Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I can agree with the latter.  I myself and basically anyone said Pollard was really good.  Not sure whay happened there.  

I doubt keeping zeke moves any needle tho.  That role could be filled by 10s of cheap backs.   Hell Bills just released Leo Fournette.  Ty Johnson and Lat Murray were good enough to backup Cook.  

Morally of the story is, backs grow on trees.  Especially ones you just need fot a part time role.  

Zeke stinks.  

I’m not a Dallas fan. I’m looking at it objectively. Zeke knew the system, has a relationship with Dak, would have been in a significantly better offense in a complementary role and can still do  good work in the pass game. 

correct, backs are just not valuable anymore but Dallas was one dimensional far too often. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m not a Dallas fan. I’m looking at it objectively. Zeke knew the system, has a relationship with Dak, would have been in a significantly better offense in a complementary role and can still do  good work in the pass game. 

correct, backs are just not valuable anymore but Dallas was one dimensional far too often. 

So zeke running for 3.5 lets say with less of a cast and pollard running for 4.0 would have made them less 1 dimensional?

I understand zeke can pass block.   You don't think a guy like Fournette who no one wanted who is younger isn't thr same guy or better?  

Point is, zeke was replaceable.  Very much so.  Keeping zeke meant nothing.  Maybe they didn't do enough to cover what he brought but its easily replaceable.   

Zeke ran for 642.  His long run was 17.

Stevenson in same offense avg 4.0.  His long was 64.   On similar overalll yards.  

Zeke stinks

Backs are a dime a dozen.  Backs that can plow for 3 yards are definitely  a dime a dozen.  

Maybe zeke pass blocking hurt.  Idk Dak was in MVP race a bit.  Threw for thr most TDs.   I suppose they could have done better.  

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So zeke running for 3.5 lets say with less of a cast and pollard running for 4.0 would have made them less 1 dimensional?

I understand zeke can pass block.   You don't think a guy like Fournette who no one wanted who is younger isn't thr same guy or better?  

Point is, zeke was replaceable.  Very much so.  Keeping zeke meant nothing.  Maybe they didn't do enough to cover what he brought but its easily replaceable.   

Zeke ran for 642.  His long run was 17.

Stevenson in same offense avg 4.0.  His long was 64.   On similar overalll yards.  

Zeke stinks

No because I didn’t say you keep zeke and get rid of pollard lol. I didn’t say the issue was zeke wasn’t there to be their lead back lol. 

There is no comparison between zeke and Stevenson . 

Dallas is a better offense than New England. Better QB, better line, better receivers to open up the box. Better young tight end. I think letting zeke go and not having a role for him was a mistake. Pollard as a workhorse was not good and often made them one dimensional. Perhaps zeke as a 1B and in situational usage could have helped. Again he knows the system so I’m not just throwing out a random older back. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

No because I didn’t say you keep zeke and get rid of pollard lol. I didn’t say the issue was zeke wasn’t there to be their lead back lol. 

There is no comparison between zeke and Stevenson . 

Dallas is a better offense than New England. Better QB, better line, better receivers to open up the box. Better young tight end. I think letting zeke go and not having a role for him was a mistake. Pollard as a workhorse was not good and often made them one dimensional. Perhaps zeke as a 1B and in situational usage could have helped. Again he knows the system so I’m not just throwing out a random older back. 

Idc if Pollard wasn't great this year.  In no world do I want zeke to get more careies than Pollard anyway.  Maybe Pollard stinks and I was wrong.  Then they both stink.  Its a net nothing.  

Again I am not saying you are saying zeke in pollard out.  But anyone could fill zekes roll of 1b.  Not anyone but a lot of guys.  Maybe they didn't do a good enough job of addressing it.   

Idk they avg thr most pts in the league.  Maybe zeke makes them unstoppable!  

For the record i gave you no emoji.  I dont use emojis very often.  Id rather respond.  

It’s all good. Maybe you’re too hung up on me saying zeke. I could have said TD Lenny, or someone else but Zeke is the obvious player to point to because it would have been seamless.  

Dallas had a lot of cupcake opponents this year. I dont even want to take away from their offensive achievements or points scored but being one dimensional can still work until you get exposed. Scoring points doesn’t mean balanced.  They played on a lot of games where the run game didn’t really matter and Dak threw for 3+ scores and/or 300 yards 7 times. He had his best season by far. 

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy is returning to Dallas for the 2024 season.

McCarthy has been the coach of the Cowboys for the past four seasons, leading them to three straight playoff appearances. Dallas has one playoff win over his tenure, leading to questions of McCarthy being on the hot seat after a disappointing loss to the Packers in the Wild Card round. However, Schefter reports that McCarthy will be back to coach the Cowboys in 2024, which is also the last season of his contract. Jerry Jones seems to be running it back with key coaches and players, at least for another season before McCarthy’s contract is up for renewal.

5h ago

Source: Adam Schefter

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

It’s all good. Maybe you’re too hung up on me saying zeke. I could have said TD Lenny, or someone else but Zeke is the obvious player to point to because it would have been seamless.  

Dallas had a lot of cupcake opponents this year. I dont even want to take away from their offensive achievements or points scored but being one dimensional can still work until you get exposed. Scoring points doesn’t mean balanced.  They played on a lot of games where the run game didn’t really matter and Dak threw for 3+ scores and/or 300 yards 7 times. He had his best season by far. 

I think you are too stuck up on "knowing the system".  Its a running back.  

Maybe Pollard is just not as good as everyone thought.  It doesn't have to be rocket science.  Oh well you see if zeke comes in on 3rs and runs for 2 yds here then pollard will run faster here.  

Whyd Etienne avg 5.1 last year and 3.8 this year?  Somstimes things just happen differently year to year.  

Point is the clamoring for Zeke that maybe not you but others have said is hilarious because hes not good.  

49 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Maybe Pollard is just not as good as everyone thought.  It doesn't have to be rocket science.  Oh well you see if zeke comes in on 3rs and runs for 2 yds here then pollard will run faster here.  

Whyd Etienne avg 5.1 last year and 3.8 this year?  Somstimes things just happen differently year to year.  

Point is the clamoring for Zeke that maybe not you but others have said is hilarious because hes not good.  

I am not clamoring for Zeke, I am clamoring against Pollard

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

I know you didn’t ask me, but I think Dallas missed someone to fill the Zeke role more than they missed Zeke himself. A short yardage move the pile guy who could handle 10 plus carries a game and help bleed clocks. Pollard is a fantastic change of pace guy but he was much less efficient with more carries.

Im surprised they didn’t give Rico Dowdle a bigger role.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

I know you didn’t ask me, but I think Dallas missed someone to fill the Zeke role more than they missed Zeke himself. A short yardage move the pile guy who could handle 10 plus carries a game and help bleed clocks. Pollard is a fantastic change of pace guy but he was much less efficient with more carries.

Im surprised they didn’t give Rico Dowdle a bigger role.

:first:

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yet I literally just said I could have named some other guys. 

Where did Zeke touch you? 😂 

So they went out and grabbed Mike Zimmer off the couch?  

Lol

Wow the Cowboys do so many stupid things.  Hilarious. 

Who’s more senile, Biden or Jerruh?

Its almost like their jobs aren't very attractive.

They went with nearly 70 year old Mike Zimmer on purpose?  Off a hiatus?

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its almost like their jobs are very attractive.

They went with nearly 70 year old Mike Zimmer on purpose?  Off a hiatus?

They interviewed Rex Ryan too.  

terrible - sick of the bad management decisions with this team