half the things Boy Scouts did, or have anywhere near the infrastructure.

If a girl wants to do scouting, and learn the outdoors skills and life lessons scouting provides, Im glad the BSA is allowing it.

They should buy out the GSA and just be the Young Scouts of America or some such.

What exactly is the problem with having girls and boys mixed for scouting?

Aside from the obvious difficulties in making sure that the children are properly supervised, I dont see it.

The Girl Scouts has always sucked. My sister was one. They dont do half the things Boy Scouts did, or have anywhere near the infrastructure.

If a girl wants to do scouting, and learn the outdoors skills and life lessons scouting provides, Im glad the BSA is allowing it.

They should buy out the GSA and just be the Young Scouts of America or some such.

um, because girls aren't boys

I was a boy scout, you?

um, because girls aren't boys

I was a boy scout, you?

Yes. As mentioned above, from cub scouts through weblows through life.

Im just saying, what major benefit is there from having boys only in scouting? Im not being snarky, there may be one Im not aware of.

Im just saying, what major benefit is there from having boys only in scouting? Im not being snarky, there may be one Im not aware of.

Building male camaraderie?

Also perfect ratio for the molester scoutmaster :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlR6CUT1qkQ

My step-son joined the scouts two weeks ago and they already had a girl in his group. :dunno:

Great, your son can join Girls on the run now.

My step-son joined the scouts two weeks ago and they already had a girl in his group. :dunno:

Wait, you are married with a step kid? When did this happen? :unsure:

Wait, you are married with a step kid? When did this happen? :unsure:

Heh - April 25th I got married. Have three step children now (3,4, and 6) with one on the way (due February 28th).

Heh - April 25th I got married. Have three step children now (3,4, and 6) with one on the way (due February 28th).

You have a step-child on the way?

You have a step-child on the way?

Haaaaaaa. LOL!

Spit my beer out on that one.

The ones who are really pissed are the girl scouts... the girls want to do more hiking and camping and firemaking.. not fllower arranging and baking. If it were more survival skill based girls wouldnt want to leave

The ones who are really pissed are the girl scouts... the girls want to do more hiking and camping and firemaking.. not fllower arranging and baking. If it were more survival skill based girls wouldnt want to leave

The Girl Scouts sell cookies and have dances with their fathers. Thats really about it. Its a crap organization.