Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

Beast Mode

Lynch is a guy that I targeted this season, due to his low price, new old-school coach, and strong late-season last year. Better days are ahead, I believe. He was running with authority tonight.

However, I am VERY disappointed with his usage. I fully expected them to feed the beast, but he only got a handful of carries...even when the game was still close. I can only hope that his usage was limited because of the injury he had this week......but if not, I am not impressed.

Still a hold or buy low for me.....but, again, very disappointed with game one.

well, he is getting old. I think hes 31 or 32 years old now.

hes also not the best pass catching RB and they were behind. I wouldnt have played him much in the second half either.

I figure given his age, there is the chance he loses the starting job by end of year.

I figure given his age, there is the chance he loses the starting job by end of year.

Not a chance.....unless one of his legs fall off.

When he played every snap of the first series I was thinking I made a mistake not drafting him. Then the same stuff that happened last year happened.

• Like 1

He looked good. He will certainly outperform his draft value.... with that said.. I might (MIGHT) look to sell high if the opportunity arises.

Not a chance.....unless one of his legs fall off.

anytime a RB is over the age of 30 the prospect exists that you can lose your job. RB's dont age well, and it happens to all of them.

very few make it past the age of 30. Lynch is 32 now. And he has hard miles on the odometer. Largely because he does not run around people, he runs through (or over) people to get his yards.

There is also a substantially higher risk of injury for older RB's too.

I love the guy, but If you have him on your roster, its prudent to own the primary backup just in case.

Surprisingly when you look at Lynches ff points last season he was better later on into the season.

So I would think he will get a few games he might not even get 12 touches.

So he’s going to be a tough one to start even in a flex.

Found it interesting that they turn to J Richard and not Martin last night.

He was limited in that game and once they fell behind (my only concern going forward) is that they didnt use him enough.

Its along season, hes getting old and they dont wanna burn him out but he was my sleeper RB this year. You know Gruden wants to pound the ball all day and will at the goalline all year and work off play-action. His workload will only go up.

I think he looked great for his age.

Surprisingly when you look at Lynches ff points last season he was better later on into the season.

So I would think he will get a few games he might not even get 12 touches.

So he’s going to be a tough one to start even in a flex.

Found it interesting that they turn to J Richard and not Martin last night.

Me too. and Richard looked pretty good too.

Gruden said today that Lynch had "a bout of sickness" following that first drive, which is why he wasn't used much thereafter. Sounds a bit vague, but hope it's legit.

He was excellent down the stretch last season. Probably a top 10 RB from week 9 onward. We'll see if it takes the Raiders a month and a half again to remember who their best player is.

He was excellent down the stretch last season. Probably a top 10 RB from week 9 onward. We'll see if it takes the Raiders a month and a half again to remember who their best player is.

It might, at his age and mileage I think when they can he will take a seat.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

also remember, everybody looks good in week 1. when he played, Lynch also looked good.

but once you get into the regular season grind, its hard on the older players whose bodies cannot take the daily wear and tear.

I love the way Lynch plays and I hope I am wrong, but I dont think I am. Lynch wont be starting by end of year.

It will either be Doug Martin or Richard. it is also possible those two will split the duties.

Just my opinion.

I hear the concern about his age for a running back and I get it. I used to stay away from RBs who were even 29-30. But Lynch hasn't shown anything on the field to suggest that he's a broken down player on his last leg. He looks like the same player he's always been. His YPC last year was right on his career average- for a lousy team, no less. This isn't Demarco Murray from last year.

Also, the fact that Lynch took basically a year and a half off prior to last season means he's probably fresher than a normal 32-year-old back who's been grinding it out non-stop without a break.

Until he shows on the field that he's lost something, I'm just not that interested in the age factor. It's a different world now with sports medicine and training techniques. Guys play at high level deep into their 30s now.

I hear the concern about his age for a running back and I get it. I used to stay away from RBs who were even 29-30. But Lynch hasn't shown anything on the field to suggest that he's a broken down player on his last leg. He looks like the same player he's always been. His YPC last year was right on his career average- for a lousy team, no less. This isn't Demarco Murray from last year.

Also, the fact that Lynch took basically a year and a half off prior to last season means he's probably fresher than a normal 32-year-old back who's been grinding it out non-stop without a break.

Until he shows on the field that he's lost something, I'm just not that interested in the age factor. It's a different world now with sports medicine and training techniques. Guys play at high level deep into their 30s now.

Don’t disagree with wha though just said.

But I think the head coach might.

I think that’s the way they see it, keep him fresh during the season when they can do so.

Look at the amount of work J Richard received in that game, I think that will be the way it goes for Lynch owners.

Plus Martin will be used a lot in the coming game, atleast I think so.

Look at the amount of work J Richard received in that game, I think that will be the way it goes for Lynch owners.

Maybe. But Gruden today said that Lynch became ill after the Raiders first drive. Did that limit his usage thereafter? Guess we'll find out moving forward.

Lol you and I both know, coach talk can be cheap.

I think it was for rest.

I really do.

Lynch looked good... The only thing that concerns me is the game scripts going forward. If the Raiders aren't getting blown out Lynch will be fine.

Lynch looked good... The only thing that concerns me is the game scripts going forward. If the Raiders aren't getting blown out Lynch will be fine.

Not to sure about that myself.

I think Martin and Richard will get their fair share.

the offense was awful in the 2nd half without lynch. i think they would prefer to play him more. i'm buying the illness excuse for now.

the offense was awful in the 2nd half without lynch...

It was but I think the biggest cause of that was the pressure the Rams were bringing. Carr looked completely unsettled and nervous from the huddle to the line. He was so hurried that he barely looked outside at his WRs and when he did it was to toss a dying quail. Gruden has got to get Carr's head right and start incorporating Cooper and Nelson with some quick slants or something. THEN there will be more room inside for Beast mode to take effect.