Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Ramsey to the Rams

Recommended Posts

Eagles fans are ready to jump off a bridge, but Philly has way more issues than just corner. At that price LA can have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got a bit of that back by trading Peters.  Rams are in win now mode with a short window before their cap situation destroys them.  Time to go big!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

They got a bit of that back by trading Peters.  Rams are in win now mode with a short window before their cap situation destroys them.  Time to go big!

What did they get back for Peters? A fifth and an LB?  Nothing.  They got less value from Peters and overpaid for Ramsey.  I think that they are panicking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What did they get back for Peters? A fifth and an LB?  Nothing.  They got less value from Peters and overpaid for Ramsey.  I think that they are panicking. 

Agreed, bad move.  Secondary isn't their problem, their o-line is not good.

As a 9'er fan, I love the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF?!?

Has a non-QB ever gotten that kind of return on a trade? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed, bad move.  Secondary isn't their problem, their o-line is not good.

As a 9'er fan, I love the move.

Well, now they will not have had a first round pick for 5 straight seasons (2017-2021).  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What did they get back for Peters? A fifth and an LB?  Nothing.  They got less value from Peters and overpaid for Ramsey.  I think that they are panicking. 

Peters was playing like garbage and had a big price tag and they were hurting at LB.  Moving Peters allowed them to be able to afford upgrading to Ramsey.  Look for him to get a payday (which means Talib is probably gone after this year).  This puts them in a much better position going forward than being stuck with a CB that is way underperforming his contract (thus far at least).  Once Talib is healthy again, look for this D to be a TON better than they have been.  Wade Phillips with two lockdown corners is a monster and I think the Rams are a significantly better team than they were a week ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears gave up 2 firsts, a third and a 6th for Mack, so it's not unheard of to pay that kind of price for an impact defensive player.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

WTF?!?

Has a non-QB ever gotten that kind of return on a trade? :unsure:

Herschel Walker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The Bears gave up 2 firsts, a third and a 6th for Mack, so it's not unheard of to pay that kind of price for an impact defensive player.  

Oh yea, good point.

Remember when we gave up two 1st rounders for Joey Galloway?  :lol: ............................................. :cry:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Oh yea, good point.

Remember when we gave up two 1st rounders for Joey Galloway?  :lol: ............................................. :cry:

I've been trying to forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, posty said:

Herschel Walker?

You know, that trade was so off the charts unbelievable, - I still have a hard time believing it really happened. :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, bird in the hand I guess.  First round picks only have a 53% success rate.   They know they're getting a top NFL corner in Ramsey.  Still seems like a lot for him though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Peters was playing like garbage and had a big price tag and they were hurting at LB.  Moving Peters allowed them to be able to afford upgrading to Ramsey.  Look for him to get a payday (which means Talib is probably gone after this year).  This puts them in a much better position going forward than being stuck with a CB that is way underperforming his contract (thus far at least).  Once Talib is healthy again, look for this D to be a TON better than they have been.  Wade Phillips with two lockdown corners is a monster and I think the Rams are a significantly better team than they were a week ago.

Peters was playing poorly.  However, they need to get something going with the offense too.  Giving up 2 first rounders for Ramsey and only getting a LB and a conditional pick for Peters (who is still thought of well in the league) was not a good haul.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Peters was playing poorly.  However, they need to get something going with the offense too.  Giving up 2 first rounders for Ramsey and only getting a LB and a conditional pick for Peters (who is still thought of well in the league) was not a good haul.  

They are definitely mortgaging their future to win now.  They're window is definitely now and will be gone in 2 or so years.  It's smart in some ways as they are currently trying to ensure they're the #1 team in LA.  Win early, build the fan base now rather than sucking like the Chargers and having 4 fans at the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kanil said:

Peters was playing like garbage and had a big price tag and they were hurting at LB.  Moving Peters allowed them to be able to afford upgrading to Ramsey.  Look for him to get a payday (which means Talib is probably gone after this year).  This puts them in a much better position going forward than being stuck with a CB that is way underperforming his contract (thus far at least).  Once Talib is healthy again, look for this D to be a TON better than they have been.  Wade Phillips with two lockdown corners is a monster and I think the Rams are a significantly better team than they were a week ago.

Talib will be 34 coming of ANOTHER injury next year. He's done. Rams are done with that oline and no run game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Talib will be 34 coming of ANOTHER injury next year. He's done. Rams are done with that oline and no run game 

I didn't realize they had put Talib on IR... I thought he was out for 4-6 weeks.  Yeah, I agree, he's done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I didn't realize they had put Talib on IR... I thought he was out for 4-6 weeks.  Yeah, I agree, he's done.

He’s on IR but supposedly he could come back later this year. Whether he will or not is a different question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×