Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

GC Fantasy Nascar

Stenhouse in my garage

Unoffial after Phoenix.  Lager with another big week to extend lead.  Check my math.

Lager 757

Fireballers731

LOD 710

90s 707

5pts 693

Strike 681

Dogleg 655

Fandandy 647

Posty 646

NoSpk 604

Honcho 581

Hard Right 316 

I had a 20 point lead on everyone till the inevitable 10 cautions that always come out at the end of the race 😡

46 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Unoffial after Phoenix.  Lager with another big week to extend lead.  Check my math.

Lager 757

Fireballers731

LOD 710

90s 707

5pts 693

Strike 681

Dogleg 655

Fandandy 647

Posty 646

NoSpk 604

Honcho 581

Hard Right 316 

"We're gainin' on 'em"  

25 minutes ago, posty said:

Heading to where I belong...

Yeah, you totally suck, man.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, posty said:

Heading to where I belong...

It's a loooong season. Don't count yourself out just yet. :thumbsup:

Just found out June 27-28 is a doubleheader. Fast turnaround on setting lineups 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Just found out June 27-28 is a doubleheader. Fast turnaround on setting lineups 

I was skeptical about that when the 2020 schedule came out.  I guess they wanted to avoid pulling a race from Pocono.  Also wont seem right with Daytona in August and Indy July 4th weekend.  

14 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I was skeptical about that when the 2020 schedule came out.  I guess they wanted to avoid pulling a race from Pocono.  Also wont seem right with Daytona in August and Indy July 4th weekend.  

I'm not a big fan of the night race at Bristol being bumped back to late September either. 

25 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

As of now we're still good for this weekend 

For heaven's sake, the one thing they could do without a crowd is NASCAR.  Let's hope they don't cancel this.  It would give ppl one thing to watch.

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

For heaven's sake, the one thing they could do without a crowd is NASCAR.  Let's hope they don't cancel this.  It would give ppl one thing to watch.

I think they are still letting people attend the race as well. None of the driver's or crew have it as far as I know and NASCAR doesn't seem worried about it. Interesting contrast compared to the NBA, MLS or the NFL.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I think they are still letting people attend the race as well. None of the driver's or crew have it as far as I know and NASCAR doesn't seem worried about it. Interesting contrast compared to the NBA, MLS or the NFL.

Racing without fans at Atlanta and Homestead. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nascar/news/coronavirus-nascar-will-hold-races-at-atlanta-homestead-without-fans-amid-outbreak-concerns/

• Like 1

Personally I think they should follow the rest of the US sports world and suspend for a while...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Personally I think they should follow the rest of the US sports world and suspend for a while...

I think the Atlanta race will happen but Homestead will get canceled next week, it's gonna be nasty in South Florida in a few weeks

Closest thing NASCAR has to a chinaman is the 43 car and I would support banning him if need be. 

Keep racing!!!!

• Haha 1

:wall:

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

We need to do that poker.   

We can play at sportsbetting.ag - Its the only site available in the US that isn't anonymous. 

33 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

We can play at sportsbetting.ag - Its the only site available in the US that isn't anonymous. 

So Hawkeye reported you?

I joined on week 3. Came in last. I only made picks once ( didn’t change my lineup) I must have been bored as fock because I can’t stand nascar

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I joined on week 3. Came in last. I only made picks once ( didn’t change my lineup) I must have been bored as fock because I can’t stand nascar

The mystery is over...

7 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

So Hawkeye reported you?

Somebody did. Got a whole godddamn year. 

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:huh:

I just caught that too.  I'm scrolling up thinking, what? 

Another mystery solved.

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I just caught that too.  I'm scrolling up thinking, what? 

Another mystery solved.

I don't want to blow up the guy's spot. Should I delete my post? 

ETA: Deletored

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I don't want to blow up the guy's spot. Should I delete my post? 

ETA: Deletored

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

:thumbsup:

Of course, if he doesn't catch it himself it won't matter that I deleted my post. :lol:

17 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Of course, if he doesn't catch it himself it won't matter that I deleted my post. :lol:

I hate when I miss the joke.   

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I hate when I miss the joke.   

A cursory review of this page should suffice to get you caught up. :thumbsup:

its either something about a ban or something about me never mentioning i joined this as hard right

Apparently NASCAR is in talks with iRacing and planning on hosting some races on there with the Cup drivers. That would be pretty cool to see.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the Sim and IRL:

16 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Apparently NASCAR is in talks with iRacing and planning on hosting some races on there with the Cup drivers. That would be pretty cool to see.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the Sim and IRL:

They did this yesterday. Dale Jr, Byron, Wallace, Algier, and some crew members raced. Ryan Blaney's spotter won. 

3 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

They did this yesterday. Dale Jr, Byron, Wallace, Algier, and some crew members raced. Ryan Blaney's spotter won. 

Yep here is the video:

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/iracing/watch-williams-byron-battle-for-lead-in-replacements-100/

I heard they are doing a more official one in the future with more cup drivers but not sure how true it is.

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yep here is the video:

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/iracing/watch-williams-byron-battle-for-lead-in-replacements-100/

I heard they are doing a more official one in the future with more cup drivers but not sure how true it is.

Watching that has me ready to drop some cash to play this. Any idea how much I would have to spend to get a gaming PC and steering wheel setup?

33 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Watching that has me ready to drop some cash to play this. Any idea how much I would have to spend to get a gaming PC and steering wheel setup?

I've had iRacing for 5-6 years now, it isn't as expensive as people make it sound. If you want all the tracks and all the cars (from off road trucks to Sprint cars and everything in between) it'll cost you around $1,250, but no one does that and most just focus on one or two different series and it's around $15 per series.  There is also a monthly sub which is around $13 now. Once you have all the content that you will use you only have to pay the monthly sub. You will need a wheel and not a controller, it's way to hardcore of a sim to use a pad you'd just spin out every lap. You can get a decent Logitech for $250ish. For a PC youll want something in the price range of $500-$750 minimum, but iR is pretty well optimized and can run on older PCs with the graphics turned down.

NASCAR announced they hope to get fired back up in May at Martinsville.  The plan is to run all 36 races, schedule TBA.