Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

GC Fantasy Nascar

29 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

NASCAR announced they hope to get fired back up in May at Martinsville.  The plan is to run all 36 races, schedule TBA.

Going to have to run some doubleheaders to do that. Might be fun. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I've had iRacing for 5-6 years now, it isn't as expensive as people make it sound. If you want all the tracks and all the cars (from off road trucks to Sprint cars and everything in between) it'll cost you around $1,250, but no one does that and most just focus on one or two different series and it's around $15 per series.  There is also a monthly sub which is around $13 now. Once you have all the content that you will use you only have to pay the monthly sub. You will need a wheel and not a controller, it's way to hardcore of a sim to use a pad you'd just spin out every lap. You can get a decent Logitech for $250ish. For a PC youll want something in the price range of $500-$750 minimum, but iR is pretty well optimized and can run on older PCs with the graphics turned down.

I watched a couple guys on twitch with different setups. 

guy 1 was playing on what looked like a regular tv/monitor and he has to hit a button to see out of his door windows. 

guy 2 had 3 monitor/TVs set up and could always see out if his sides. 

how much is a guy 2 setup going to cost me?

54 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I watched a couple guys on twitch with different setups. 

guy 1 was playing on what looked like a regular tv/monitor and he has to hit a button to see out of his door windows. 

guy 2 had 3 monitor/TVs set up and could always see out if his sides. 

how much is a guy 2 setup going to cost me?

For 3 monitors you'll need a computer with a stronger video card. Minimum 1070ti. For a single you can get away with any decent video card made the last 5-6 years at decent graphic settings. How much are you trying to spend?

Who's stream did you watch?

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

For 3 monitors you'll need a computer with a stronger video card. Minimum 1070ti. For a single you can get away with any decent video card made the last 5-6 years at decent graphic settings. How much are you trying to spend?

Who's stream did you watch?

The steam was some foreign tongued motherfuckker that surprised me was racing NASCAR. I thought those guys liked formula one. 

Moneywise, I don’t really care. Being in Ohio with bars shutdown my options are guns or video games and I don’t need anymore guns. I would spend $3k to get set up 

11 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

The steam was some foreign tongued motherfuckker that surprised me was racing NASCAR. I thought those guys liked formula one. 

Moneywise, I don’t really care. Being in Ohio with bars shutdown my options are guns or video games and I don’t need anymore guns. I would spend $3k to get set up 

Was it the Xfinity car by chance? There's a Spaniard named Miguel that races them all the time.

Are you wanting to test the waters and see if you like it first?

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

:thumbsup:

On 3/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Was it the Xfinity car by chance? There's a Spaniard named Miguel that races them all the time.

Are you wanting to test the waters and see if you like it first?

I'm not sure how much more testing I would need. I have a steering wheel and NASCAR Heat 3 and 4 for xbox one. Played older NASCAR games on xbox 360 with a wheel. I'm ready to dive in. I'm not leaving my house for atleast 2 months - I need something to do

15 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I'm not sure how much more testing I would need. I have a steering wheel and NASCAR Heat 3 and 4 for xbox one. Played older NASCAR games on xbox 360 with a wheel. I'm ready to dive in. I'm not leaving my house for atleast 2 months - I need something to do

Alright. I would dive in with something like this.

PC:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-RGB-GAMING-PC-Intel-i7-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-8GB-1TB-RGB-WIFI-VR-Ready-/184209533191

Not that exact one but similar specs and price range. $500-$700

Monitor:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/144hz-gaming-monitors

Any 144hz+ monitor in your price range and I'd say minimum 23 inches 

If you want to in the future upgrade to 3 monitors that PC I posted can handle it.

Wheel:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/driving/driving-force-racing-wheel.html

Either G920 or G29

Pedals:

You can either use the stock pedals that come with the G920 or G29 but you definitely need a load cell kit if you do:

https://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Upgrade_Kit_for_Logitech_Pedals_p/rmt-lc27.htm

If you don't and you want the load cell built into the pedals (which I recommend) get these (same as what I have):

https://fanatec.com/us-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3

Load cell kits are very important. Without it your brake pedal will have no resistance as you apply more pressure. Imagine the trigger button on an Xbox controller but for your foot. A load cell gives you more resistance as you apply pressure and makes it way easier to be accurate. It's a must.

That's all you need other than the iR sub.

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Alright. I would dive in with something like this.

PC:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-RGB-GAMING-PC-Intel-i7-Gaming-PC-GTX-1060-8GB-1TB-RGB-WIFI-VR-Ready-/184209533191

Not that exact one but similar specs and price range. $500-$700

Monitor:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/144hz-gaming-monitors

Any 144hz+ monitor in your price range and I'd say minimum 23 inches 

If you want to in the future upgrade to 3 monitors that PC I posted can handle it.

Wheel:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/driving/driving-force-racing-wheel.html

Either G920 or G29

Pedals:

You can either use the stock pedals that come with the G920 or G29 but you definitely need a load cell kit if you do:

https://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Upgrade_Kit_for_Logitech_Pedals_p/rmt-lc27.htm

If you don't and you want the load cell built into the pedals (which I recommend) get these (same as what I have):

https://fanatec.com/us-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3

Load cell kits are very important. Without it your brake pedal will have no resistance as you apply more pressure. Imagine the trigger button on an Xbox controller but for your foot. A load cell gives you more resistance as you apply pressure and makes it way easier to be accurate. It's a must.

That's all you need other than the iR sub.

Thank you, sir. I’m going to have to research my abilities to acquire these items in a timely fashion. I have the patience of a 5 year old and was very bummed out about what I saw with amazon today and their focus on what they call essentials. 

6 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I’m bored as hell. Are they putting this stuff on twitch so you can watch? If so who’s stream is it on?

19 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I’m bored as hell. Are they putting this stuff on twitch so you can watch? If so who’s stream is it on?

It'll be on twitch for sure. I thought it would be on TV too? I mean NASCAR does have the time slot and they televised a view iR races last year, I'm just assuming though 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It'll be on twitch for sure. I thought it would be on TV too? I mean NASCAR does have the time slot and they televised a view iR races last year, I'm just assuming though 

I know how to watch the actual race. I was asking if these practice sessions were live. I’m so goddddamn bored I would like to watch those too. 

17 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

I know how to watch the actual race. I was asking if these practice sessions were live. I’m so goddddamn bored I would like to watch those too. 

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but IMSA is doing their race with pro drivers. Starting shortly.

http://www.twitch.tv/iracing

IndyCar is also doing a race with their drivers on iR as well, don't know the details yet though 

18 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

Alcoholism will increase.

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Alcoholism will increase.

I don’t drink that much anymore, but I currently have a batch of mash fermenting as we speak. I’m going to run a few batches of moonshine this week in the event they stop selling alcohol. I plan on making a fortune. 

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

If you're not by a TV here's a link to watch

twitch.tv/gotocent

It says I need a time machine.  I don't have a time machine.  :angry:

eta:  Working now.  I'm absolutely amazed by how real this looks.

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

i racing is pretty bad.  :lol:

Nah there's about ten of them out there right now that are sh!t, go watch one of the pro races they commonly go green the entire race.

That was exciting.  How many amateurs were in this race?  Must be pretty awesome for those guys to experience racing on TV with actual NASCAR drivers.  NASCAR is pretty smart for doing this.  

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Nah there's about ten of them out there right now that are sh!t, go watch one of the pro races they commonly go green the entire race.

This. I’ve watch a handful of races go without single caution for over 100 laps. Jimmie Johnson was having technical issues that caused a wreck or 7 and you could tell some of the guys has never focked with this before. Hopefully they get back to real racing soon, but if this goes on for a little while, I imagine the driving will improve. 

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Race is starting up right now on Fox.  Bristol.  

A lot better than week 1, still gotta get rid of the quick repairs though 

Obviously blue-emu doesn't want winners, because that ain't Bubba...

Aaaaand its instant  publicity for Blu-Emu 

7 hours ago, fandandy said:

I never knew there was a black NASCAR driver.

Technically there isn’t. He is the shittiest driver in the series. 

• Like 1