Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pinesprings

UPDATE: Kittle - Out for Week 11

Recommended Posts

Looks very questionable. Monday night game too. Yippee. Ross Dwelley is his backup...yawn.

need clarity but I'm sure we won't hear anything until Monday night. What are you folks doing with him.

Im done in one league. 2-7 but 8-1 in my second league. I have kittle in both. Hope they rest him for the playoff push. 

 

rambling.....apologies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With him being on Monday night, I’ll probably just sit him, and hope OJ Howard gets me a few points.

In the league I have Kittle I don’t “think” I’ll need him because I’m playing a pretty bad team this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see Kittle playing, and if he does , he would be limited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't good, I have him in 2/3 of my leagues and one of them has very narrow benches.  Not sure I even have room for a backup TE short of dropping a good player from my roster into the player pool.  With two teams in 1st place, one at 9-0 and the other at 7-2, I may just risk the "nil" from him in score column.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I don't expect him to play so I picked up Josh Hollister (SEA - TE) just in case.  That way I can play one or the other depending upon his final status on Monday since they both play Monday night. 

I had the option to pickup Ross Dwelley (SF - TE) instead of Hollister, but I think that if Kittle is out then SF will rely even more on their run game and Dwelley will not really be involved that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

For me, I don't expect him to play so I picked up Josh Hollister (SEA - TE) just in case.  That way I can play one or the other depending upon his final status on Monday since they both play Monday night. 

I had the option to pickup Ross Dwelley (SF - TE) instead of Hollister, but I think that if Kittle is out then SF will rely even more on their run game and Dwelley will not really be involved that much.

Good strategy, i'm actually thinking about re-arranging for a Gesicki addition, feeling like he and Fitz have some good vibes working.  :cheers:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

Good strategy, i'm actually thinking about re-arranging for a Gesicki addition, feeling like he and Fitz have some good vibes working.  :cheers:

Of course, now that I posted that dwelley will have a career day and Hollister will get injured on the first play of the game.😐

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what I wanna do. I think I'm going to sit Kittle and play TE TD roulette but not really sure. There are options on the ww including Howard, Brate, Jonnu Smith, Hockensen, Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

Debating myself...

A skill that shouldn't take long to master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

 

So is Gould....fire up your McLaughlin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ehlana said:

Not sure what I wanna do. I think I'm going to sit Kittle and play TE TD roulette but not really sure. There are options on the ww including Howard, Brate, Jonnu Smith, Hockensen, Cook.

I don’t know why, but I just have a feeling that J Smith might have a good game, he’s the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

Debating myself....currently have Cook but have the option of Howard, Doyle, or Gesicki

Of this group I like mr Cook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Kittle needs to sit.......get healthy for the "stretch run".......(and the AZ Cards next week......yippee)    !!!

yep....thats what it looks like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

Debating myself....currently have Cook but have the option of Howard, Doyle, or Gesicki

Going with Gesicki off the waiver wire for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with Dwelley. He looked decent to me last week, with 4 receptions in limited playing time. It was b/t Hollister and Dwelley for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

I'm going with Dwelley. He looked decent to me last week, with 4 receptions in limited playing time. It was b/t Hollister and Dwelley for me.

I had the same choice and initially went with Hollister because I think SF is going to rely even more on their run game with Coleman and Breida, and that Dwelley would be an after thought.

Then Jared Cook became available in my league and I picked him up instead and dropped Hollister.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I had the same choice and initially went with Hollister because I think SF is going to rely even more on their run game with Coleman and Breida, and that Dwelley would be an after thought.

Then Jared Cook became available in my league and I picked him up instead and dropped Hollister.

Well, now the issue for me is wondering if I should have Coleman in my lineup (he was benched for his 40 point outburst, and then started for is 6 point explosion 🙄) or if I should start Christian Kirk, which I'm itching to do (other WRs are Julio and Godwin). I know SEA isn't what they used to be, but it feels like roulette playing the Coleman/Breida game. 

Either that, or sit Marlon Mack or Jacobs, and I can't see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, now the issue for me is wondering if I should have Coleman in my lineup (he was benched for his 40 point outburst, and then started for is 6 point explosion 🙄) or if I should start Christian Kirk, which I'm itching to do (other WRs are Julio and Godwin). I know SEA isn't what they used to be, but it feels like roulette playing the Coleman/Breida game. 

Either that, or sit Marlon Mack or Jacobs, and I can't see that.

Well, if it were me, I would be starting Coleman.  I believe SEA is pretty bad - or at best mediocre - against RBs.  I'm not big on Christian Kirk at all because that ARI offense isn't very good.  I think your other WR can cover just fine.

Yeah, and I would definitely NOT be sitting Mack or Jacobs.

But, keep in mind, now that I've said all this the EXACT opposite will probably happen. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, if it were me, I would be starting Coleman.  I believe SEA is pretty bad - or at best mediocre - against RBs.  I'm not big on Christian Kirk at all because that ARI offense isn't very good.  I think your other WR can cover just fine.

Yeah, and I would definitely NOT be sitting Mack or Jacobs.

But, keep in mind, now that I've said all this the EXACT opposite will probably happen. :)

Well, Mack is the only consideration, as Jacobs already put up 20 v LAC on TNF, but I have that same opposite problem. I've had both Coleman AND Godwin on the bench when they put up their 40burgers.  :wall:

One other item of note: it's a PPR league, and TB is able to defend RBs, but not WRs - and I think ARI can score a ton in the air against them. I THINK IIRC that its the highest projected point output of the weekend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, Mack is the only consideration, as Jacobs already put up 20 v LAC on TNF, but I have that same opposite problem. I've had both Coleman AND Godwin on the bench when they put up their 40burgers.  :wall:

One other item of note: it's a PPR league, and TB is able to defend RBs, but not WRs - and I think ARI can score a ton in the air against them. I THINK IIRC that its the highest projected point output of the weekend. 

So, I hope you didn't take my advice about Christian Kirk.  I'm really, really bad at this FF thing.  :doh:

I benched Daniel Jones today for Josh Allen too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So, I hope you didn't take my advice about Christian Kirk.  I'm really, really bad at this FF thing.  :doh:

I benched Daniel Jones today for Josh Allen too. 

Oh, he's on my bench. :mad: :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Oh, he's on my bench. :mad: :wall:

If it makes you feel any better, that is exactly how my entire season has been going too.  I haven't even been able to predict anything correctly this year as far as FF is concerned.

Most of my FF points have been on my bench this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

If it makes you feel any better, that is exactly how my entire season has been going too.  I haven't even been able to predict anything correctly this year as far as FF is concerned.

Well, I'm still leading my league as a result of a solid lineup with really good depth, but I'm getting stung with having difficulty selecting my starting lineup - and I just traded McLaurin, McCoy and Olson for Kittle.  And now we know what happened to Kittle.  

I should be 16-2 instead of 14-4. We'll see if this decision costs me this week. It's close.

 

:wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, I'm still leading my league as a result of a solid lineup with really good depth, but I'm getting stung with having difficulty selecting my starting lineup - and I just traded McLaurin, McCoy and Olson for Kittle.  And now we know what happened to Kittle.  

I should be 16-2 instead of 14-4. We'll see if this decision costs me this week. It's close.

 

:wall:

I also had Ertz and I traded him for Devanta Freemen (need RB help) last week AFTER it was reported Kittle would be fine.  So not only does Kittle NOT play, Freeman got injured today and was out the entire 2nd half.  :doh:

I f'n hate this game sometimes.  :)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I also had Ertz and I traded him for Devanta Freemen (need RB help) last week AFTER it was reported Kittle would be fine.  So not only does Kittle NOT play, Freeman got injured today and was out the entire 2nd half.  :doh:

I f'n hate this game sometimes.  :)

Yikes. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started Hokenson in one league, which looked like a complete bust for a bit, but he ended with 3/47 for 7.7 pts.  Starting Witten in another.  Wasn't risking going into Monday with no options.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update - Apparently Shanahan is backtracking on his statement that Kittle won't play... although it's still likely he's going to be inactive...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praying this is just a bone bruise contusion thing, not anything ligament wise. The MRI supposedly came back clean. The injury happened Halloween and if he sits out this week and plays SNF vs Packers that will be around 25 days of rest/rehab/therapy whatever. 

Sure hope this doesn't turn into a Davante thing. Need him for playoffs full go week 14. fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Gawd.....he comes back in to play October 31st after the injury and still is out. geez. 24 days off since injury. Looks like a Davante thing.....this stinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×