Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Snorkeling in the ocean

The last event of my 10 days in Florida( besides drinking and grilling tonight).   Had never done that before, tops the wave-runners, flying and air boats in the Everglades.   Saw 1000's of tropical fish, still processing it.   Also processing the 3 jellyfish stings, but if that's the price it's been worth it.  

I visit Mom & brother every year, but it being unseasonably warm has made this the best trip ever.   Gotta go, it's beer-thirty.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

The last event of my 10 days in Florida( besides drinking and grilling tonight).   Had never done that before, tops the wave-runners, flying and air boats in the Everglades.   Saw 1000's of tropical fish, still processing it.   Also processing the 3 jellyfish stings, but if that's the price it's been worth it.  

I visit Mom & brother every year, but it being unseasonably warm has made this the best trip ever.   Gotta go, it's beer-thirty.   

I was lucky enough to go see the Great Barrier Reef last year. I have snorkeled in a few places but this was really amazing. It's too bad it is dying.

• Like 1

Did that on my honeymoon in Mexico.  Supposedly it was the 2nd largest coral reef in the world.  I absolutely fell in love with it but have never done it since.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Done it quite a few times. Last time I did it was On my honeymoon in Jamaica. Did day snorkeling then night snorkeling. Highly recommend both. You see different fish at night. 

• Like 1

parents started me young.  have loved it as far back that i can remember.  after college got certified for scuba with my wife.  at the time she was a marine biologist and could identify everything in the pacific.  daughter caught the bug when we snorkeled with mantas off of the big island in 15 (my profile pic is from that snorkeling trip).  

she is 13 now and i am urging her to learn how to scuba.  she is a strong swimmer, but is a little scared.

• Like 1

Wife and I are going to Tahiti the end of March. Looking forward to snorkeling. Not looking forward to being bit by a shark, but if that’s the price of admission, so be it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Adolph’s meat tenderizer was the magic elixir when I got stung by a jellyfish many years ago, it was at  Virginia Beach. There is probably a way more expensive remedy  now

• Thanks 1

all you tards worried about being eaten by a shark while snorkeling.

don't look and act like a seal and you're good.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

all you tards worried about being eaten by a shark while snorkeling.

don't look and act like a seal and you're good.

I’m not too worried about a shark while snorkeling. Jelly fish and barracudas? Yea I’m worried about those so I keep an eye out.