Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Netflix: Inside Bill's Brain

Rich people don't impress me. There's a gazillion millionaire/billionaires walking around who if not for their daddy, would be punching clocks at a regular 9 to 5 jobs.

3 part series tells not only who Bill Gates is, but what he is. This dude was/is so smart, I can't even compute it to relative terms. The things he did as a teenager, it's Newton like.

I'd highly  recommend, truly fascinating stuff.

• Like 1

Nice, I've been wanting to check that out.  Off next week with not much planned, burning PTO, I'll take an afternoon and knock that out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Rich people don't impress me. There's a gazillion millionaire/billionaires walking around who if not for their daddy, would be punching clocks at a regular 9 to 5 jobs.

3 part series tells not only who Bill Gates is, but what he is. This dude was/is so smart, I can't even compute it to relative terms. The things he did as a teenager, it's Newton like.

I'd highly  recommend, truly fascinating stuff.

Very true and he is so ruthless it would embarrass John D. Rockefeller.  

Just now, Bert said:

Very true and he is so ruthless it would embarrass John D. Rockefeller.  

Considering he made his billions off of pure theft, I would say yes.

• Thanks 2

thought i'd like it, stopped after 15 or 20 mins

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Yup.  He reminds me of the dooshbag in Billy Madison who tried to steal the company away from Adam Sandler.  Really smart dude until you ask him a question on "business ethics".  

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Just like Apple and Steve Jobs?  Isn't that how most of the billionaires made their money?

11 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Just like Apple and Steve Jobs?  Isn't that how most of the billionaires made their money?

Agree but Steve Jobs was undeniably the inspiration for everything Apple. Computers, tablets, phones, watches, hardware and software. I give him credit for that.

He befriended Epstein, AFTER Epstein was a known pedophile. Spent time at his Manhattan mansion on numerous occasions and took a ride on the ol’ jet. Then claimed he didn’t know Epstein.

Got a lot of respect for what the guy’s accomplished, but he may be a sicko.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/business/jeffrey-epstein-bill-gates.amp.html

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He befriended Epstein, AFTER Epstein was a known pedophile. Spent time at his Manhattan mansion on numerous occasions and took a ride on the ol’ jet. Then claimed he didn’t know Epstein.

Got a lot of respect for what the guy’s accomplished, but he may be a sicko.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/business/jeffrey-epstein-bill-gates.amp.html

Really?  Seems he ought to be the epitome of a guy you despise.  Most of his accomplishments have come from illegally destroying other companies.  And when he didn't do it illegally, he did it unethically.  I guess if that's your idea of a successful business strategy have at it.  I won't be taking you seriously when you talk about bad big corporations anymore, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Really?  Seems he ought to be the epitome of a guy you despise.  Most of his accomplishments have come from illegally destroying other companies.  And when he didn't do it illegally, he did it unethically.  I guess if that's your idea of a successful business strategy have at it.  I won't be taking you seriously when you talk about bad big corporations anymore, that's for sure.

Go home, you’re drunk

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Go home, you’re drunk

I am home, and I'm sober.  And you're still an ignorant idiot.

Just now, Strike said:

I am home, and I'm sober.  And you're still an ignorant idiot.

I’ll try to engage you once in good faith, though it never works.

The reason I respect Bill Gates is he built his empire from the ground up. He didn’t just inherit it and, at best, manage not to totally squander it like so many of the rich folks we celebrate.

Now you’ve got a point with the anti-trust issues and so forth. I guess the process of making sausage is ugly and you’d have to be naive to think otherwise. :dunno:

And ultimately the point of my post was the guy may be a super creep, regardless of the virtue or iniquity with which he built his fortune.

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’ll try to engage you once in good faith, though it never works.

The reason I respect Bill Gates is he built his empire from the ground up. He didn’t just inherit it and, at best, manage not to totally squander it like so many of the rich folks we celebrate.

Now you’ve got a point with the anti-trust issues and so forth. I guess the process of making sausage is ugly and you’d have to be naive to think otherwise. :dunno:

And ultimately the point of my post was the guy may be a super creep, regardless of the virtue or iniquity with which he built his fortune.

I'm talking way before the anti-trust issues.  I'm talking about literally putting other companies out of business or stealing their technology.  Again, you're an ignorant fool who never educates himself, even after he's been told something.  But I work in I.T..  And have for 30+ years so I've watched Microsoft pull this over and over again.  I'm going to give you ONE example, although there are literally dozens.  Stac electronics was a company that came up with an ingenious answer to the problem of small hard drives, back when hard drives were extremely expensive.  They became extremely successful with one little utility you could buy to double the space of your hard drive.  Microsoft invited them up to Redmond to discuss licensing their tech.  Microsoft signed an NDA and then got Stac to tell them exactly how their s/w worked.  Then Stac never heard from Microsoft again and Microsoft included the exact same functionality as Stac's s/w in their next version of DOS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stac_Electronics

Yeah, that's a great way to grow a business.  I'm glad that's the kind of business acumen you respect. 

Retard.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, mighty_thor said:

So is it a balanced unbiased documentary? Or does it try to demonize or glorify him? 

Definitely doesn't demonize him, and although not a glorifying promo add  - it does show him more favorably than not.

It doesn't get into the controversial aspects of his biz dealings. It more focuses on Bill the man, his intellect and the things he's tried to accomplish away from Microsoft.

15 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Definitely doesn't demonize him, and although not a glorifying promo add  - it does show him more favorably than not.

It doesn't get into the controversial aspects of his biz dealings. It more focuses on Bill the man, his intellect and the things he's tried to accomplish away from Microsoft.

Are these "things" his humanitarian endeavors?  If so, how much is his wife mentioned?   Because Bill couldn't give a sh*t about anyone else until he married her.  I'm pretty sure the Bill and Melinda gates foundation only exists because she told him if it didn't he wouldn't be getting laid much, if at all.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Are these "things" his humanitarian endeavors?  If so, how much is his wife mentioned?   Because Bill couldn't give a sh*t about anyone else until he married her.  I'm pretty sure the Bill and Melinda gates foundation only exists because she told him if it didn't he wouldn't be getting laid much, if at all.

Yea the humanitarian projects dealing with Polio and clean water/filtration are focused on... Melinda, she's a big player in this piece as well. In fact, a good part of the series deals with her and the Foundation. W. Buffett is also a player in this doc too.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Sounds like he probably got laid through Epstein, with teenage sex slaves

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sounds like he probably got laid through Epstein, with teenage sex slaves

Maybe, but that would be long after the time frame we were discussing.