Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

If my job came with a substantial risk of not being able to remember my wife or children when I was 50, and if a bunch of old white dudes were making billions off of my performance (without giving me the respect of allowing me freedom of expression to not stand up for a flag and a song without punishment), I wouldn't feel bad at all about trying to get the most money I could out of what, compared to most human careers, is going to be a short career.

There are a ton of people in this country who looooove the free market economy. And in the free market economy, the worth of an item, or a person, is determined solely by what someone will pay for it. If someone will pay you $X for your services, then you are worth $X, and you 'deserve' (economically speaking) to make that money. If no one will pay you that, you aren't worth it, and you don't deserve it. I wonder how many people who complain about these players asking for more money also support supply-side (trickle-down) economics and the free market.

In the free market, Bell is worth whatever he can get someone to pay him. :dunno: :doublethumbsup:

He can blame his union for these injustices.

If my job came with a substantial risk of not being able to remember my wife or children when I was 50, and if a bunch of old white dudes were making billions off of my performance (without giving me the respect of allowing me freedom of expression to not stand up for a flag and a song without punishment), I wouldn't feel bad at all about trying to get the most money I could out of what, compared to most human careers, is going to be a short career.

There are a ton of people in this country who looooove the free market economy. And in the free market economy, the worth of an item, or a person, is determined solely by what someone will pay for it. If someone will pay you $X for your services, then you are worth $X, and you 'deserve' (economically speaking) to make that money. If no one will pay you that, you aren't worth it, and you don't deserve it. I wonder how many people who complain about these players asking for more money also support supply-side (trickle-down) economics and the free market.

In the free market, Bell is worth whatever he can get someone to pay him. :dunno: :doublethumbsup:

This. No further commentary necessary

This. No further commentary necessary

Another person who doesn't like white people or rules in the workplace. Also a person who doesn't realize that these players could have gone and taken jobs in other fields or started their own businesses if they don't like the rules of the NFL. In my life, I have picked the companies that I wanted to work for. And why do you all care so much about the entertainment industry salaries?

Everyone loves the free markets when it benefits them, but when it keeps someone who they feel they "own" then it's bad. The Steelers should rescind the franchise tag offer and let him see what he can get on the free market.

I just don't like the hypocrisy. Same thing when the banks got bailed out, which largely benefited white males. It's the "privatize profits, socialize losses" mentality that annoys me. Not saying they're the same thing, it's the mentality.

As far as the entertainment industry is concerned, are you asking so you can make sure you take me someplace fun on our first date?

• Like 1

Everyone loves the free markets when it benefits them, but when it keeps someone who they feel they "own" then it's bad. The Steelers should rescind the franchise tag offer and let him see what he can get on the free market.

I just don't like the hypocrisy. Same thing when the banks got bailed out, which largely benefited white males. It's the "privatize profits, socialize losses" mentality that annoys me. Not saying they're the same thing, it's the mentality.

As far as the entertainment industry is concerned, are you asking so you can make sure you take me someplace fun on our first date?

Noone owns Bell. He is an employee of the NFL who works in one area of the league. If he doesn't like the rules, he can quit and go work for someone else or start a company, or retire.

And yes. That's why I asked. Was that too obvious?

Excellent post. Also I fail to see you say anything about not liking white people in it.

Excellent post. Also I fail to see you say anything about not liking white people in it.

If I said a bunch of 'young black guys' using it in a negative connotation I would be crushed on this site and labeled a racist. Get over it. And that was a terrible post. These guys don't have to work for the NFL if they think the league is so evil.

What are your thoughts on the chances that bell gets traded? Seems like hes lost the locker room and theres no way hes there next year.

What are your thoughts on the chances that bell gets traded? Seems like hes lost the locker room and theres no way hes there next year.

If I'm not mistaken he can't negotiate a contract with anyone because it's past the deadline. Therefore any team trading for him with be trading for a year rental unless both sides agreed on a deal on the low but that's very risky for Bell. I do t think he gets traded.

• Like 1

Bunch of old white dudes making money off of your performance? Go work for yourself then. I see people in my career do it everyday.

Ok so you don't like successful white people. That's fine. And businesses that have rules that apply while you are at work. So you don't like old people, white people, and businesses that have rules of behavior. Good start there champ.

And on top of that, you think these players are doing their job with the knowledge that they will turn 50 and not remember who their wife and kids are. So you think they are giving up their very minds for 20 years of happiness with money in their pockets. And screw the wife and kids later in life. Sounds pretty selfish to me. You made my point for me.

If I'm not mistaken he can't negotiate a contract with anyone because it's past the deadline. Therefore any team trading for him with be trading for a year rental unless both sides agreed on a deal on the low but that's very risky for Bell. I do t think he gets traded.

I was under impression he could be traded with a new team reworking a new deal. If so Connors value would be through the roof.

I was under impression he could be traded with a new team reworking a new deal. If so Connors value would be through the roof.

He could be traded if Pitt wants to and he negotiates a deal with a new team. I'm not so high on Connors but maybe Pitt will find out if he is good. Maybe Bell reports Saturday and they don't find out.

Incorrect. You need to go reread your history. Van Gogh sold nearly nothing in his lifetime and life is better for us that he did what he did anyway.

Bell is understanding now that he is asking too much, else he would be playing football. That which he is very good at doing and could become very rich from if he plays this one year. But no, if he holds out until week 10 or whatever it is, then comes back and gets hurt, he then would have killed his hopes of a bunch of money, and lost a bunch of money by holding out. And, all his teammates will hate him. Great way to end a career.

Archimedes was killed by a roman soldier while he was thinking about a mathematical diagram out in the sand. Poor LeVeon Bell doesn't get his $1 billion dollar contract. Boohoo.

And Bell is simply an entertainer, not a life changer like those I mentioned above.

Haha... wtf are you babbling about, my friend?

Have you been playing "fantasy painters"?

If so... beware of Van Gogh... roto says that injury to his ear could be serious👂

• Like 1

Haha... wtf are you babbling about, my friend?

Have you been playing "fantasy painters"?

If so... beware of Van Gogh... roto says that injury to his ear could be serious

What? Are you drunk again?

What? Are you drunk again?

Always🍻

Just a bizarre place to take the argument, very amusing. Keep up the good work👍

Always

Just a bizarre place to take the argument, very amusing. Keep up the good work

Gotcha dude. Just don't forget football is entertainment.

football is entertainment save you referenced math geniuses and painters not being producing if they weren't paid.

football is entertainment save you referenced math geniuses and painters not being producing if they weren't paid.

What? Drunk again?

My point to this topic was how the media all said he would report, do not worry, Bell will play. He is a solid #2 pick in your draft.

I felt it was a bunch of crap they were feeding us. I saw right through it....the media did not know anything.

All of those insiders are a bunch of robots that did not try to find out where Bell was or what his thoughts were.....they were just

re-reporting their own stories.

I drafted August 26th.....I drafted Conner in the 14th round. Even at the draft that day, I was saying before we started how bell may not even play and why would anybody draft with that kind of risk so early. He was the first pick! Lol!!

Bunch of old white dudes making money off of your performance? Go work for yourself then. I see people in my career do it everyday.

Ok so you don't like successful white people. That's fine. And businesses that have rules that apply while you are at work. So you don't like old people, white people, and businesses that have rules of behavior. Good start there champ.

And on top of that, you think these players are doing their job with the knowledge that they will turn 50 and not remember who their wife and kids are. So you think they are giving up their very minds for 20 years of happiness with money in their pockets. And screw the wife and kids later in life. Sounds pretty selfish to me. You made my point for me.

LOL. Two replies to the same post. Poor snowflake Foamy. Did I trigger you again? I'll try to put some trigger warnings on my posts for you.

That's because, unlike Foamy, you read what's actually there, rather than what you want to see :)

Guys like Foamy are a dime a dozen these days. "You disagreed with me!? You must hold a bunch of other views I also disagree with, and you must be a terrible person! My view is the only possible view that could make sense! Raaaaaargh!" Sometimes the MAGA red hat slips down over their eyes, they get so angry. They're very sensitive about everyone not agreeing with them, so they lash out with personal attacks because it's often all they know how to do. Eh.

LOL. Two replies to the same post. Poor snowflake Foamy. Did I trigger you again? I'll try to put some trigger warnings on my posts for you.

Poor dumb hater, completely stupid and fighting the world. Did I set you up for more failure or is that just your regular take on the world and your approach to life? I guess I trigger your hatred even more than you realize. :wave:

That's because, unlike Foamy, you read what's actually there, rather than what you want to see :)

Guys like Foamy are a dime a dozen these days. "You disagreed with me!? You must hold a bunch of other views I also disagree with, and you must be a terrible person! My view is the only possible view that could make sense! Raaaaaargh!" Sometimes the MAGA red hat slips down over their eyes, they get so angry. They're very sensitive about everyone not agreeing with them, so they lash out with personal attacks because it's often all they know how to do. Eh.

Guys like bro-child are a dime a dozen. "You disagree with me? You must be an old whitey, and you must be a terrible person who takes advantage of his workers and paying them pennies. My view is the only correct view that all people love. At least those who love the queen hillary.."

This guy is so sensitive about someone who disagrees with him that he attacks white people because some of us are successful and he is not..

It is all he knows how to do and all he has ever known how to do. ABIDE!!!

Two guys from opposite sides calling each other sensitive and snowflakes, classic American politics. Good luck meeting in the middle and seeing it from the others point of view.

Knock off this garbage.

Brotherbock & Seafoam, enough!

Each of you have your opinion, quit trying to justify them. You made your points and accept that not everyone will see it the way you do.

I want Bell to show up so this thread can be locked.

What do u think will happen Kent?

3:59 pm is my guess tomorrow

So 4pm is the established deadline then? Would be awesome if he gets stuck in traffic and shows up at 4:01 instead.

That’s a good guess. I don’t understand his end game. Who knows. I don’t see how he wins by not showing up.

That’s a good guess. I don’t understand his end game. Who knows. I don’t see how he wins by not showing up.

At this point, he either needs to show up now, or he needs to sit out the 7 games. If he sits out the 7 games, then I can see him telling teams, hey, I didn't log too many touches, I will be fresh enough and deserving of a big contract.

So 4pm is the established deadline then? Would be awesome if he gets stuck in traffic and shows up at 4:01 instead.

He's sleeping in the parking lot tonight.

Yeah, reports.

Have we learned anything?

These reports are mere guesses with no facts. None of them are actually doing any investigating to find out.

Off-camera, all these reporters are probably going “ I don’t know what he’s going to do but I can’t say that on TV! “

Yeah, reports.

Have we learned anything?

These reports are mere guesses with no facts. None of them are actually doing any investigating to find out.

Off-camera, all these reporters are probably going I dont know what hes going to do but I cant say that on TV!

Then why even speculate and read and write stuff about it on this website? It's the reporters full time job to talk to people who are close to the situation. And some of those guys in the sports news service are saying that he is expected to report tomorrow.

Why do you write down or read anything here at all?

Guy #1 says player X will be great

Guy #2 says player X will suck.

And now your opinion here is "nobody knows anything". Why do you take the time to join in?