Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Matt Ryan. 130 million, 5 years, 100 guaranteed

Ryan is not Elite. He sucks donkey balls.

Ryan is arguably a Top 10 QB. He may be overrated but hes absolutely a quality starter.

Ryan is arguably a Top 10 QB. He may be overrated but hes absolutely a quality starter.

He's not elite though. I guess that's semantics.

200 million is absurd.

He's not elite though. I guess that's semantics.

200 million is absurd.

Agreed but to say he sucks donkey balls is even more absurd.

Agreed but to say he sucks donkey balls is even more absurd.

Sure, but I think that's hyperbole.

Ryan is not Elite. He sucks donkey balls.

Elite. MVP

very good qb, not elite

elite:

rodgers

brees

brady

very good qb, not elite

elite:

rodgers

brees

brady

If you made a top 5 list hed be on it

very good qb, not elite

elite:

rodgers

brees

brady

Wentz

Foles

Fixed

If you made a top 5 list hed be on it

i tend to be a fan of his and believe that his down year had more to do with external factors than his abilities.

for me, he would be close to that 5 spot....

ben

wilson

ryan

rivers

stafford

palmer

carr

i tend to be a fan of his and believe that his down year had more to do with external factors than his abilities.

ben

wilson

ryan

rivers

stafford

palmer

carr

:shocking:

i know he has retired. i am thinking about this era of nfl. while having injury issues, very respectable career... played on some bad teams. decent numbers got better when he was surrounded by talent.

Fixed

Didn't see that coming. Played out.

ben

wilson

ryan

rivers

stafford

palmer

carr

Can see your thinking. Personally I'd rather have Ryan over Wilson, taking away the couple years of age difference...

Can see your thinking. Personally I'd rather have Ryan over Wilson, taking away the couple years of age difference...

Wilson is by far the whiter of the 2

sure... i could get that. up until the last couple of years, seattle's success has been built on the backs of that defense and lynch. these elements really help young qb's learn and develop. since the loss of lynch and the decline of that defense, wilson has carried the team and has done some incredible things. ryan is a more stable, traditional qb than wilson. i have a lot of kudos for ryan.... inherited a mediocre team went 11-5 his first year, and only had two losing seasons in his tenure. very very good passing numbers.

Ryan over Wilson???? Wow. Wilson has had to overcome one of the worst offensive coordinators and olines the past few years. Plus Doug Baldwin is his #1 receiver. Plus their backs always suck or are hurt.

Ryan over Wilson???? Wow. Wilson has had to overcome one of the worst offensive coordinators and olines the past few years. Plus Doug Baldwin is his #1 receiver. Plus their backs always suck or are hurt.

there have been some dumb things said on this board. This is a new low.

The reason you think Wilson is so great was because he playing behind one of the best oline, and had the best D in the league. He has been pretty mediocre dealing with the type of line Ryan has had his whole career

there have been some dumb things said on this board. This is a new low.

We are arguing between #5 & #6, and where 'elite' is cut off. pretty much semantics at this point

We are arguing between #5 & #6, and where 'elite' is cut off. pretty much semantics at this point

Saying Ryan is better than Wilson is bananaland

You can stop here - this is the entire argument/point. You think Russell is an elite qb. Myself, and many others, do not - certainly not worth this much........ Russell has been great in the system and role he's been placed in. With so much committed to him there - only a matter of time before the pieces around him leave or are told to leave bcoz they can't afford them.

Brings back memories of the Russell Wilson discussion we had a few years back.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=446225&hl=%2Brussell+%2Bwilson

Was right on the first reply that you could stick a fork in Seattle, but thats more evolution of success and the eventual downfall

i am surprised i didn't respond in that thread as i had strong opinions about qbs (and wilson) at the time. I believe i was involved in other discourse here somewhere. i was much closer to cruzer's position. the last couple of years wilson has done tremendous things, but the team has declined (so no superbowls). manning and luck did not have the benefits that wilson had to start his career. ryan did have talent around him (turner, dunn, roddy... then gonzo, julio, freeman) and put up respectable numbers quickly.

i am surprised i didn't respond in that thread as i had strong opinions about qbs (and wilson) at the time. I believe i was involved in other discourse here somewhere. i was much closer to cruzer's position. the last couple of years wilson has done tremendous things, but the team has declined (so no superbowls). manning and luck did not have the benefits that wilson had to start his career. ryan did have talent around him (turner, dunn, roddy... then gonzo, julio, freeman) and put up respectable numbers quickly.

Wilson had an incredible team around him to start. No arguing that. But Pete Carroll has run the team into the ground. Almost all the legion of boom has been disbanded. The oline has been horrific the last few years. Again Baldwin is his #1 receiver, and yet he finds a way to put up huge stats pretty consistently

Wilson had an incredible team around him to start. No arguing that. But Pete Carroll has run the team into the ground. Almost all the legion of boom has been disbanded. The oline has been horrific the last few years. Again Baldwin is his #1 receiver, and yet he finds a way to put up huge stats pretty consistently

i believe that i stated that my opinion of him changed over the past few seasons (where he has not had that running game and defense).

i imagine that his stats would have been significantly worse those first years if he had this type of team around him (the knocks on manning and luck). manning had excellent offensive weapons, but weak defenses. luck had very good receivers, but not much for rb/defense. both were the focus of opposing defenses as opposed to lynch for seattle.

I think the Eagles have a short window, like the Seahawks did. They already have the least cap space, and Wentz will get paid soon.

I think the Eagles have a short window, like the Seahawks did. They already have the least cap space, and Wentz will get paid soon.

I dont know if it's as short. Teams seem to get lucky here and there and rise to the top. Roseman and Pederson seem to be putting together consistent pieces, where Carroll ruined the team he was dealt. Plus the Seahawks have made poor choices on draft day, like Rashad Penny in the first. Most teams do though

I dont know if it's as short. Teams seem to get lucky here and there and rise to the top. Roseman and Pederson seem to be putting together consistent pieces, where Carroll ruined the team he was dealt. Plus the Seahawks have made poor choices on draft day, like Rashad Penny in the first. Most teams do though

The NFC west kinda sucked during Seattles reign. Don't expect the NFC east to be as bad as it was last year.

The NFC west kinda sucked during Seattles reign. Don't expect the NFC east to be as bad as it was last year.

None of the teams in the East look very threatening. Garrett will butcher Dallas.

None of the teams in the East look very threatening. Garrett will butcher is butchering Dallas.

sf and az were pretty strong. while rams were meh, they still had a solid defense

So is drafting well of no value to anyone here?

The Seahawks have fallen apart mainly because EVERY SINGLE draft since the year they got Wilson has been putrid.

It is the salary cap era. Why do we get people who think oh skimp on the QB position and keep everyone. No, players come and go. You can't keep everyone. You can't just pay every single player what he thinks he is worth. You have to turn players loose to free agency.

Drafting at least decent and having a new wave of good players to fill voids is how you stay relevant while paying a top QB. They have been the worst drafting team in the last 5 years. I think hands down. And I don't care for their draft this year either.

Ryan is a top 7 QB. Pay him.

What else would anyone suggest doing?

There’s nothing else to do. Decent QBs are so hard to find so you have to pay anyone above average out the nose.

So is drafting well of no value to anyone here?

The Seahawks have fallen apart mainly because EVERY SINGLE draft since the year they got Wilson has been putrid.

It is the salary cap era. Why do we get people who think oh skimp on the QB position and keep everyone. No, players come and go. You can't keep everyone. You can't just pay every single player what he thinks he is worth. You have to turn players loose to free agency.

Drafting at least decent and having a new wave of good players to fill voids is how you stay relevant while paying a top QB. They have been the worst drafting team in the last 5 years. I think hands down. And I don't care for their draft this year either.

The Patriots drafts haven't been all that.

The Patriots drafts haven't been all that.

No they haven't. But I am sure better than the seahwaks.

Don't really need drafts when you can make Wes Welkers out of fairy dust.

No they haven't. But I am sure better than the seahwaks.

Don't really need drafts when you can make Wes Welkers out of fairy dust.

So who has a top QB and has stayed relevant by drafting well? Not the Packers. Falcons?

So who has a top QB and has stayed relevant by drafting well? Not the Packers. Falcons?

Steelers draft pretty well.

Steelers draft pretty well.

There's one