Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Jaylen Samuels ROS

What's the outlook ROS?

He was a later depth target for me in a lot of leagues and his lack of invovlement early was not encouraging.

Was last week a breakout game and a sign of a more consistent touch count or a one-off game plan?

JuJu did nothing last week which won't happen often.  Connor's ankle tweaked.  

I don't think anyone can tell. He's not scoring a td each week which really boosted his fantasy points. I think the Steelers have been screwing themselves by going exclusive Conner. He can't handle a full load without getting hurt imo. It makes no sense not to go 50 50.

The week before slow and terrible Benny Snell got 3 carries to Samuels 0. Wtf was that? 

5 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I’m staying away. Too much trick plays for me to feel good projecting forward.

This.   It appears the only players of value in the Steelers is Samuels and Connors since Tomlinson wants to play cute high-school-level trick plays and dink and dunk all day long. You can forget about any receivers or TE's in this ghey offense.

27 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This.   It appears the only players of value in the Steelers is Samuels and Connors since Tomlinson wants to play cute high-school-level trick plays and dink and dunk all day long. You can forget about any receivers or TE's in this ghey offense.

Well Diontae Johnson has scored a TD each week. Maybe Johnson is viable?

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Well Diontae Johnson has scored a TD each week. Maybe Johnson is viable?

I am dangling ct and dionte for James white and mike Williams as we speak 

1 minute ago, SexyRexy said:

Chris Thompson 

Ahh. I don't see Mike Williams as any kind of upgrade. He seems to have very little upside unless Allen goes down. White is solid but he isn't a stud. I kind of prefer Diontae and Thompson

Given that Rudolph has one of the lowest air yards per target, I'd say Samuels has a solid floor with his receiving game.

• Like 1

In leagues smaller than 16 teams with rosters smaller than 20 players, forget about Samuels.

In all other leagues, grab him immediately.

In our FFTODAY IBL league I have an offer to sell Samuels and get McCoy. 

Hmm younger upstart or older horse?  I’m not really clear either way who I might like more. 

Ekler, Mixon-Gio, Samuels is my basic core PPR

7 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

What's the outlook ROS?

He was a later depth target for me in a lot of leagues and his lack of invovlement early was not encouraging.

Was last week a breakout game and a sign of a more consistent touch count or a one-off game plan?

JuJu hasn’t done much all season so far and that was true even before roethlisberger went down. I think we have to conclude he’s just not that great without AB taking the heat away 

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

In our FFTODAY IBL league I have an offer to sell Samuels and get McCoy.

What are you waiting for??

STEAL!

Talk about your rookie leagues...  Axe Elf led not one but TWO different boards to victory in the IBL back in the day.  Hopefully the competition has improved over the years, but reading this trade offer...  yeah, probly not.  Most of those guys just want to trade for trading's sake--makes them feel like they're really managing the heck out of their teams--but then you can burn them to ashes when you get trade offers like this.

10 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

What's the outlook ROS?

Mostly depends on Conner availability. 

samuels was released last week, and i grabbed him this morning.. i am also a Connor owner..

I picked up Samuels this morning.  I'm still in wait and see mode.   

If Conner is out this week (missed practice today), Samuels becomes a top 10 RB in week 5. I picked him up and will definitely start him if Conner misses time.

8 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

If Conner is out this week (missed practice today), Samuels becomes a top 10 RB in week 5. I picked him up and will definitely start him if Conner misses time.

I would be shocked if he missed this week. He's out of practice just to be cautious imo. He is going to lose his lock on the job if Samuels steps in. 

Are the Steelers playing the Bengals at home again this week? Then by all means, get him in your lineup! We all know how well the gimmicks work a few weeks after the leauge sees them. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Conner misses this game, if he can’t play he can’t play. 

And I don’t honk it really matters if he misses this one game due to injury, he’s still going to their best rb.