Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Brandin Cooks - off to the locker room

Recommended Posts

Bummed for my fantasy team, but more concerned for him as a human. That’s his second in a month. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Bummed for my fantasy team, but more concerned for him as a human. That’s his second in a month. 

 

And that hit he took in the Super Bowl when he was with NE. Surprised he came back from that one at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t call Cooks a good organization guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

I'm officially DONE with COOKS.....have no idea why I wasted a 5th round pick on him !!

I dumped his ass for Tannehill. It was out of necessity (Mahomes out, Dak on bye), but I've got no regerts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

I'm officially DONE with COOKS.....have no idea why I wasted a 5th round pick on him !!

there you go! how dare he get concussed!  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s had plenty of them, way to many. 

This could it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Is he a consensus drop since his last concussion/going to see specialist? Any point in holding? 

:nono:

"Going to see a specialist" <> "Going on IR"

Nothing has been announced. Every concussion is different. We have no idea what condition he is in, or how long he may be out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why the Pats moved on from him. Remember when he got damn near killed in the super bowl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Rapoport:

 

During his team’s bye, #Rams WR Brandin Cooks saw a concussion specialist. Source said the visit was “positive” & that the hope is this latest concussion won’t necessitate a long-term recovery. Still, coach Sean McVay has said Cooks’ health is most important. They’ll be cautious.

 

This doesn’t seem to help at all in deciding whether to drop him now or not lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With McVay saying he doesn’t know when cooks will be back, are u guys still trying to hold onto him or will u let him go for Reynolds or another waiver wr that can give u flex help immediately? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hesitant, but I'd love to use his spot for a waiver claim - Reynolds, Pascal, or a TE to cover Kelce's bye week coming up.

The reality is that he has not had a good year already - and this seems like it's going to linger on.  

He is the 50th rated WR in my PPR league with like 67 points on the year!  

There are literally 6 available WR witth better numbers on the year better than him.

If you go by average per week, which takes into account only weeks played... he is the 59th rated WR.... 

I think I have convinced myself to dump him... my only hang on is that I like to pair up with Goff.

Drop him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own him and there's no way I would consider dropping him without further information. He's simply too talented. Yes, this year has been very up and down for him, but he has delivered four consecutive 1K seasons (and was on pace to do so in his rookie year before he got hurt).

The concussions are clearly a huge concern, and if they declare him out for multiple weeks he would obviously become droppable. And yes, the Rams offense has fallen off this year, to the point where only Kupp has been a reliable weekly starter. But it's not like Cooks suddenly lost a step or his situation has gotten significantly worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I own him and there's no way I would consider dropping him without further information. He's simply too talented. Yes, this year has been very up and down for him, but he has delivered four consecutive 1K seasons (and was on pace to do so in his rookie year before he got hurt).

The concussions are clearly a huge concern, and if they declare him out for multiple weeks he would obviously become droppable. And yes, the Rams offense has fallen off this year, to the point where only Kupp has been a reliable weekly starter. But it's not like Cooks suddenly lost a step or his situation has gotten significantly worse.

It’s more an issue of missing out on viable waiver adds who can help you right now, especially if your in the middle of the pack racing for a playoff spot like I am. Holding is probably smart, but it won’t matter if he’s on your roster and plays when fantasy playoffs come around if u didn’t make the playoffs. Really tough call but I think I gotta let him go and take it on the chin. Sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

It’s more an issue of missing out on viable waiver adds who can help you right now, especially if your in the middle of the pack racing for a playoff spot like I am. Holding is probably smart, but it won’t matter if he’s on your roster and plays when fantasy playoffs come around if u didn’t make the playoffs. Really tough call but I think I gotta let him go and take it on the chin. Sucks. 

Yeah, I get that. And there have been many times I grabbed a proven name off the WW after someone else gave up on him, only to realize that they had been right to bail when they did.

In my case, I'm in a 14-team league so there's not much out there. Next man up on my bench is CSamuel, so it would only be worth dropping Cooks if there were someone better than him.

For the record, I rode the Josh Reynolds rollercoaster last year when the Rams offense was dominant; no way I'd trust him as a reliable starter in this version of it. Which isn't to say he's not worth a roster spot. But I definitely wouldn't recommend dropping Cooks for him given what we know at this moment. As a one- or two-game fill-in you really can't be sure of what you're getting with Reynolds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not even sure he playes again this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m not even sure he playes again this season. 

Definitely possible. And setting aside my fantasy team, I'm not sure I want him to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not a owner, but even if I was, he needs to get better first. 

This might even lead into a early retirement. 

Hes had plenty of problems with concussions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He plays again based on the positive reports from specialist. 
 

Coach is going to avoid timeline so no pressure to return, people are reading into “no timeline” too much...I hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

He plays again based on the positive reports from specialist. 
 

Coach is going to avoid timeline so no pressure to return, people are reading into “no timeline” too much...I hope

I also think it's a function of the non-linear nature of concussion recovery. You're in the protocol until you're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If you filter out all of the god nonsense, his Twitter seems to indicate he will be back at some point. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not this season.  

Great post B Cooks, Amen. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

 

If you filter out all of the god nonsense, his Twitter seems to indicate he will be back at some point. 

 

That may be true, but the mere fact that he felt the need to post this suggests he may be looking at a lengthy absence. It would be like if you got in an argument with your wife and the next day she was like, "I thought long and hard about it and I don't think we should get divorced." The fact that she went there makes you wonder if the argument was more serious than you had realized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zftcg said:

That may be true, but the mere fact that he felt the need to post this suggests he may be looking at a lengthy absence. It would be like if you got in an argument with your wife and the next day she was like, "I thought long and hard about it and I don't think we should get divorced." The fact that she went there makes you wonder if the argument was more serious than you had realized.

I've thought long and hard about lots of wives, and not all of them were mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do u guys see him having any impact for the stretch run? They are now saying week 11 possible return but I dropped him for guice. Ugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw that same thing, a week 11 return, but I’m staying away, one more big hit and he’s elfed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zftcg said:

That may be true, but the mere fact that he felt the need to post this suggests he may be looking at a lengthy absence. It would be like if you got in an argument with your wife and the next day she was like, "I thought long and hard about it and I don't think we should get divorced." The fact that she went there makes you wonder if the argument was more serious than you had realized.

Now he’s cleared for limited practice and back week 11-12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Do u guys see him having any impact for the stretch run? They are now saying week 11 possible return but I dropped him for guice. Ugh. 

I think he’s going to GO OFF for the fantasy playoffs.

 

Guice will play but they are going timeshare to make sure he gets out of the season alive, plus lose work to Thompson on passing downs. On a bad offense at that. Guice not doing anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I think he’s going to GO OFF for the fantasy playoffs.

 

Guice will play but they are going timeshare to make sure he gets out of the season alive, plus lose work to Thompson on passing downs. On a bad offense at that. Guice not doing anything 

I dunno.  They don’t have the greatest ros schedule with pass Ds, and he was doing absolutely nothing before he got hurt. I could see them being cautious with him rather than feeding him, and he’s still fighting for targets on that team. He already got scooped in my league so I’m just justifying my decision lol, but  I also don’t think he’s set up for success rest of the way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some status updates from Cooks. 🤬

 

WTF is wrong with this guy, I need his status update not this nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

 

Thank you Jesus. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×