Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Jones the new QB in New York

After this week.  They're going to get shutdown to the point where NYG fans will be crying after getting demolished by the Bucs. 😎

It’s going to be a long season. 

10 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Upgrade all NYG position players :banana:

I'm a Giants fan, and I don't see this as an upgrade for anyone, except maybe Barkley. It could wind up being that, but we just don't know. Good luck Danny Dimes!

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Anyone think the Giants may try to deal Eli to someone like Jacksonville for a late round pick? 

After after last night, the Jets. 

I’m not taking him if I was Jacksonville. 

But sure I think the Gmen might try to do so. 

53 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Anyone think the Giants may try to deal Eli to someone like Jacksonville for a late round pick? 

less than 1% chance. The Giants don't want to trade him, they want him to retire a Giant. Regardless no team is going to take on his contract. Going nowhere...

Seems odd as you might just be tossing Jones under the bus. But I guess if you want to try to salvage this season (unlikely, but still) then you’ve gotta make the move early 

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Absolutely not! The Giants are giving him the game off so they can restructure his contract to 20 more years. He needs time to think about how this is going to affect his Hall of Fame induction.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:05 AM, tanatastic said:

I thought he would last 4 games.

I thought he would last until the bye week (whenever that happened to be)

pulling him early is not something I expected.   That being said, if I was a QB needy team, I'd offer up a draft pick to get Eli.

could you imagine him in Pittsburgh?   or possibly in Carolina or Jacksonville?

Maybe New Orleans?

Lots of possibilities.

even New York, but Darnold isnt missing that much time.  might not be worth it for them to get him.

28 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

pulling him early is not something I expected.   That being said, if I was a QB needy team, I'd offer up a draft pick to get Eli.

Maybe New Orleans?

Lots of possibilities.

Eli refused to go to San Diego when he feared being drafted by the Chargers, so he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's going to be willing to bounce around the league to squeeze two more years out of his career.  I think he just retires after this season.

27 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Maybe New Orleans?

Lots of possibilities.

Eh, no I’d think at this point Eli on a new offense wouldn’t be an upgrade over any of those guys.

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Eli refused to go to San Diego when he feared being drafted by the Chargers, so he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's going to be willing to bounce around the league to squeeze two more years out of his career.  I think he just retires after this season.

perhaps.

but when faced with the option to play or sit on the bench, a lot of players change their mind.

Eli does not have the leverage to be able to say I'm gonna play here or there.

His only leverage is to say 'I quit'

Likely the team will approach him and say  ' these two teams want to trade for you and want you to be their starter.   is this something that interests you?'

if handled properly, he may choose to go.

I know for a fact,  If I was still a player, I'd rather play than not play.

That being said, I am not given the option to play, so I have no say in the matter.

46 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Eh, no I’d think at this point Eli on a new offense wouldn’t be an upgrade over any of those guys.

I think you over estimate the value of some of those backups.   I acknowledge, it takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks to learn enough of the playbook to be anywhere close to effective.

And this is really the challenge.   by the time he gets into the game, the season could already be lost.