Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

We should go get Ereck Flowers.  He can play guard and tackle.  Then spend another top two pick in the draft on OL.  

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Losing Conner Williams didnt bother me too much, but, losing La'el Collins is the suck. Had high hope's for the kid. Saves another 10 million in cap space.  

Talk about addition by subtraction. The kid went from a promising star - to a lazy AF check casher once he got his deal. 

Steele flat out outplayed him and took his job - and a much cheaper rate..... Won't miss him a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Talk about addition by subtraction. The kid went from a promising star - to a lazy AF check casher once he got his deal. 

Steele flat out outplayed him and took his job - and a much cheaper rate..... Won't miss him a bit. 

that's my take as well

Let's do this thing!!! :headbanger:

Giants / Dallas on Turkey day. Think I’ll host this year! 🇺🇦

That sucks. Good hard nosed player. RIP. 

• Like 1

what are the Dallas homers take on Zeke from a fantasy standpoint this year? He's going in the 3rd round in a lot of drafts. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

what are the Dallas homers take on Zeke from a fantasy standpoint this year? He's going in the 3rd round in a lot of drafts. 

same as the last 2 or 3 years, don't get excited

Even as a homer If I were still playing FFB I wouldn't make him my #1 back

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Too high, not even the best back on his own team. 

ESPN's Todd Archer reports Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy was fined $100,000 "for holding practices that were deemed too physical by the NFL."

McCarthy was also fined by the league in 2021 for violations of OTA policies. The Cowboys will be docked one OTA session in 2023 as part of the punishment. The NFL also fined Washington head coach Ron Rivera and Texans head coach Lovie Smith for conducting drills that violate the NFL's OTA policies. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com 
Jun 17, 2022, 11:35 AM ET 

wow, the NFL is a massive joke. No wonder the product is becoming unwatchable.
  • Sad 1

I find it hilarious that as the off-season workouts/practices get lighter, the injuries during the season increases... then the players claim it's the owners that aren't concerned about player safety.  🤣

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

ESPN's Todd Archer reports Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy was fined $100,000 "for holding practices that were deemed too physical by the NFL."

McCarthy was also fined by the league in 2021 for violations of OTA policies. The Cowboys will be docked one OTA session in 2023 as part of the punishment. The NFL also fined Washington head coach Ron Rivera and Texans head coach Lovie Smith for conducting drills that violate the NFL's OTA policies. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com 
Jun 17, 2022, 11:35 AM ET 

wow, the NFL is a massive joke. No wonder the product is becoming unwatchable.

Wow.....the NFL / Goodell are pansy woke a$$ed little b!tches

• Thanks 1

I have a mechanical system that will spot lombardi winners.  It does it with 100% accuracy but has 2 caveats.

1.  not every year will produce a 100% lock.  some years, there just isnt a team like that.
2.  the official official call is made at the end of the regular season.

that said, my system has the 2022 Dallas Cowboys as the first super elite, super bowl team in a while (up to this point).  they have a true super elite smothering defense, and they have a franchise QB in Dak Prescott.  If they can finish the season at this level, my system will call them a lock (unless another such team emerges, but currently there are none.)

that said, the Patriots are a real threat to also cross into super elite territory, particularly if Zappe is their QB and continues to perform at a high level.  Their defense is getting scary.

its still early and these team can fall back to the pack.  but right now they are candidates.  

and for nobody, no this is not a prediction.  we're watching the horse race.  the prediction may come at the end of the regular season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

for nobody, no this is not a prediction.  we're watching the horse race.  the prediction may come at the end of the regular season.

That's all you have to do.  Nice clarity.  Although the only thing I'd trust less than your opinion on geopolitics is your opinion on the NFL.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

That's all you have to do.  Nice clarity.  Although the only thing I'd trust less than your opinion on geopolitics is your opinion on the NFL.

well, for normal people, theyd ask for clarity.  you just jump to a nasty lie.   you we just mock the fock out of you and deploy a "nobody clause".

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I have a mechanical system that will spot lombardi winners.  It does it with 100% accuracy but has 2 caveats.

1.  not every year will produce a 100% lock.  some years, there just isnt a team like that.

that said, my system has the 2022 Dallas Cowboys as the first super elite, super bowl team in a while (up to this point).  they have a true super elite smothering defense, and they have a franchise QB in Dak Prescott.  If they can finish the season at this level, my system will call them a lock (unless another such team emerges, but currently there are none.)

that said, the Patriots are a real threat to also cross into super elite territory, particularly if Zappe is their QB and continues to perform at a high level.  Their defense is getting scary.

its still early and these team can fall back to the pack.  but right now they are candidates.  

and for nobody, no this is not a prediction.  we're watching the horse race.  the prediction may come at the end of the regular season.

You said this 8 days ago in the Patriots thread. 

my mechanical system that the patriots are trash.  the cowboys are the only ones playing at a level of an elite super bowl team.

What changed?

Could this be the year that the Cowboys Superbowl jumps off of the VHS tape and into the digital era? They haven't won anything noteworthy since the players had those obnoxiously huge shoulder pads.

4 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Could this be the year that the Cowboys Superbowl jumps off of the VHS tape and into the digital era? They haven't won anything noteworthy since the players had those obnoxiously huge shoulder pads.

I liked those pads. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/6/16/910955/ap-interview-chiefs-rb-christian

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

info :)its still early and these team can fall back to the pack.  but right now they are candidates.  

thanks for the info and pulling up this thread :)

Cowboys D didn’t look so elite when the Eagles executed a 13-play 7+ minute TD drive with 10 rushes to put the game on ice on SNF.

:bandana: 

No matter how good they are If the Eagles & Giants keep winning my Cowboys won't make the playoffs :(

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

No matter how good they are If the Eagles & Giants keep winning my Cowboys won't make the playoffs :(

Cowboys are among the best teams in the NFC. 

I can’t wait for the Giants to play Dallas or Philly. Going to be a war.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I can’t wait for the Giants to play Dallas or Philly. Going to be a Civil war.

Seems fitting here.

On 10/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, MDC said:

I can’t wait for the Giants to play Dallas or Philly. Going to be a war.

Giants already lost to Cooper Rush bud.  

13 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Giants already lost to Cooper Rush bud.  

It’s settled then. Eagles are the best team in the NFCE. :pointstosky:

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s settled then. Eagles are the best team in the NFCE. :pointstosky:

Eagles beat Cooper Rush bud. 

On 10/24/2022 at 4:07 PM, bostonlager said:

You said this 8 days ago in the Patriots thread. 

What changed?

nothing changed.  they are a threat to cross but until they do they are trash.

The T-deadline has come and gone, and not a peep from Jerry and co. 

For a team getting its QB back, a team with one of the best D's in the league, a team building steam and sitting pretty in the NFC - to stand pat and do nothing is as mind blowing as it is frustrating...... Stephen will never admit it, but dealing Amari was an epic blunder. This team desperately needed to go out and get a big time WR - but doing so would splash egg all over Stephen's face. 

OBJ is still out there - go get him Jerry. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

OBJ is still out there - go get him Jerry. 

It's amazing to me that as great as everyone tells me OBJ is, no one has signed him yet.

Just now, nobody said:

It's amazing to me that as great as everyone tells me OBJ is, no one has signed him yet.

I'm sure the combo of him being a headcase and 2 acl surgeries has teams timid.........but we have cap space, make him an incentive-based deal, there's ways to get it done responsibly. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-james-washington-dallas-trade-deadline-injury-return-rumor

On March 18, former Steelers wideout James Washington, who has local ties, signed a one-year contract with Dallas. Washington was injured in training camp and placed on injured reserve on Aug. 31.

Washington is now close to a return, and it might be just in time for the Cowboys.

Also, they tried to trade for Brandin Cooks. 

A source tells CowboysSI.com that "we were close'' to a deal as the Cowboys and Texans were in active discussion centered around Cooks right up to the deadline approaching. However, Cooks' $18 million guaranteed 2023 year on the veteran receiver's 2023 contract created an obstacle that prevented a potential deal from happening.

It was "complicated,'' a source said.

• Like 1

James Washington is nice, but let's not get carried away. The kid isn't A.J. Brown and barely a #2 on some teams. 

The Texans are focking stupid. A team rebuilding and going nowhere, saddles themselves with a huge contract next year in Cooks, all the while passing on a chance to bank draft picks.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

James Washington is nice, but let's not get carried away. The kid isn't A.J. Brown and barely a #2 on some teams. 

The Texans are focking stupid. A team rebuilding and going nowhere, saddles themselves with a huge contract next year in Cooks, all the while passing on a chance to bank draft picks.

I got the impression Dallas couldn't work the cap enough to bring cooks in.