Fireballer

So...what about these kids in DC harassing the indigenous folks?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They slanderd the kid. They got sued and paid up. Thems the facts. They were exposed. Anything else is spin. The concern should be why they would do that? 

We already covered that and I had already said that the press needs to change because getting the story right is far down the list of importance.  

I just said that sderk's comment was false.  It is funny that you guys follow Trump by saying out one side of your mouth that the press just spouts fake news and then you lie off your ass out the other side.  :lol:

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We already covered that and I had already said that the press needs to change because getting the story right is far down the list of importance.  

I just said that sderk's comment was false.  It is funny that you guys follow Trump by saying out one side of your mouth that the press just spouts fake news and then you lie off your ass out the other side.  :lol:

Who lied? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who lied? 

sderk said it cost them 10's of millions of dollars.  I asked where that came from and then you came in to rescue your little pet.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

sderk said it cost them 10's of millions of dollars.  I asked where that came from and then you came in to rescue your little pet.  :lol:

Ha. So where did I lie? 

12 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Well it DOES say they settled a $200+ million dollar lawsuit so I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say sderk is probably right about the tens of millions. 

also, we KNOW if this was the other way around the story would be blasted on multiple outlets and by cnn. Just like the original story where they plastered the kids face all over the news for days and called him racist 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ha. So where did I lie? 

I wasn't talking about you.  You replied into my back-and-forth with sderk.  Move on.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I wasn't talking about you.  You replied into my back-and-forth with sderk.  Move on.

You replied directly to me with "you guys lie" 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Well it DOES say they settled a $200+ million dollar lawsuit so I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say sderk is probably right about the tens of millions. 

also, we KNOW if this was the other way around the story would be blasted on multiple outlets and by cnn. Just like the original story where they plastered the kids face all over the news for days and called him racist 

So, now you are a lawyer?  :lol:

You can throw any number out there in a lawsuit that you want.  Doesn't mean that you get 5% or whatever it works out to be.  Kid would have to prove damages and it isn't in the 10's of millions. 

You have gone out on a limb before and it didn't work out so well.  

More concerned with how much instead of why. Typical liberal deflection to save face.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

More concerned with how much instead of why. Typical liberal deflection to save face.  

Typical repubtard cuck response.  🙄

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, now you are a lawyer?  :lol:

You can throw any number out there in a lawsuit that you want.  Doesn't mean that you get 5% or whatever it works out to be.  Kid would have to prove damages and it isn't in the 10's of millions. 

You have gone out on a limb before and it didn't work out so well.  

I don’t know why you’re so pissed off and defending cnn. All I did was point out to you that sderk is more likely right than wrong and you’re throwing a temper tantrum. Calm your b1tch ass down and just take the L literally multiple people are throwing at you. I have no dog in this fight but damn dude 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Typical repubtard cuck response.  🙄

Ok, why did they do it? 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

I don’t know why you’re so pissed off and defending cnn. All I did was point out to you that sderk is more likely right than wrong and you’re throwing a temper tantrum. Calm your b1tch ass down and just take the L literally multiple people are throwing at you. I have no dog in this fight but damn dude 

First of all, I said way back when this came out that CNN was wrong and never said anything about the kid.  Go back and look it up. 

Secondly, I asked where the "10's of millions of dollars" came in because it makes NO SENSE.  They did not have that much at risk.  They settled for probably a little more than their legal fees would be. If their risk was in the 10's of millions of dollars range, then they would have fought it all the way to the Supreme Court.  That is how business works.  

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that the media has changed to the point that they no longer need/want to be unbiased. Before, they had to be that way in order to keep their subscribers. Now, they only have to deal with advertisers, and most of the time, those advertisers only care about how many viewers they have, not how they get them. So, now the "news" is more about entertaining or getting people to pay attention.

Fact checking before running with a story is pretty much dead due to fear of someone else getting the story first.

For HT.  This is why they ran with the story originally.  

If you are asking why they settled, I think that I answered that as well.  

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

For HT.  This is why they ran with the story originally.  

If you are asking why they settled, I think that I answered that as well.  

That couid be part of it. Perhaps there is also another part of it? Evidence and pattern of behavior would seem to dictate there is. Claiming it's for the ratings is pure cover for the other reason they would do this, which is obvious political bias in favor of the left wing narrative. 

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

First of all, I said way back when this came out that CNN was wrong and never said anything about the kid.  Go back and look it up. 

Secondly, I asked where the "10's of millions of dollars" came in because it makes NO SENSE.  They did not have that much at risk.  They settled for probably a little more than their legal fees would be. If their risk was in the 10's of millions of dollars range, then they would have fought it all the way to the Supreme Court.  That is how business works.  

Ok buddy. Seems to me like it’s not a stretch for them to have lost tens of millions of dollars from this lawsuit but I guess we think differently. 

12 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Actually they may have had a lot to risk.  If they let this thing go to trial, discovery happens.  What happens if the lawyers for the kid get a bunch of e-mails from executives that say "I don't care if we have facts.  These little racist fockers are going down.  Print it!!!!"  CNN tried to squash the lawsuit and got it dismissed.  Then the judge reconsidered and allowed part of the lawsuit to continue in October:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/28/cov-cath-judge-rules-lawsuit-against-washington-post-can-continue/2489395001/

The judge's order that discovery can continue means Sandmann's legal team can make requests for internal Washington Post documents concerning the events like emails and communications between editors and reporters.

CNN is clearly concerned with what would come out from discovery, regardless whether they believe they could win the lawsuit.  I don't think Sandmann or his lawyers would settle for a cup of coffee.  Why should they?  I don't know if it's 10's of millions but I could see it being 7 figures for sure. 

• Like 1

What does this do with his lawsuits against NBC, Washington Post, MSNBC and others? CNN settles, and I wonder if the others follow. Could be a big payout. Maybe even 10s of millions... 😆 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Actually they may have had a lot to risk.  If they let this thing go to trial, discovery happens.  What happens if the lawyers for the kid get a bunch of e-mails from executives that say "I don't care if we have facts.  These little racist fockers are going down.  Print it!!!!"  CNN tried to squash the lawsuit and got it dismissed.  Then the judge reconsidered and allowed part of the lawsuit to continue in October:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/28/cov-cath-judge-rules-lawsuit-against-washington-post-can-continue/2489395001/

CNN is clearly concerned with what would come out from discovery, regardless whether they believe they could win the lawsuit.  I don't think Sandmann or his lawyers would settle for a cup of coffee.  Why should they?  I don't know if it's 10's of millions but I could see it being 7 figures for sure. 

This is the common sense answer. Which is why I said it’s quite possible for them to pay out tens of millions to the kid 

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

What does this do with his lawsuits against NBC, Washington Post, MSNBC and others? CNN settles, and I wonder if the others follow. Could be a big payout. Maybe even 10s of millions... 😆 

It certainly sets a precedent.  It's unlikely those guys will get this suit thrown out since he was able to get past that hurdle with CNN.  And since the settlement in this case is sealed those entities don't have any idea how much he got this time. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

It certainly sets a precedent.  It's unlikely those guys will get this suit thrown out since he was able to get past that hurdle with CNN.  And since the settlement in this case is sealed those entities don't have any idea how much he got this time. 

Ha. Maybe the kid and his lawyer required the NDA to play the other defendants. 

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

Exactly.  It would be a good move actually.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Wrong... if it was you smirking in that mans face without a hat I would beat your ass as well.

"Man". Where? I saw one teenager and some grown up baby. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That couid be part of it. Perhaps there is also another part of it? Evidence and pattern of behavior would seem to dictate there is. Claiming it's for the ratings is pure cover for the other reason they would do this, which is obvious political bias in favor of the left wing narrative. 

That was also inferred.  ALL MEDIA has a bias that supports some narrative and, just like TV shows cater to certain demographics, I think that "news" outlets do the same.  It used to be that you had essentially print journalism and a few networks that were covering the news.  They had either daily or weekly (print) stories to deal with. so they had time to verify information.  There weren't many of them, so integrity was actually important.  If you were found to have lied, you were gone (like Brian Williams).  

Fast forward to now.  There is online "news", social media and hundreds of cable news stations all looking for content 24x7.  Getting it right is not important anymore.  Having stories that pander to your audience is what matters (I really hate the word "narrative" BTW).  "Breaking news" matters more than checking to see if it is right.  We really don't care if it ends up being true because people will just believe what they want to believe (which is what they are told to believe in many cases).  

To say that this happens only with the left wing is short-sighted IMO.  It happens on both sides.  

13 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

A mutual NDA is absolutely the standard in a settlement.  Both sides get to play things any way they want.  

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That was also inferred.  ALL MEDIA has a bias that supports some narrative and, just like TV shows cater to certain demographics, I think that "news" outlets do the same.  It used to be that you had essentially print journalism and a few networks that were covering the news.  They had either daily or weekly (print) stories to deal with. so they had time to verify information.  There weren't many of them, so integrity was actually important.  If you were found to have lied, you were gone (like Brian Williams).  

Fast forward to now.  There is online "news", social media and hundreds of cable news stations all looking for content 24x7.  Getting it right is not important anymore.  Having stories that pander to your audience is what matters (I really hate the word "narrative" BTW).  "Breaking news" matters more than checking to see if it is right.  We really don't care if it ends up being true because people will just believe what they want to believe (which is what they are told to believe in many cases).  

To say that this happens only with the left wing is short-sighted IMO.  It happens on both sides.  

Except in this case, they set out to destroy an innocent kid, facts be damned. They went as far as to say that old fool was a Vietnam vet. I can't recall Fox going to such lengths. Bias is one thing, this was a calculated attempt to hurt someone. They knew what happened , but did it anyway. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Except in this case, they set out to destroy an innocent kid, facts be damned. They went as far as to say that old fool was a Vietnam vet. I can't recall Fox going to such lengths. Bias is one thing, this was a calculated attempt to hurt someone. They knew what happened , but did it anyway. 

Right. And that is an important distinction.  Leftists want to harm, feel justified in harming others who will not submit to their ideology, this is not true of your typical righty

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They could be that calculated. 

They could also just be lazy and did a Google search on the dude.  That would have shown him being a Vietnam vet even though that turned out to be false.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They could be that calculated. 

They could also just be lazy and did a Google search on the dude.  That would have shown him being a Vietnam vet even though that turned out to be false.  :dunno:

They didn't publish just one article.  They went after this kid and his group for a week with a number of articles in writing plus stories on TV about them.  The facts were starting to come out pretty quickly that the media narrative was wrong and they just kept going.  This wasn't an innocent mistake.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

They didn't publish just one article.  They went after this kid and his group for a week with a number of articles in writing plus stories on TV about them.  The facts were starting to come out pretty quickly that the media narrative was wrong and they just kept going.  This wasn't an innocent mistake.

Again, whatever you say.  

How can anyone defend CNN ? 

They a despicable, deplorable left wing organization ...nothing even close to a news service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Again, whatever you say.  

You're doing a whole lot of commentating on issues today where you're clearly ignorant.  This is out of character for you. 

50 minutes ago, Strike said:

Agreed, and what I suspect they want to keep hidden was the decisions made on the inside, the strategies etc.....I suspect they would rather pay millions than have the truth utterly destroy them

On 1/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, wiffleball said:

What makes these people so ingenious?

They were throwing igneous rocks at others.  

2 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

https://t.co/wqawfFP4Zr?amp=1

Don Lemon and Fredo Cuomo have to wear MAGA hats as part of settlement.

(It's a joke FFS)

Of course, but lets see if CNN reports this picture as if Trump faked the picture and they are calling it out....like WE didnt know 😆

It was ingenious of Andre Iguodala to throw igneous rocks at the indigenous folks and their iguanas.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, drobeski said:

False flag

Nailed it. 

On 1/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

How a white male, especially ones with a son, can still stand with the Democratic Party is hard to understand. Not saying you have to be with Trump, but rejecting the new dogma of that party should be a no brainer. They hate you, but will use and tolerate cucks

Still true. 

• Thanks 1

Im ashamed of the title that I gave this thread. But, ill keep it as a reminder of not jumping to conclusions.