Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Another TD nullified, going the Pats way..

This.

I looked at this video hard, and I think that it's possible that his right toe is off the ground once he gains possession of the ball. I think it's even probable.

But that isn't the standard that is supposed to be used to overturn the call. It's supposed to be clear and obvious. This wasn't. This is highly debatable. All the toe has to be is touching the ground, and the ref in real time was sufficiently convinced that it was in order to call the TD.

And the replay officials should not be going into replay with the mindset that they're making the call themselves. They are going in to allow a call to stand, or to overturn with "clear and obvious" evidence.

There wasn't enough here.

After the toe scrape, which may or may not have been good, he moves the ball to his left hand and losses possession as he moves his right hand to the ground.

He's not commenting on the play. He's commenting on how the rule is applied. He points out they are not applying it correctly.

And he is always incorrect guessing the outcome of the rules that he supposedly knows, so how does he know if it applied correctly or not...

And he is always incorrect guessing the outcome of the rules that he supposedly knows, so how does he know if it applied correctly or not...

You're stupid. Merry Christmas though.

I was finally able to watch this controversial call. I'm a Vikings fan and truly have no dog in the fight. IN MY OPINION, this WAS a catch. His left foot touches his right foot which was on the ground ( an extension ) and should be a legal catch..IMO

I don't know what kind of focked up logic they applied to to overturn this - but they hosed the Bills.. That was a catch, that was a td.

His toe came off the ground before he secured the ball. It was close...actually surprised they overruled but was the correct call imo

I agree with this... When he finally brought the ball to his chest with his right hand, the toe was off the ground...

No TD...

I was finally able to watch this controversial call. I'm a Vikings fan and truly have no dog in the fight. IN MY OPINION, this WAS a catch. His left foot touches his right foot which was on the ground ( an extension ) and should be a legal catch..IMO

There is no "extension" component to the rule. Both parts must touch the ground after control of the ball is achieved.

There is no "extension" component to the rule. Both parts must touch the ground after control of the ball is achieved.

OK.....but SHOULD be a catch IMO. :thumbsup:

This one was real simple, indisputable evidence didn't exist, call on the field stands.

The NFL needs to get it's house in order, these rogue officials making up calls on the run isn't good for the product.

This one was real simple, indisputable evidence didn't exist, call on the field stands.

The NFL needs to get it's house in order, these rogue officials making up calls on the run isn't good for the product.

Rogue officials? It is the one guy in charge of all officials making the replay calls. He doesn't have the same standard of "clear" that you have.

If so, then explain why.

I haven't seen an angle the disputes the moment he "has possession". Where does it say a player has to pull the ball to the chest to establish possession? :dunno:

Rogue officials? It is the one guy in charge of all officials making the replay calls. He doesn't have the same standard of "clear" that you have.

Yes, they need to get that guy under control. He's not following the rules, it's worse that he is in charge of all other refs...

This is obvious to folks who aren't personally invested in these calls.

:dunno:

I haven't seen an angle the disputes the moment he "has possession". Where does it say a player has to pull the ball to the chest to establish possession? :dunno:

It doesn't. However, he was bobbing the ball and did not have control until his foot was above the ground and then it came down out of bounds according to the head of officials. From the angle I saw, I agree with him

:wall:

I have no axe to grind either, as the team I support owns the Patriots. There wasn't clear evidence that it was or wasn't a catch. Under the NFLs own dictum, the call on the field should have held.

It doesn't. However, he was bobbing the ball and did not have control until his foot was above the ground and then it came down out of bounds according to the head of officials. From the angle I saw, I agree with him

Fair enough. I haven't seen that angle so :dunno:

I have no axe to grind either, as the team I support owns the Patriots. There wasn't clear evidence that it was or wasn't a catch. Under the NFLs own dictum, the call on the field should have held.

the pats own you and every other bitter fan of mediocrity

Well, the referee, Craig Wrolstad stated the following when ask why the call was overturned and where there was "clear and obvious" proof.

On the Kelvin Benjamin overturned touchdown, what was the conclusive evidence to overturn the call?

When the receiver got confirmed control of the football, he was not able to get both feet down in bounds. So, his back foot was already off the ground and it stepped out of bounds. His firm control did not occur until after he had one foot off the ground.

On replay, did you feel that was clear and obvious?

It was clear and obvious that he did not have control of the ball until he brought it all the way down into his chest.

So at least the 2 key officials felt it was not a catch

Well, the referee, Craig Wrolstad stated the following when ask why the call was overturned and where there was "clear and obvious" proof.

So at least the 2 key officials felt it was not a catch

Can you hook me up with a link to the view of this? I can't find it. :mad:

Google?

I can't find the view you describe. <_<

Seriously, the link you provided does't show me a view of Benjamin bobbling the ball.

EDITED: I believe I see what you're talking about now, however I respectfully disagree. :cheers:

the pats own you and every other bitter fan of mediocrity

Why would they own me? My team has two titles against them. Weird logic you're applying. The NY Football Giants are in the top tier of NFL franchises. A bit higher than mediocrity.

It's kind of weird that Pats thinks we need commentary from the refs that were involved. Yes, we realize they think they got the call right...

:lol:

• Like 1

It's kind of weird that Pats thinks we need commentary from the refs that were involved. Yes, we realize they think they got the call right...

:lol:

Maybe because they know the rules better than you do.

Why would they own me? My team has two titles against them. Weird logic you're applying. The NY Football Giants are in the top tier of NFL franchises. A bit higher than mediocrity.

no they are not they are next tier down below the great franchises. Pats on top by far. Factomundo

Maybe because they know the rules better than you do.

If there is any doubt play stands. Seems they don't.

They're just covering their rearend fella.

HTH

I'll expect an apology from the NFL soon.

Any non-Patriots fans thinking that call should have been reversed?

:doh:

This guy gets it.

Any non-Patriots fans thinking that call should have been reversed?

:doh:

I am not a fan of the Patriots and I think it was correct being reversed... He didn't have his toe down when he secured the ball...

Like I said, I'm about the only fan here who can be level headed about this. The Patriots have never negatively impacted my team about anything important. The call should have stood based on the clear and obvious standard set by the NFL.

• Like 1