Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Another TD nullified, going the Pats way..

Like I said, I'm about the only fan here who can be level headed about this. The Patriots have never negatively impacted my team about anything important. The call should have stood based on the clear and obvious standard set by the NFL.

the giants are like the patriots little brother, on very rare occasions they let you play in the game and even let you win but for the most part you're on the side admiring big bro, wishing to get in, and hoping one day to be just like him.

Instant Replays original intent was to keep obvious, awful, calls from happening. The ones that 99% of people look at and can plainly see was a blown call from deciding games.

The calls where even the opposing fans sheepishly laugh off because they know it.

Thats why they gave each team two replays. Then they added it to all scores, then in the last two minutes, then all turnovers. 1/3 of the plays are focking reviewable it seems now.

To the point where now on one angle the tip of the ball moved!@&$! I saw it, it moved!?@&$

It annoying as hell. The system is broken. Weve gone away from the original intent of having a way to overturn major fockups. To watching if a toe snipped a blade of grass. Ugh.

• Like 1

Instant Replays original intent was to keep obvious, awful, calls from happening. The ones that 99% of people look at and can plainly see was a blown call from deciding games.

He calls where even the opposing fans sheepishly laugh off because they know it.

Thats why they gave each team two replays. Then they added it to all scores, then in the last two minutes, then turnovers. 1/3 of the plays are focking reviewable it seems.

To the point where now on one angle the tip of the ball moved!@&$! I saw it, it moved!?@&$

It annoying as hell. The system is broken. Weve gone away from the original intent of having a way to overturn major fockups. To watching if a toe snipped a blade of grass. Ugh.

Interesting point. The original intent is up for debate, but if we only wanted to avoid moron calls, then this is not working. They are also avoiding calls where initial view (happening in a split second by a flawed human) was wrong. Maybe a recheck is warranted.

simple fix

No more frame by frame,, slow-mo BS

if they can't see it by watching it at regular speed, the call stands.

Fock off with this bullshit already

#notmynfl

simple fix

#notmynfl

Amen.

simple fix

#notmynfl

Spot on brother, spot focking on.

simple fix

#notmynfl

That is not a bad idea at all.

They just need to figure out if the goal is to get every call right based on the letter of the rules or whether they want to make sure that they don't make a mistake caused by human error. I think that the latter is fine if they can keep the game moving because, no matter what they do, they are going to have 50% of the people complaining on each call.

simple fix

#notmynfl

:cheers:

They just need to figure out if the goal is to get every call right based on the letter of the rules or whether they want to make sure that they don't make a mistake caused by human error. I think that the latter is fine if they can keep the game moving because, no matter what they do, they are going to have 50% of the people complaining on each call.

I agree with Ed's post. I don't want blatant fock ups, but I also don't want it getting to the point where they're looking at every play to determine if there may have been holding on an o-lineman. Gotta keep the game moving.

I'm really surprised how often the officials get the calls right with how fast the game is. Based on the accuracy of the call on the field and how many times the calls end up standing or being confirmed, I'd be fine with getting rid of replay. Since that won't happen, I'd like it used exactly how Ed suggested.

There are a lot more than 50 pct of the people complaining.

I agree with Ed's post. I don't want blatant fock ups, but I also don't want it getting to the point where they're looking at every play to determine if there may have been holding on an o-lineman. Gotta keep the game moving.

I'm really surprised how often the officials get the calls right with how fast the game is. Based on the accuracy of the call on the field and how many times the calls end up standing or being confirmed, I'd be fine with getting rid of replay. Since that won't happen, I'd like it used exactly how Ed suggested.

The whole reason replay was put in was for major fockups, that cost teams.

it was not put in to spend 5 minutes watching frame by frame.

Think how many legendary plays over the year would have probably been over turned if watched frame by frame.

envy is a powerful emotion

The Dez catch/not catch was BS too, and lots of people said so.

The Dez catch/not catch was BS too, and lots of people said so.

100%

Megatron too

There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the Benjamin TD.

I believe there was on the James one 2 weeks ago

whatever you say lil bro

18-1. The sequel wasn't as dramatic, but it was funnier. My favorite line was " it's like throwing into a Forrest". Classic.

simple fix

Never considered this - but it's brilliant. :thumbsup:

Never considered this - but it's brilliant. :thumbsup:

Instant replay should be there to prevent a Don Dinkinger type fock up.

Also, remember when the refs only had 90 seconds to look at a replay and then it shut off.

Or get this :o the coach actually had to challenge a play? how often do coaches throw a challenge flag?

Used to be 2 per game. Raise it to 2 per half and NO MORE AUTOMATIC CHALLENGES!

So, the official that did not see the slo-mo replay didn't know why it was overturned by the two officials who did? Shocking. :shocking:

Oh, I keep forgetting that there are still people who think the overturn was the correct call.

:doh:

My bad.

That’s a catch, the toe was grazing the grass as the possession clicked in.

That's the thing with instant replay, especially here.

100 people and 50 say one thing, 50 say the other

Meh, give him the charity catch, big woop pats beat them anyway, you know that, let's not pretend they dont.

Just stop

Meh, give him the charity catch, big woop pats beat them anyway, you know that, let's not pretend they dont.

Just stop

While this is true , the issue here is the NFL diking up the whole replay process.

I'm happy for Harrison, a great player like that gets to join the greatest franchise in the history of sports. Lucky bastard, he must be pumped.

send a letter

You would have to cut down a whole forest worth of trees to get enough paper to get through to Goodell. He can't see the forest for the trees. Forests are hard to throw through.

I'm happy for Harrison, a great player like that gets to join the greatest franchise in the history of sports. Lucky bastard, he must be pumped.

The Yankees signed him?

You would have to cut down a whole forest worth of trees to get enough paper to get through to Goodell. He can't see the forest for the trees. Forests are hard to throw through.

don't worry they'll change another rule to stop the pats and give a binky to the reality crybabies of the world. Wont matter, they'll overcome like they always do. This has been proven time and time again .

don't worry they'll change another rule to stop the pats and give a binky to the reality crybabies of the world. Wont matter, they'll overcome like they always do. This has been proven time and time again .

I feel for the other 30 teams though. You can't blame them for being frustrated. I often wonder what it's like.

I feel for the other 30 teams though. You can't blame them for being frustrated. I often wonder what it's like.

your math is off

Your memory is way off.

2 more Lombardis will have that effect, yours seem to be stuck way in the past. You might want to have that looked at.

2 mire Lombardis will have that effect, yours seem to be stuck way in the past. You might want to have that looked at.

the equivalent of Trent Dilfer at QB. Can't fight luck

the equivalent of Trent Dilfer at QB. Can't fight luck

Rams vs Patriots? 145 yards? Trent Dilfer was better than that. Lol. Eli had more yards than that in the fourth quarter. You lose. 18-2

you're deflecting again,

what next? OBAMA :mad:

you're deflecting again,

what next? OBAMA :mad:

You brought Dilfer into it. 18-3

Rams vs Patriots? 145 yards? Trent Dilfer was better than that. Lol. Eli had more yards than that in the fourth quarter. You lose. 18-2

:lol: how about stats from the last 2 ?

:lol: how about stats from the last 2 ?

The ones where the other coach blew it? Yeah, I'm sure his stats were fine.