Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Cant Hide Class...U. Of Tennessee Player Jeremy Banks Arrest Vid 'Where I'm From, We Shoot At Cops

Police have released body cam footage of Tennessee running back Jeremy Banks' September arrest ... where the player is heard saying, "Where I'm from, we shoot at cops."

The 19-year-old running back was arrested for an outstanding warrant after he was initially pulled over for an illegal U-turn on Sept. 15. (Hours after the Volunteers' win over UT-Chattanooga.)

During the arrest, Banks tells officers he plays for the Vols ... and asks them several times to have them call head coach, Jeremy Pruitt.

Once on the phone, Pruitt says he was aware of the previous traffic ticket, but didn't know there was a warrant out for Banks' arrest for failing to appear in court.

When in the back of the police car, Banks starts going OFF on the cops, saying "I don't like the police, bro. Hell nah," and "Y'all police are some p*****s, bro. Real , I don't f**k with y'all."

At one point, Banks says the following to a female intern who's participating in a ride-along  -- "You don't wanna be an intern because where I'm from we shoot at cops. I'm from Memphis, Tennessee."

Banks eventually calms down -- even singing and giving compliments to the officer on his way to the detention center.

5399c64bfb534eaabd7fbccc362fe1de_md.jpg

The running back released a statement on Tuesday, saying “I want to sincerely apologize to my family, the University of Tennessee and the law enforcement community. I deeply regret my language and attitude in the video."

"I have great respect for our policemen and women, and I am embarrassed by my actions that night. That’s not who I am. I promise to be a better representative for the University of Tennessee moving forward.”

Pruitt also addressed the incident, saying, “Jeremy’s behavior and comments are unacceptable and portrayed himself and our football program very poorly and he understands that."

"We will address the matter internally. I’m determined to do what I can to help Jeremy grow up and become a better man. Our team and staff respect our law enforcement and we will continue to educate our players on how to carry themselves at all times.

12 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

He should claim he's illegal so they are forced to let him go.

True. He can move to New York City or San Francisco and be protected.

32 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Guys, guys, guys... He apologized. 

And I'm sure he wrote that himself. 

Where is he from? 

Curious how my thread title got edited...i was lazy and copy and pasted from TMZ and it had some words in all caps. Now it doesnt. :dunno:

37 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My home town of memfrica. 

Memphis?  If that is true then I think he is less lying so much as overstating, its fine because VP Biden did that and we all know you can talk about crime and its just fine....

Just because you are a character doesn’t mean that you have character. 

16 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My home town of memfrica. 

Do you really shoot at cops in Memphis?

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Do you really shoot at cops in Memphis?

Well, technivally, I'm from the white suburbs outside Memphis. But yeah, cops get shot at fairly frequently in Memphis. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Black Lives Matter

Unless they are cops....or conservatives.....or work for border patrol.......or are taken by other people with similar skin tone.....