Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When you  Yankee bastards coming to Houston? 

Come on down you Yankee bastards.  The two best teams this year are going to settle it in a 7 game series. 

Hopefully it is a repeat of 2017!  :banana:

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Come on down you Yankee bastards.  The two best teams this year are going to settle it in a 7 game series. 

Only fitting to have them in the ALCS. 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Only fitting to have them in the ALCS. 

Love'em or hate'em it should be a helluva series. 

50 minutes ago, Bert said:

Houston is one of the most complete teams I have ever seen. The bullpen is the only possible weak spot. But the starters all go deep. Should be fun. If the Yanks can get the first one they have a good chance. Good luck, have fun! 

Seriously, it would be a huge upset if the Yankees won.  They did get a break with the pitching rotation. 

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Seriously, it would be a huge upset if the Yankees won.  They did get a break with the pitching rotation. 

Who's pitching rotation?  The Astros are fine...

They will go Greinke, Verlander and Cole for the first three games and they will all be on four days rest...

Game 4 they can go Miley and then back to Greinke, Verlander and Cole on normal rest...

22 minutes ago, posty said:

They will go Greinke, Verlander and Cole for the first three games and they will all be on four days rest...

Game 4 they can go Miley and then back to Greinke, Verlander and Cole on normal rest...

Fine? Sure. But not even close to optimal and the Yanks need all the help they can get, no matter how small.  

32 minutes ago, posty said:

So we'll put you down for Stros in 5? 

58 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I disagree with huge.  Upset ok but not huge.  The Yankees are a damn good team.

Yankees should win.  NLCS is a tossup.  Yankees my current pick for another ring.  Rays would have given the Yankees a lot of trouble but Astros cleared a path for the Yankees by knocking the Rays out.  Yankees will set up with the classic path to victory:  if you don't beat the Yankees in the first 5 innings, you aren't beating them at all.  That sort of pressure should win out in a 7 game LCS. 

4 hours ago, posty said:

Fine maybe, but they'd much rather have Verlander on the mound for game 1.  I see this as a slight break for the Yankees.  

14 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Fine maybe, but they'd much rather have Verlander on the mound for game 1.  I see this as a slight break for the Yankees.  

Greinke in his two starts (as a Diamondback) against the Yankees this year:  1-0, 2.13 ERA, 0.868 WHIP, 14:4 K:BB in 12.2 innings...

Verlander in his two starts:  1-0, 4.15 ERA, 1.154 WHIP, 15:4 K:BB in 13 innings...

Looks like Greinke had the better numbers against the Yankees this year...

15 minutes ago, posty said:

Greinke in his two starts (as a Diamondback) against the Yankees this year:  1-0, 2.13 ERA, 0.868 WHIP, 14:4 K:BB in 12.2 innings...

Verlander in his two starts:  1-0, 4.15 ERA, 1.154 WHIP, 15:4 K:BB in 13 innings...

Looks like Greinke had the better numbers against the Yankees this year...

Ok stat boy.  Greinke may even have had a better reg season, but Verlander is the Ace.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Ok stat boy.  Greinke may even have had a better reg season, but Verlander is the Ace.  

Actually I would go with Cole this year, but I know what you are getting at...

Either way, the Astros should be fine...

Just now, posty said:

Actually I would go with Cole this year, but I know what you are getting at...

Either way, the Astros should be fine...

Which of the 3 has 3 no hitters and 3000 strike outs?

8 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Which of the 3 has 3 no hitters and 3000 strike outs?

This year (like I said above), none of them...

Just now, posty said:

This year (like I said above), none of them...

Stop playing dumb. Verlander surpassed 3000 and threw a no hitter THIS year. 

17 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Stop playing dumb. Verlander surpassed 3000 and threw a no hitter THIS year. 

So that makes him the ace?  Cole led the league in strikeouts and has won 18 in a row...

As I said, I know what you are meaning, but Cole and Verlander are #1 and #1A respectively...  That is why the Cy Young vote should be really tight in the AL, though if I had a vote, I would give it to Cole, but I wouldn't be upset if Verlander won it either...

18 hours ago, posty said:

So that makes him the ace?  Cole led the league in strikeouts and has won 18 in a row...

As I said, I know what you are meaning, but Cole and Verlander are #1 and #1A respectively...  That is why the Cy Young vote should be really tight in the AL, though if I had a vote, I would give it to Cole, but I wouldn't be upset if Verlander won it either...

I'd go Cole as well, but agree with this post. 

I believe the Yankees are better then Houston.  I like the Yankees lineup and bullpen, and depth over Houston's. Houston has the better starting pitching and home field advantage. Slight edge to New York. Should be a fun series. 

Ok. Big win. Props to Tampa extending the Astros, they looked a bit out if it last night.  I wasn't so sure about starting Tanaka on the road, but it worked out and now he gets a home game. When he's on he's as good as anyone. I expect Houston to come out with their A game tonight. But if Stanton is going to break out and the Yanks can get Sanchez going look out. 

I'm too lazy to do the research but I've got Cardinal fans boasting that in 16 postseason appearances(not counting this one) they've won 3 championships since 1982.I'm thinking that's a lot of choking but again I'm not going to research every team.

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Gardner just looks like a Yankee doesn’t he?  

Yeah. If you mean an old guy getting paid way more then he should. Yep he's a yankee.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Yeah. If you mean an old guy getting paid way more then he should. Yep he's a yankee.

Not even close sour grapes. 

12 minutes ago, crackattack said:

That could be true of a lot of players in this team, for sure.  Gardner is not one of them, the guy has been huge this year when they were counting on him being just a 4th outfielder.

12 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

That could be true of a lot of players in this team, for sure.  Gardner is not one of them, the guy has been huge this year when they were counting on him being just a 4th outfielder.

I actually like Gardner. I just despise the Yankees and all they stand for. Yes it's sour grapes, just wanted to say it before HT does again. :lol: 

Yankees are a very good team. (About threw up saying that)

Just now, TimmySmith said:

2 games of Houston not hitting and 1-1.  And here comes Cole. 

It is more like 7 games of not hitting.  Nice to see Correa break out of his funk.

Ok, got the one game, but still. They had 4 innings against the Houston bullpen and barely scratched them. Lost opportunity. That Houston crowd is great. Best in baseball now. Ump gave a make up call on the Sanchez at bat when he called the foul tip that wasn't. I wonder if they showed it on the Jumbo. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok, got the one game, but still. They had 4 innings against the Houston bullpen and barely scratched them. Lost opportunity. That Houston crowd is great. Best in baseball now. Ump gave a make up call on the Sanchez at bat when he called the foul tip that wasn't. I wonder if they showed it on the Jumbo. 

Yeah, I thought the Yankees might do some damage late.  Verlander really only made the one big mistake with that high slider to Judge.  But he did give up 5 hits.  The bullpen only gave up 1. 

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yeah, I thought the Yankees might do some damage late.  Verlander really only made the one big mistake with that high slider to Judge.  But he did give up 5 hits.  The bullpen only gave up 1. 

I don't know why Boone started Maybin instead of Hicks. Houston has no lefties in that bullpen.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't know why Boone started Maybin instead of Hicks. Houston has no lefties in that bullpen.  

I'm wondering if a team with all right handed pitchers has ever won the WS in the modern era.  

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

2 games of Houston not hitting and 1-1.  And here comes Cole. 

Cole is an UFA after this year - he's only making $13.5m this year.

Talk about a sumbiatch about to get paid. Wow, has he made a ton of bank this postseason.

29 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Cole is an UFA after this year - he's only making $13.5m this year.

Talk about a sumbiatch about to get paid. Wow, has he made a ton of bank this postseason.

Both Cole and Strasburg are technically FAs (Stras can opt out of 4/$90M remaining, and it seems likely).  Yankees will get one, or both.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Both Cole and Strasburg are technically FAs (Stras can opt out of 4/$90M remaining, and it seems likely).  Yankees will get one, or both.

I don't know. They wouldn't go to 5 years for Corbin. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't know. They wouldn't go to 5 years for Corbin. 

And that will cost them a significantly better shot at winning a WS this year.  Yanks have not really been a buyer for a high quality SP in years. It's time.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

And that will cost them a significantly better shot at winning a WS this year.  Yanks have not really been a buyer for a high quality SP in years. It's time.

I agree.  I was shocked they didn't get Corbin. But they don't want to be over that cap again. So they say.