Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Is it racist to hire someone based on their skin color

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

Every social program has whites and whites are the majority on every social program. Somehow you soothe yourself by using percentages, but the bottom line is the bulk of the bodies collecting checks in this country are white. People of color have jobs and pay the same taxes that are funding the same programs. Even illegals are paying taxes. Make up your mind, are people of color in jail, collecting a check on welfare or are we stealing jobs from whites or getting research grants that white people should get we can't be doing both.

I can’t talk with a person who doesn’t understand the concept of percentages and why they are important in this instance. There’s probably more white people on assistance than there are black peoples in the country but blacks are a fraction of the population in comparison. It doesn’t change the fact that minorities mooch off whites. The fact that you ignore the percentages is incredible to me. I have a friend from HS who barley gets by, and would probably qualify for government assistance but he has to much pride to ever ask for help from someone else. Show me one minority who has ever done that. And to the final part, they are doing both. 

47 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I can’t talk with a person who doesn’t understand the concept of percentages and why they are important in this instance. There’s probably more white people on assistance than there are black peoples in the country but blacks are a fraction of the population in comparison. It doesn’t change the fact that minorities mooch off whites. The fact that you ignore the percentages is incredible to me. I have a friend from HS who barley gets by, and would probably qualify for government assistance but he has to much pride to ever ask for help from someone else. Show me one minority who has ever done that. And to the final part, they are doing both. 

People get government assistance because they are qualified for it. If your friend chooses not to receive the benefits they are qualified to get, that is up to them. They obviously have a support system. You are ignoring the history of blacks who are segregated in high population areas where there are no jobs, bad schools and areas where you cannot even purchase food! Things you take completely for granted are not located in high poverty black areas. I am someone who received welfare, food stamps and Medicaid for a period of time and I'm so grateful for it. It is a temporary solution for people who have fallen on hard times and need help. Heck, I can think of a group of whites that are milking the systems: the Mormons in plural marriages. Many of them claim to be single mothers when in fact they are living in groups all collecting checks when there is a man and multiple incomes coming into the home. The reason the percentages are high for African Americans is due to our history in this country. Let me know if you'd like an education about it.

• Like 1

iam90sbaby

A video of a black family not on welfare with the father present:

Peenie,

You realize the Mormon church disavowed plural marriage a hell of a long time ago, don't you?   Any sects still practicing that are not affiliated with the Mormon church.  What you posted is just as bigoted/racist as anything you've ever accused anyone of posting. Please educate yourself before posting such bigoted crap.

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

Peenie,

You realize the Mormon church disavowed plural marriage a hell of a long time ago, don't you?   Any sects still practicing that are not affiliated with the Mormon church.  What you posted is just as bigoted/racist as anything you've ever accused anyone of posting. Please educate yourself before posting such bigoted crap.

There are reality shows currently on television with Mormons that are in plural marriages. Have you not ever heard of Sister Wives?? Besides Mormon isn't a race, it's a religion. There are plenty of Mormons, most I assume that are not in plural marriages and not on welfare but there are clearly some that are in fact collecting welfare checks. They consider themselves Mormons and that is how I learned of them. It wasn't rumor and it's not racist even if I'm incorrect.

Much evidence exists to show that during the past few decades, many plural wives of Mormon fundamentalist men have deceived the government in order to obtain welfare assistance and medical coverage. The deception occurs as plural wives fail to identify the father of their children in official records as required by state laws; the mothers supply spurious names or say they do not know.  Through this fraud, fathers are able to shift their responsibilities for the material support of their plural families to state welfare programs.

Link

ETA,

Ironically, you didn't think to make any corrections to the racist and bigoted statements about all the minorities living off of social programs financed by whites.

I work and pay taxes and never once think to complain about such things. I'm glad my taxes help pay for the elderly, our teachers, firemen, the military, the poor, etc. You all must be so miserable to complain when your tax dollars are what makes this country great. Move if you don't like it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, peenie said:

There are reality shows currently on television with Mormons that are in plural marriages. Have you not ever heard of Sister Wives?? Besides Mormon isn't a race, it's a religion. There are plenty of Mormons, most I assume that are not in plural marriages and not on welfare but there are clearly some that are in fact collecting welfare checks. They consider themselves Mormons and that is how I learned of them. It wasn't rumor and it's not racist even if I'm incorrect.

Link

ETA,

Ironically, you didn't think to make any corrections to the racist and bigoted statements about all the minorities living off of social programs financed by whites.

I work and pay taxes and never once think to complain about such things. I'm glad my taxes help pay for the elderly, our teachers, firemen, the military, the poor, etc. You all must be so miserable to complain when your tax dollars are what makes this country great. Move if you don't like it.

Peenie,

You proved my point.  Mormon Fundamentalists are considered Mormon's as much as the Westboro Baptist Church is considered Christian.  No one affiliated with the mainstream versions of those religions would touch either of them. 

I purposely used both the word bigot and racist to indicate that yes, while technically not racist, what you posted was extremely bigoted.  And, at the end of the day, racism is just a subset of bigotry focused on race.  What you posted would be extremely offensive to any practicing Mormon, and you should take it back and apologize.

With regard to the statements about blacks being on social programs paid for by whites, while nothing is set in stone I don't think it can be argued that whites pay a much higher percentage of that program than blacks do.  Given that blacks make up a much smaller percentage of the US population than whites do, and whites have higher paying jobs in general, that's just basic math.  The fact that you're disagreeing with it just shows your bias. 

What I found most interesting about your comments was your comment that people on social programs are there because they "qualify" for it.  Well, duh.  Congress passes a law and you qualify.  So what?  If they pass reparations you'd "qualify."  Does that make it right?  I'm technicality a minority and could have easily checked the box for that when I applied to college.  I chose white.  Because it was the right thing to do.

One more comment.  Regarding living in high poverty areas where you can't buy groceries.  You know why?  Because when markets open there your people focking rob them.  So they go to areas where they won't get robbed, which is typically upper and middle class predominantly white neighborhoods.  If you want to help them offer to stand guard and stop anyone who robs the place.  FFS quit making excuses for the sorry conditions created and perpetuated by your own race, and do something to help.

• Like 1

Do you complain that women pay less taxes for social programs than men? Women are on welfare far more than men? There is a reason and it's not because women are lazy. There is a circumstance and a history that cannot be ignored.

46 minutes ago, peenie said:

Do you complain that women pay less taxes for social programs than men? Women are on welfare far more than men? There is a reason and it's not because women are lazy. There is a circumstance and a history that cannot be ignored.

Yeah, that's probably true, but I don't know what to do about black women not being able to keep a man.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Yeah, that's probably true, but I don't know what to do about black women not being able to keep a man.

Many of them are nuts. I think it's daddy issues and all that hair maintenance. That has to make you nuts. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Many of them are nuts. I think it's daddy issues and all that hair maintenance. That has to make you nuts. 

No arguments here. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I hear many of them don’t like to give BJ’s. :dunno:

39 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I didn't realize my wife was black!!!  Maybe we can qualify for some of those reparations.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I didn't realize my wife was black!!!  Maybe we can qualify for some of those reparations.  :thumbsup:

It also means you can feel free to leave any time you choose. 

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It also means you can feel free to leave any time you choose. 

Wish I knew that option was available 21 yrs ago.  Our son just graduated from college and our daughter just finished her sophomore year at UW.  Could've probably used that to our advantage on the financial aid forms though. 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that's just my issue. 

About the hair, can you imagine if you guys were brainwashed to believe you wouldn't be considered attractive unless you wore your hair in an Afro? Crazy right?

Well that's exactly the situation most black women are in. Unless our hair, that is naturally super curly, isn't worn straight (an impossible state without harsh chemicals or excessive heat) we are generally considered unattractive. Our hair is easier to care for if it's short but short curly Afro hair is not seen as pretty by most. 

There is nothing wrong with our hair. What's wrong is the need to wear wigs and weaves to fit into a beauty standard that is very difficult to achieve.

If black people had more self love and pride things would be very different. That, imo, is the greatest problem in my culture, self hatred. Cure that and everything else would fall into place. 

• Like 1

Just now, peenie said:

I think that's just my issue. 

About the hair, can you imagine if you guys were brainwashed to believe you wouldn't be considered attractive unless you wore your hair in an Afro? Crazy right?

Well that's exactly the situation most black women are in. Unless our hair, that is naturally super curly, isn't worn straight (an impossible state without harsh chemicals or excessive heat) we are generally considered unattractive. Our hair is easier to care for if it's short but short curly Afro hair is not seen as pretty by most. 

There is nothing wrong with our hair. What's wrong is the need to wear wigs and weaves to fit into a beauty standard that is very difficult to achieve.

If black people had more self love and pride things would be very different. That, imo, is the greatest problem in my culture, self hatred. Cure that and everything else would fall into place. 

Every culture has similar things. Asian women use all kinds of bleaches and procedures to make their skin as white as possible. White women use spray tans. It's one of those the grass is always greener things.

But white women aren't seen as completely undesirable if they have pale skin. A tan is a plus not a must.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Wish I knew that option was available 21 yrs ago.  Our son just graduated from college and our daughter just finished her sophomore year at UW.  Could've probably used that to our advantage on the financial aid forms though. 

Daughter's can size?

1 hour ago, peenie said:

If black people had more self love and pride things would be very different.

I think more self love in general would do society good.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

About the hair, can you imagine if you guys were brainwashed to believe you wouldn't be considered attractive unless you wore your hair in an Afro?

What the heck are you talking about? Are you saying all black people are so shallow and insecure that they are open to being brainwashed about their looks? Do they not ever emotionally grow out of their middle school years in your eyes? Wow. 

I notice the lack of self love after every touchdown and in the rap songs I have been forced to suffer through. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I notice the lack of self love after every touchdown and in the rap songs I have been forced to suffer through. 

You're a giants fan,  you haven't had to suffer through many touchdown celebrations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sderk said:

What the heck are you talking about? Are you saying all black people are so shallow and insecure that they are open to being brainwashed about their looks? Do they not ever emotionally grow out of their middle school years in your eyes? Wow. 

You're pretty dim so let me explain it to you in a way even you can understand. There are women of Asian decent that get surgery on their eyes in order to make them look more attractive. Why would they do that if that is the way most of them are born? If most of them have no eye fold, why would they desire it? Because the standard of beauty is influenced by Europeans who have large eyes with an eye-fold.

Blacks are equally affected but with hair. The standard of beauty is long straight hair. Sure our hair grows long but you can't tell because it's so curly so it looks short. We straighten it to appear more attractive. We wear wigs and weaves as well. If men weren't desiring these looks we wouldn't bother. So, it's not really just about self-esteem, it's about finding love and a job. Society doesn't always see our hair as professional if we wear it as is. For men, no biggie, they can cut it. As women we're stuck. If we cut it, it's seen as masculine. But if we wear it long it, it doesn't grow down but rather out and up. It looks big and somewhat distracting. Anyway, that isn't my problem because I wear my hair as I feel, but for a lot of women it is a struggle. The most beautiful desirable women in black culture have straight long hair which isn't how most of our hair grows out of our heads naturally.

How did we even get on this subject??? Oh, I know, someone said we can't keep a man because of our hair. I'm just the messenger folks.

8 hours ago, sderk said:

I don't think this is unique to AA's. I see people across all racial and socio-economic bands trying to change themselves in order to secure a place in their culture.

People tend to gravitate toward their preferred cultural norms. Here in the US we tend to prefer more "athletic" or "thin" but recently curvy has gained some ground, whereas in Mauritania the preference is for fat women.  Both sides have health consequences.  In each case it is pointless to blame a group based on the melanin in their skin, culture trumps skin color.

• Like 1

Good point RLLD. Some women put plates in their lips or tattoos on their face. Everyone is affected. I think men are not so burdened.

7 hours ago, drobeski said:

You're a giants fan,  you haven't had to suffer through many touchdown celebrations. 

There was that one Eli threw to win a super bowl I remember. 4th quarter drive, miracle catch to set it up? You remember the one Im talking about? 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There was that one Eli threw to win a super bowl I remember. 4th quarter drive, miracle catch to set it up? You remember the one Im talking about? 

Which one? The sideline catch or the helmet catch?

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Which one? The sideline catch or the helmet catch?

Well, his game winning TD was set up by the miracle catch. The sideline throw, one of the greatest throws in history, ended up with a game winning rushing touchdown in another super bowl. I can see why people mix them up. So many awesome plays. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, his game winning TD was set up by the miracle catch. The sideline throw, one of the greatest throws in history, ended up with a game winning rushing touchdown in another super bowl. I can see why people mix them up. So many awesome plays. 

Did you jerk off to the story in this week's "Football Morning in America" where they talked about how Jared Lorenzen worked as a pass rusher in simulating a pass rush for Eli in prep for that SB?

4 hours ago, peenie said:

You're pretty dim so let me explain it to you in a way even you can understand.

You spent all that time writing out a ton on commentary. And you start it off with this sentence. I stopped reading after this quote above.

You and your black insecurity at work again. Why don't you just go out into the world, stop looking at race, and be a human and function like other good moral humans do. Work hard and don't care so much about looks. Maybe that would help you be at peace in life instead of so mixed up and weird.

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

I don't think this is unique to AA's. I see people across all racial and socio-economic bands trying to change themselves in order to secure a place in their culture.

People tend to gravitate toward their preferred cultural norms. Here in the US we tend to prefer more "athletic" or "thin" but recently curvy has gained some ground, whereas in Mauritania the preference is for fat women.  Both sides have health consequences.  In each case it is pointless to blame a group based on the melanin in their skin, culture trumps skin color.

That's my point. It's not just some black people who are insecure about looks. It covers some people in all groups and races. The goal though should be for individuals to not make their being about their looks. They should be hygienic and healthy yes, but for someone to start bringing in specifics of a race who are actively "brainwashed" with the need to accommodate their looks based on a few others that are featured in magazines? I don't understand the self pity is all.     

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Did you jerk off to the story in this week's "Football Morning in America" where they talked about how Jared Lorenzen worked as a pass rusher in simulating a pass rush for Eli in prep for that SB?

Ooooh. Someone's titties are twisted. You mean an NFL team practiced a play? It would be better I guess if they just went to the film room and watched the other team. On the video they cheated to get. Knowing the plays of the other team is so much easier than actually practicing 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ooooh. Someone's titties are twisted. 

No, it was a decent story.  Head over to ProFootballtalk.com.  Peter King was remembering Lorenzen and that was the story that he used.  It is worth the read. 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No, it was a decent story.  Head over to ProFootballtalk.com.  Peter King was remembering Lorenzen and that was the story that he used.  It is worth the read. 

I read it. Can't figure out why that would be a source of derision for you. Hard work can pay off as much as cheating. Sometimes. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read it. Can't figure out why that would be a source of derision for you. Hard work can pay off as much as cheating. Sometimes. 

No derision at all.  I thought it was a cool story.  Why do you always have a stick up your ass?

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No derision at all.  I thought it was a cool story.  Why do you always have a stick up your ass?

"Did I jerk off to the story". Come on man. You wrote that a few minutes ago. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

"Did I jerk off to the story". Come on man. You wrote that a few minutes ago. 

You don't think that is friendly banter?  I would say that to friend.  Jeesus you are really an odd duck.  

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You don't think that is friendly banter?  I would say that to friend.  Jeesus you are really an odd duck.  

Ok. My bad. 

2 hours ago, sderk said:

You spent all that time writing out a ton on commentary. And you start it off with this sentence. I stopped reading after this quote above.

You and your black insecurity at work again. Why don't you just go out into the world, stop looking at race, and be a human and function like other good moral humans do. Work hard and don't care so much about looks. Maybe that would help you be at peace in life instead of so mixed up and weird.

Wow, you also don't have reading comprehension abilities. I wrote that long explanation because of the earlier post that stated black women can't find a man due to their hair. I don't need you to tell me how to be, act or think.

You seemed to disregard these offensive comments. I was kindly responding to them. I didn't even bother to state that the comments were trash, I actually tried to validate them.

Many of them are nuts. I think it's daddy issues and all that hair maintenance. That has to make you nuts