Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - June Mock 2019 **

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pretty sure this is the earliest a Brown has been taken in the last decade . . .

I think Trent Richardson snuck into the first his sophomore year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had considered the mercurial Beckham, but wanted to play out the double RB strategy, and I think Chubb is safer on that young offense, and actually will be value at this spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Kelce pick. That was where I was going if shovel sniped me on Chubb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I didn't need to hesitate with that pick I just didn't realize I was otc.

 

My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a good time for explanation on selecting Bell at 1.7

As risky as he is, I felt like I'd be abe to snag JuJu at 2.6 and fell better with that combo than Hopkins and another RB

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hadn’t targeted Kelce per se and would have liked Cook or Chubb...but picking a RB with either of my first two picks would have been a reach and I think reaching from the #8 spot leaves you with an inferior team. So, it’s value over position for me so far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

806-202-0265 if I get caught up out in the field this afternoon. Kind of hard to put together a a list for a short turn.  The first pic dictates the second.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back and forth between Brown and a certain RB.

Not high on either, but taking Brown gives me more flexibility, and I think the RB2 field is deep enough that I can fill it without much problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never take a TE this early but I didn't see a RB that I thought was worth it and I think there are plenty of good WRs available yet.  I've gotten tired of being stuck with terrible TEs over the years and I'm a big Kittle and Iowa fan so I figured I'd take him instead of someone else getting him.  The guy is a stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. From 1 to 22. That's quite a plummet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best case scenario for my plan on the turn.  I have 3 guys left I'd love to have in round 3 and can let Ice Narrow it down for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Gurley was the back I was considering. He just scares the hell out of me.

I strongly considered him too but felt Kittle was safer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Gurley was the back I was considering. He just scares the hell out of me.

Some one had to do it, he was not likely to fall too much further, but I get the apprehension too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Gurley pick was truly the top story of the first two rounds. Where do you take him? At what point, does his past make him too enticing to pass on?

Considered him at 2.05, but like many, couldn't pull the trigger. Such a hard player to figure out at the moment. I don't see it clearing up anytime soon, either. 

All that said, can you imagine last December someone saying they had drafted both Gurley and McCaffrey in a twelve-team redraft? No one would have believed it... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

The Gurley pick was truly the top story of the first two rounds. Where do you take him? At what point, does his past make him too enticing to pass on?

Considered him at 2.05, but like many, couldn't pull the trigger. Such a hard player to figure out at the moment. I don't see it clearing up anytime soon, either. 

All that said, can you imagine last December someone saying they had drafted both Gurley and McCaffrey in a twelve-team redraft? No one would have believed it... 

This precisely.  The summer may clear him up, and maybe move him up, but he's a mystery.

 

On a smaller scale, I feel that way about OBJ.  He could click immediately and demand a higher draft position by the end of summer, or he could remain a potential risk that makes drafters question even the top half of round 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuff I like to ponder... I am a numbers guy, I like to poke at them

 

  Round 1 Round 2
WR 3 25.00% 6 50.00%
RB 9 75.00% 3 25.00%
QB 0   0 0.00%
TE 0   3 25.00%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combos:

RB-RB: 3

RB-WR: 4

WR-WR: 2

RB-TE: 2

WR-TE: 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think I didn’t ponder that Gurley pick, but at #22 he was just too much value to give up. Risk....sure....,but I am in this thing to win and I am “all in”. Not sure Iceman and RC would have let him slip to me at 3.03 either.

and, you could all laugh at me if he falls flat on his face, and I would deserve it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't criticize the pick, he was a great value. Just couldn't pull the trigger myself.

And you're OTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robb said:

Don’t think I didn’t ponder that Gurley pick, but at #22 he was just too much value to give up. Risk....sure....,but I am in this thing to win and I am “all in”. Not sure Iceman and RC would have let him slip to me at 3.03 either.

and, you could all laugh at me if he falls flat on his face, and I would deserve it!

There was NO WAY Gurley was making it past me. The value is too good at this point.

 

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ICEMAN said:

There was NO WAY Gurley was making it past me. The value is too good at this point.

 

ICEMAN

I agree and I'm also glad someone else pulled the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Luck coming off the board, interesting, he seems to be in the same realm as Gurley in that you cannot be sure what his health issues might mean to you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was really hoping to pair Derrick Henry with Devonta Freeman, but alas it was not to be. Loved the Freeman pick in addition to Dan getting great value there with Cooper, I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting on Mike, as always! 🙄

😜

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Was really hoping to pair Derrick Henry with Devonta Freeman, but alas it was not to be. Loved the Freeman pick in addition to Dan getting great value there with Cooper, I think. 

hadFreeman typed in and then decided I wanted to gamble on a fournette bounce back in what shul at least be a better offense rather than mess with koetter in Atlanta. But I still like freeman as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zeke - 381 touches for 2001 yards and 9 tds

Zach - 116 touches for 1163 yards and 8 tds

Thielen - 113 touches for 1373 yards 9 tds

Three proven target/touch hogs w/fair to good td production.  618 touches for 4536 yards and 26 tds.  

Wonder what I'll find on next turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, remote controller said:

Zeke - 381 touches for 2001 yards and 9 tds

Zach - 116 touches for 1163 yards and 8 tds

Thielen - 113 touches for 1373 yards 9 tds

Three proven target/touch hogs w/fair to good td production.  618 touches for 4536 yards and 26 tds.  

Wonder what I'll find on next turn.

Jermichael Finley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Jermichael Finley?

 

Vincent Brisby?

 

ICEMAN

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking WR-WR to begin the draft, I was targeting Derrick Henry with my next pick, but that was probably wishful thinking. I'm somewhat surprised at the decent RB options available at the 3-4 turn. Hopefully I chose the right two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×