Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Put $200 on Auburn/TT money line parlay

That bullchit foul at the end of the Auburn game cost me 1440 :cry:

I did not watch, just woke up to seeing that :mad:

It was definitely a foul.  The missed call was the double dribble.  What a shame though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It was definitely a foul.  The missed call was the double dribble.  What a shame though.

Did not see that.  :cry:

I just re-watched it. Yeah that was a foul.

i had virginia/msu

just a $50 parlay because the site is refunding it as 1X bonus money. seemed like a no brainer since ill end up making 5+ single bets in a day 

I was in a bar down the block from Toomer’s Corner. Pretty exciting until the end. 

Missed double-dribble was bad, but I keep reading "controversial" foul call---nothing controversial about that call.   

I had parlayed Virginia and the under. Cha-ching.

Talk about pressure. Down by two. Only .6 seconds on the clock. Dude doesn't even fvck around. Puts in the first 2 FTs without blinking. Auburn takes a timeout. Dude comes back and just grabs the ball and shoots in the third. I think the rest of the game Virginia was 3 of 9 at the line. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

Why were you sleeping during the game? 

the 2nd game? it started at what 8? I was asleep by 9:30. My son and I had a good snuggle and fell asleep. 

I only win when I don't watch anyway.

I won the DNDL dynasty league 2 years ago, I only watched the Patriots all year. No stress and amazing results!

• Like 1

The contact did not affect the shot - you can't make that call at the end of a championship game.

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The contact did not affect the shot - you can't make that call at the end of a championship game.

Truth. 

Not to worry. I put 100 each on 2 guys at the masters.  I will say after the edex draft

47 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

39 minutes ago, edjr said:

Truth. 

Not to worry. I put 100 each on 2 guys at the masters.  I will say after the edex draft

Watch the close up again. He jumped into him and made contact with his legs before he even released the ball. The call was right on.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829972-video-watch-auburns-samir-doughtys-controversial-foul-on-virginias-kyle-guy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

If someone hits your lower body while you are in the air and have not yet released the shot, it affects your shot. This is the key reason that basketball rules outline it as a foul. And refs should not be looking at the clock to make decisions on whether to call a foul or not. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:41 AM, edjr said:

That bullchit foul at the end of the Auburn game cost me 1440 :cry:

I did not watch, just woke up to seeing that :mad:

Bracket went from winning 900 to only a chance to win 450 (as long as MSU didn't win it all).  Luckily, TT came through and I still win 450 but man, to come from 10 down with 5 to play only to have that happen really sucked.

39 minutes ago, sderk said:

If someone hits your lower body while you are in the air and have not yet released the shot, it affects your shot. This is the key reason that basketball rules outline it as a foul. And refs should not be looking at the clock to make decisions on whether to call a foul or not. 

After the obvious blown double dribble, you can't call that foul

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

You mean the missed travelling on Auburn?  The missed DD doesnt happen if refs correctly call travelling on Auburn. 

And Marty isnt born if his parents dont kiss at the Enchantment under the Sea dance.

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

I guess I disagree. I don't want refs from any sport picking and choosing fouls. If they miss a call, it happens. But it can get messy if they personally just start keeping some sort of system in their heads as to when to call and when to not call a foul according to their count. A lot of hockey fans want equal number of penalties called on each team during a game, just to be "fair".

In MLB, if an umpire calls an outside pitch a strike, I don't want him calling the next pitch a ball if it's right down the middle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sderk said:

I guess I disagree. I don't want refs from any sport picking and choosing fouls

they don't call games differently at the end as opposed to the start? They don't "let them play" so to speak?

49 minutes ago, edjr said:

they don't call games differently at the end as opposed to the start? They don't "let them play" so to speak?

I'm not sure if they do this as a rule across the league I have seen it before, but, I just have never agreed with it really. A foul is a foul. 

59 minutes ago, sderk said:

I'm not sure if they do this as a rule across the league I have seen it before, but, I just have never agreed with it really. A foul is a foul. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, edjr said:

That foul was too obvious to let go.  

If he doesn’t call it, everyone with money on UVA is pissed today instead of you.  

29 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

That foul was too obvious to let go.  

If he doesn’t call it, everyone with money on UVA is pissed today instead of you.  

Not pissed. I didn't even watch.  But to say calls are made the same at the start and end of a game is :lol:

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Not pissed. I didn't even watch.  But to say calls are made the same at the start and end of a game is :lol:

So? What is the point of a level playing field then? Some dumb-ass ref who wants to decide the outcome of a game is the way you like it?

The outcome of games should be ruled by the rules of the game. Not some referee dude with an emotional hard-on for the outcome like many fans seem to have. If anything about sports is stupid, it's the fans that want the game to be called differently throughout the game but yet then bltch about calls after the game.

put a small amount on TTU for tonight.  Just hit a Rays+Cubs parlay so why not.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

put a small amount on TTU for tonight.  Just hit a Rays+Cubs parlay so why not.

I'm going against my initial take on the under in the first half and simply going with Virginia and the over on the game.

I also hit it with the Cubs today. Didn't see a let down coming in this one against Pitt. Cubs had a rough start but that won't be the norm.