Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Anyone here ever play Half-Life 2?

Steam is having a huge sale and just picked up every game Valve has ever made for only $7. On chapter 4 of my first time playing HL2, holy sh!t it’s really good hard to believe it’s 15 years old 

LLLLoooooooovvvvvee that game. Favorite of all time.

What system are you playing it on?

Never played it but heard good things about it. Honestly just haven’t played many games lately. That’ll change when the new DOOM and Gears of War comes out 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Never played it but heard good things about it. Honestly just haven’t played many games lately. That’ll change when the new DOOM and Gears of War comes out 

Half Life 1 was awesome. Half Life 2 was epic. I played HL1 on a computer. I remember playing at 2am and trying to peer around corners in the game as if I were actually in the game. It was pretty cool how immersed I was into that game.

15 minutes ago, sderk said:

Half Life 1 was awesome. Half Life 2 was epic. I played HL1 on a computer. I remember playing at 2am and trying to peer around corners in the game as if I were actually in the game. It was pretty cool how immersed I was into that game.

I had never heard of it until it was like years old. By then I believe (i could be wrong so don’t hold it against me) I had a new console so I didn’t get a chance to play it and just never did 

Whatever you do, do not mention the number that comes after 2. Doing delays it another 5 years

The Half Life games and the Mods that came with it were epic. Counter Strike is from the Half Life family. Half life 2 was one of my all time favorite games. Team Fortress Classic was the game I probably put the most hours into. Sniping with that little red dot and blowing people's heads off was so satisfying. 

GGOAT

Orange Box was the greatest value of all time as well - 3 games that were A+ for the price of 1.  legendary

• Thanks 1

I remember when I first played original Half Life.  To this day I still vividly remember how blown away I was when I tossed a grenade around a corner and down some stairs.  Hearing a distant directional cry of "GRENADE!!!" surprised the sh1t out of me.  That's commonplace now, of course, but at the time that level of detail was amazing. 

I’ll probably finish HL2 today or next weekend. Give it a solid 9/10. These guys were thinking of and doing things that no other developers were doing. So many small details I’m shocked it’s 15 years old. One thing I don’t like is there are no cut scenes and Gordon never talks. I do still like the CS series better, but that’s because I like multiplayer. 

Anyways if you guys want to play it Steam is having a sale right now you can get every Valve game for around $7 and it will run on any decent computer built in the last 10 years.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/232/Valve_Complete_Pack/

56 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Hmmm..Ok you have my interest.  Can you play it on PS4?

Not sure if it’s on PS4 but it’s on Xbox One so probably?

11 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I spent much more time on Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic than Half-Life 1 and 2. 

Team Fortress was so good. Once they started adding new maps and mods, it was even better.

What was your favorite player to use? I liked to rock the soldier and would use the medic if no one else did

10 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I spent much more time on Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic than Half-Life 1 and 2. 

Counter-Strike is the GOAT of FPS. Source is my favorite. 

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Counter-Strike is the GOAT of FPS. Source is my favorite. 

If it's not ADS I am useless. I couldn't get the hang of CS

42 minutes ago, edjr said:

Team Fortress was so good. Once they started adding new maps and mods, it was even better.

What was your favorite player to use? I liked to rock the soldier and would use the medic if no one else did

Sniper for sure. Charge up that little dot and start popping heads

I liked day of defeat more than CS or team fortress when it came to half life mods.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Engineer. Between the sentries and the absurd EMP grenade that could kill enemies on the floor above you. 

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I liked day of defeat more than CS or team fortress when it came to half life mods.

I spent some time on DoD but far less than on Counter-Strike. Team Fortress 2 was ridiculously entertaining. 

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I spent some time on DoD but far less than on Counter-Strike. Team Fortress 2 was ridiculously entertaining. 

played for hours on end and had many laughs.

46 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Never played Day of Defeat but it came with the valve bundle, was going to try it this weekend.