Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

12 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Oh good, perhaps now we can put to rest the fraud you've been pushing about Omicron being deadlier than the prior strains, which you've done several times here.  Tough to keep track of your lies when you lie all the time.

Lol not even going to admit you can’t read?

I’m not contradicting anything, you must be confusing me with many in the GC’s conflicting statements such as blaming all deaths on the vax but none on Covid.  I’ve always said that Omicron was “not mild” for those WITHOUT PRIOR IMMUNITY (via infection or vaccination), but it was the widespread immunity which made it seem mild and thus resulted in more incidental infections. And of course it’s still the majority at 2/3 of deaths having Covid as the underlying cause since 2022, just not 90%+ like in 2020 and 2021.

The NY Times was only “admitting” a fact that became true in 2022, it wasn’t always true, no matter how many Jimmy Dore videos you people watch.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Tim,

Did the Gates Foundation give you a list of Twitter users and the dates of their tweets that you can so easily pull up and post on this site?  Did you tell Bill himself that your efforts here have been a massive failure?

No I’m a “free thinker.”

I am a little sad it seems I wasn’t able to change many minds in here, but when I first started posting in the GC I didn’t realize the extent of the groupthink that is present. It’s a little scary TBH.

But I do/did enjoy proving you all (especially you) wrong so often in this thread though.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not contradicting anything, you must be confusing me with many in the GC’s conflicting statements such as blaming all deaths on the vax but none on Covid.  I’ve always said that Omicron was “not mild” for those WITHOUT PRIOR IMMUNITY (via infection or vaccination), but it was the widespread immunity which made it seem mild and thus resulted in more incidental infections. And of course it’s still the majority at 2/3 of deaths having Covid as the underlying cause since 2022, just not 90%+ like in 2020 and 2021.

The NY Times was only “admitting” a fact that became true in 2022, it wasn’t always true, no matter how many Jimmy Dore videos you people watch.

It was always true. Tons of deaths with Covid not because of Covid the entire time. Why lie?? Follow the money for focks sake 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It was always true. Tons of deaths with Covid not because of Covid the entire time. Why lie?? Follow the money for focks sake 

What caused all the excess deaths then?  Especially in the south in fall 2021 where you can’t attempt to blame vaccines, lockdowns or ventilators.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Tim,

You are on record here stating that Omicron was deadly, full-stop.  In reality, Omicron was mild like a cold, full-stop.  Look at the graph you posted and tell me when Omicron was prevalent?  Because at the same time you were trying to stretch Delta into Omicron territory (time of prevalence) and blaming Delta for deaths at that time, which you are also on record as doing several times.  Now you're trying to add "I've always said that Omicron was mild for those without prior immunity" while you've also claimed that Omicron was deadly, without qualification.  Sorry, Tim, you're only saying that now and you're denying objective reality and changing your tune to try salvage any credibility you think you have left.  You don't have any credibility left.

The graph you posted shows that when Omicron hit, hospitalizations for Covid go down.  That is because:  1)  Omicron was mild and 2)  Omicron squeezed out the other strains. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

No I’m a “free thinker.”

I am a little sad it seems I wasn’t able to change many minds in here, but when I first started posting in the GC I didn’t realize the extent of the groupthink that is present. It’s a little scary TBH.

But I do/did enjoy proving you all (especially you) wrong so often in this thread though.

You're not a free-thinker; you're carrying the water for someone else.  Who appointed you to try to "change minds" here?  Why do you always have some kind of Twitter post at the immediate ready to respond to a poster here?  This is not normal and implies some kind of paid arrangement.

You've contradicted yourself so many times and been shown wrong so many times that you now only serve as a punching bag.  What delusions are you under where you think you're proving people wrong?  Why continue the charade when no one believes you?  This is a neurotic and pathological obsession that you should try to rid yourself of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Tim,

You are on record here stating that Omicron was deadly, full-stop.  In reality, Omicron was mild like a cold, full-stop.  Look at the graph you posted and tell me when Omicron was prevalent?  Because at the same time you were trying to stretch Delta into Omicron territory (time of prevalence) and blaming Delta for deaths at that time, which you are also on record as doing several times.  Now you're trying to add "I've always said that Omicron was mild for those without prior immunity" while you've also claimed that Omicron was deadly, without qualification.  Sorry, Tim, you're only saying that now and you're denying objective reality and changing your tune to try salvage any credibility you think you have left.  You don't have any credibility left.

The graph you posted shows that when Omicron hit, hospitalizations for Covid go down.  That is because:  1)  Omicron was mild and 2)  Omicron squeezed out the other strains. 

You really don’t know how to read graphs do you?  It only showed the PERCENTAGE of hospitalizations “for”Covid, not the total number.

Once again, two things can be true simultaneously here:

1. Omicron may have been more mild than other strains.

2. Omicron was not mild in general.

Even if it was more mild than other strains (particularly Delta), it still caused deaths because it was much more contagious.  You continuing to say nonsense like “Omicron is like a cold” is 100% false.

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

You're not a free-thinker; you're carrying the water for someone else.  Who appointed you to try to "change minds" here? 

My mother in law (under 70), who almost died from Covid in March 2020.  That is why I took Covid seriously.

37 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You really don’t know how to read graphs do you?  It only showed the PERCENTAGE of hospitalizations “for”Covid, not the total number.

Once again, two things can be true simultaneously here:

1. Omicron may have been more mild than other strains.

2. Omicron was not mild in general.

Even if it was more mild than other strains (particularly Delta), it still caused deaths because it was much more contagious.  You continuing to say nonsense like “Omicron is like a cold” is 100% false.

Tim,

This is more casuistry from you.  I said nothing about the total hospitalizations, though if Omicron was so deadly we could expect that number to be going up, right?  And if we could expect that number to be going up, we would expect the percentage to be going up accordingly, too.  But it wasn't, the percentage was actually going down.

Now you're trying to say "well it was much more contagious" while contradicting your point about people having immunity gained from either the vaxx or having Covid already from your post above.  This is the problem; you say contradictory things, get caught in saying contradictory things and then try to change the parameters (goalposts) after you've been caught.  Omicron 100% was as mild as a cold.  Refer back to the Hong Kong study you posted which confirms Omicron really only affected the very elderly, which many common illnesses like cold and flu also do.

40 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

My mother in law (under 70), who almost died from Covid in March 2020.  That is why I took Covid seriously.

I don't know about your mother-in-law, Tim, but you don't really provide any reasons why I or anyone else should believe you.  Let's assume that's true, though.  This causes you to launch into some kind of crusade to vaxx the Geek Club and have all these Tweets and other studies at your fingertips ready to reply to posters here?  Sorry, I don't buy that.

On 7/21/2023 at 3:10 PM, TimHauck said:

Would need some more information.   I assume you’re implying they tested negative?  How many times were they tested?  How long did they have symptoms before being tested?  Many Covid deaths occurred after the person no longer actually had the virus.

So your theory is that hospitals across the country all changed how they recorded covid as the cause of death all at the same time?  No, Omicron happened which caused more incidental deaths, which was literally called out as a reason in that study (and by the NYT).   It also caused more incidental hospitalizations as well, which of course has nothing to do with death certificates.

She never tested positive for covid.  She was in the hospital for 4 days before she passed and tested negative 4 times in the hospital.  

My theory is more along the lines of during Alpha and Delta people were scared of anything covid related.  We didn't understand it and associated everything bad happening with covid.  You couldn't cough in the office without someone asking you if you had covid or even forcing you to leave for the day.  So in those days I believe hospitals were very quick to associate anything respiratory to covid.  They were also funded better when a patient enters covid treatment protocol.  Like you even said a death 30 days after having covid was a covid death because it "due to complications from covid".  We don't know this is even true, just how the numbers are recorded.

Now because everything since Omicron is universally considered "mild", the doctors are not putting a covid diagnosis in the same dangerous category they once did and that is surely affecting covid death rates and diagnosis.  Today someone who shows "all the signs of covid" wouldn't be considered a covid death.  

We scared ourselves over what we didn't know and lumped everything into covid and perpetuated the cycle of being scared of it.  That surely resulted in overcounting covid deaths and now that we understand it better, I think hospitals are finally using the nuance they should have been from the start. 

Fully Jabbed and double boosted Sen.  Durbin said he has tested positive for COVID-19 for the third time in 12 months.

Thankful for all those shots because it could have been worse without them. 

8 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Fully Jabbed and double boosted Sen.  Durbin said he has tested positive for COVID-19 for the third time in 12 months.

Thankful for all those shots because it could have been worse without them. 

Thank God the vaccinated can't spread it to others. 

4 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Tim,

This is more casuistry from you.  I said nothing about the total hospitalizations, though if Omicron was so deadly we could expect that number to be going up, right?  And if we could expect that number to be going up, we would expect the percentage to be going up accordingly, too.  But it wasn't, the percentage was actually going down.

Now you're trying to say "well it was much more contagious" while contradicting your point about people having immunity gained from either the vaxx or having Covid already from your post above.  This is the problem; you say contradictory things, get caught in saying contradictory things and then try to change the parameters (goalposts) after you've been caught.  Omicron 100% was as mild as a cold.  Refer back to the Hong Kong study you posted which confirms Omicron really only affected the very elderly, which many common illnesses like cold and flu also do.

You said “The graph you posted shows that when Omicron hit, hospitalizations for Covid go down.”

Did you mean to say the THE PERCENTAGE of hospitalizations for Covid?  Otherwise, it reads as you saying something about total hospitalizations previously.

But clearly you really don’t know how math works. I hope you’re just pretending to be this stupid.  Even if total hospitalizations went up (compared to when?), that is mutually exclusive from the percentage of those that were “not primarily for Covid.”  For example throughout all of 2020 and 2021 the percentage stayed consistent around 90% despite the rising and falling of various Covid waves.  Once again, it wasn’t until 2022 when the number dropped.

What is contradictory about saying Omicron was much more contagious but also that a lot of people that got it already had immunity?   In fact they are complimentary points, as Omicron was really the first time we saw significant reinfections, as natural immunity became no longer effective against infection the same time the vaccine became no longer effective against infection (side note - remember when @lod001 and Peter McCullough said it was impossible to be reinfected?  Good times).   But, while no longer effective against infection, both natural and vaccine immunity were still effective against hospitalization and death, hence the falling case fatality rate.

Everything is relative, although comparing to a cold (or even the flu) is, again, 100% wrong.  Even the earlier strains, including Delta, “really only effected the elderly,” depending on how we define “really only.”  Even if the death rate was 0.01% or whatever for youngish/middle ages, that can still result in a significant increase in deaths among ages that typically don’t have many deaths.  Which is exactly what happened particularly with Delta in fall 2021.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

I don't know about your mother-in-law, Tim, but you don't really provide any reasons why I or anyone else should believe you.  Let's assume that's true, though.  This causes you to launch into some kind of crusade to vaxx the Geek Club and have all these Tweets and other studies at your fingertips ready to reply to posters here?  Sorry, I don't buy that.

I’m a data driven guy, so I like to use facts to back up my opinions.  Tweets are helpful because they typically can get the point across without the person needing to click on a separate link, and I know most people here are lazy.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

She never tested positive for covid.  She was in the hospital for 4 days before she passed and tested negative 4 times in the hospital.  

Based on this information, you didn’t answer the most important question.  How many days did she have symptoms before being tested for the first time?  Like I said previously, it typically takes around 20 or so days from infection to death.  If she died after only 4 days in the hospital, that suggests she could have been infected up to two weeks or so earlier.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Based on this information, you didn’t answer the most important question.  How many days did she have symptoms before being tested for the first time?  Like I said previously, it typically takes around 20 or so days from infection to death.  If she died after only 4 days in the hospital, that suggests she could have been infected up to two weeks or so earlier.

She was feeling sick for several days before she went to the hospital. She was also in her 80s, so not a picture of health. 

But the point remains that someone with symptoms of covid who dies while testing negative isn't a covid death in 2023.  

2 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

She was feeling sick for several days before she went to the hospital. She was also in her 80s, so not a picture of health. 

But the point remains that someone with symptoms of covid who dies while testing negative isn't a covid death in 2023.  

Those killed by remdesivir and the ventilators are not covid deaths either. That's most deaths in hospitals, especially after the virus weakened, which was rather quickly.

2 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

I’m not sure this is true, would likely depend on the opinion of the doctors.  I don’t see why doctors still wouldn’t do this if symptoms were consistent with Covid and they also tested negative for other illnesses, especially if they were seeing a spike in Covid cases.

I think you’re hanging onto a specific example that likely “wasn’t widespread” though.  Not sure if I already asked you this, but I’d ask you the same question I asked @RaiderHaters Revenge:

What caused all the excess deaths then?  Especially in the south in fall 2021 where you can’t attempt to blame vaccines, lockdowns or ventilators (or remdesivir, thanks for the reminder lod)

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not sure this is true, would likely depend on the opinion of the doctors.  I don’t see why doctors still wouldn’t do this if symptoms were consistent with Covid and they also tested negative for other illnesses, especially if they were seeing a spike in Covid cases.

I think you’re hanging onto a specific example that likely “wasn’t widespread” though.  Not sure if I already asked you this, but I’d ask you the same question I asked @RaiderHaters Revenge:

What caused all the excess deaths then?  Especially in the south in fall 2021 where you can’t attempt to blame vaccines, lockdowns or ventilators (or remdesivir, thanks for the reminder lod)

covid caused them but its not like every single year is the same, covid sped up the process of people who would have died in other years from heart disease and respiratory conditions, but like I said, most were with covid, not cause of covid, nobody died only of covid by the cdc's own numbers. 2.4 comorbidities on avg

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why can't you blame vaccines or the lock down for those?

29 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Why can't you blame vaccines or the lock down for those?

Total excess deaths (not just Covid deaths) during the Delta wave were highest in the south, which had the least lockdowns and lowest vaccination rates.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Total excess deaths (not just Covid deaths) during the Delta wave were highest in the south, which had the least lockdowns and lowest vaccination rates.

No. You are wrong. Flu deaths went way down. It was glorious. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

No. You are wrong. Flu deaths went way down. It was glorious. 

Annual flu deaths in the US are 50k max.  Covid was about 7x that.

Also, flu went away even in places that had minimal Covid, such as New Zealand and Australia.  We were still testing for flu, it really did go away.  You’re wrong, per usual.

Just now, TimHauck said:

Annual flu deaths in the US are 50k max.  Covid was about 7x that.

Also, flu went away even in places that had minimal Covid, such as New Zealand and Australia.  We were still testing for flu, it really did go away.  You’re wrong, per usual.

Yeah, flu went down, reporting covid went way up.

😆

Yeah, flu went down, reporting covid went way up.

😆

Not in Australia and New Zealand for much of 2020 and 2021 (Covid going up that is)

Just now, TimHauck said:

Not in Australia and New Zealand for much of 2020 and 2021 (Covid going up that is)

😆 And Trump was xenophobic and the fake vaccines worked. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

😆 And Trump was xenophobic and the fake vaccines worked. 

The vaccines did work.  Thanks Trump!

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The vaccines did work.  Thanks Trump!

Show me Trump's official orders that people need to get the chinese flu shots or lose their jobs. 

Show me Trump's official orders that people need to get the chinese flu shots or lose their jobs. 

Correct he didn’t mandate them which was good.  But he enabled them to be approved faster and saved many lives.

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wasn't that during summer? What are the historic averages for that time of year?  

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Correct he didn’t mandate them which was good.  But he enabled them to be approved faster and saved many lives.

That is an initial reaction in a time of crisis. It's kind of like going to war right? Then you figure it out.

I think we've all been there in a lesser sense.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

covid caused them but its not like every single year is the same, covid sped up the process of people who would have died in other years from heart disease and respiratory conditions, but like I said, most were with covid, not cause of covid, nobody died only of covid by the cdc's own numbers. 2.4 comorbidities on avg

Most people that die of any cause have multiple comorbidities.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Most people that die of any cause have multiple comorbidities.

Getting hit by a bus or being shot by some dude in a liberal run city? ? What are those stats of comorbidities.