Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Favorite playlist/station

Folks have mentioned this in various other threads so I figured I'd start a thread to consolidate the favorite playlists/stations that my fellow geeks listen to on streaming services.

For me I listen to the "Progressive Metal" playlist on Spotify.  Works great in the background while working.  If a particular song or group catches my attention I'll then go check them out.

What are yours? 

XM Radio 

Channel 39

Channel 58

Sirius XM channel 36 and 37.

36 is Alt Nation and what I will listen to when my wife is in the vehicle, it is new alt rock.

37 is Octane and it is new hard rock and what i prefer to listen to on my commute.

(Satellite radio)  For music, I only listen to Billy Joel radio.  Other than that, I only listen to MLB, NFL, and Fantasy Sports radio.  I will listen to some of the comedy channels from time to time.

I have Sirius but lately have been making up my own stations on Alexa. One of my favs I made up is Steely Dan Station. Lots of old 70's rock.

My Sirius, I got it when they were about to go bankrupt and they were selling lifetime subscriptions. I bought one for the hell of it for $400. They stopped offering it shortly after the merger with XM. Amazing deal. In another 12 years that will be about $1 a year for a Sirius subscription lol! 

Depends on activity and mood.

For daily commute: morning-> sports radio; afternoon-> pandora train, or rolling stones

While i am cooking: ratpack or french cafe

weekends: morning-> french cafe

when i am grilling: laid back beach music (jimmy buffet, reggae, etc)

My top Pandora stations:

Dio radio

Megadeth radio

80s Throwback (90s Comeback) radio

My Tool station plays almost nothing but grunge. :dunno:

Really depends. I’ll listen to 60s on 6, 70s on 7, etc. Channel 2,3,4,9,10,11,12,13, 32-38, etc. I get full use of mine cause I’ll listen to pretty much any genre depending on my mood. Don’t really listen to talk shows that much cause I’d rather listen to music