TimmySmith

Golf these days

5 hours ago, drobeski said:

I did, a friend of a friend got us out. 

Had to walk, cups were elevated 3/4" above the hole. It is stupid... but its a misery loves company situation.  Non golfing fear mongers would be up in arms if they opened them up. 

Pretty scary authoritarian situation we are in. 

God forbid some people get to have safe fun! 

It is stupid.  My buddy lives in a small town about 45 minutes from here.  His course is still open but people living on the 15th hole are taking pictures of golfers less than 6 feet apart and sending to authorities trying to shut down the course.

So desperate I was chipping around my yard and launched a few balls with the driver over the road into the neighbors woods.   

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

It is stupid.  My buddy lives in a small town about 45 minutes from here.  His course is still open but people living on the 15th hole are taking pictures of golfers less than 6 feet apart and sending to authorities trying to shut down the course.

Golf Nazi's.

I hate golf Nazi's   :mad: 

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

How do they know that it is not a father/son group and they are already in the same house?  If you see crowds of people together, fine.  But 2-4 people on a golf course?  Beyond dumb.

34 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

How do they know that it is not a father/son group and they are already in the same house?  If you see crowds of people together, fine.  But 2-4 people on a golf course?  Beyond dumb.

They don't!  You are correct!

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

I hate golf Nazi's   :mad: 

but love the real ones

Saw a report that 90+% of corona was transmitted indoors and people outside getting fresh air hardly got it at all.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Saw a report that 90+% of corona was transmitted indoors and people outside getting fresh air hardly got it at all.

Especially when it is pushing 90 degrees outside!

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

Saw a report that...…...people...…………..hardly got it at all.

Edited for truth.  :thumbsup:

Golf allowed in Michigan again. No carts allowed, walking only 

This Corona/work from home/quarantine, plus my new irons - are the best things to happen to my game since the Golf Channel. 

Shot 2over 2day, in 20 mph winds... If you've not looked at the Titleist 718 AP3s, might want to demo. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:28 PM, Cruzer said:

This Corona/work from home/quarantine, plus my new irons - are the best things to happen to my game since the Golf Channel. 

Shot 2over 2day, in 20 mph winds... If you've not looked at the Titleist 718 AP3s, might want to demo. 

You still paying 3 or 4 times a week?  I have been averaging 2-3 times a week.  Summer got here in a hurry.  Heat index is already over a hundred. 

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

You still paying 3 or 4 times a week?  I have been averaging 2-3 times a week.  Summer got here in a hurry.  Heat index is already over a hundred. 

I'm built like a desert lizard, love the heat. :D

But yea, finally getting healthy too. Shot 72 and 76 this past weekend. All the courses here are in phenomenal shape. 

10 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm built like a desert lizard, love the heat. :D

But yea, finally getting healthy too. Shot 72 and 76 this past weekend. All the courses here are in phenomenal shape. 

I love the heat as well but I am built more like a desert tortoise.  :D

Glad to hear you are getting healthy.   

• Haha 1

Today clubhouses, driving ranges and outdoor seating are open

Our clubhouse here in NY opened last week. Pennsylvania is just over 10 minutes away from me. We played down there Saturday in a county that’s basically completely back open again. It was actually weird watching people sitting down eating in the clubhouse after. Haven’t seen it in 3 months

26 minutes ago, edjr said:

Today clubhouses, driving ranges and outdoor seating are open

Fock, wish I had known - would've gone. Too late now, already day drinking - and these girls have no desire to do that. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

Fock, wish I had known - would've gone. Too late now, already day drinking - and these girls have no desire to do that. 

🖕

Only played one time so far. Didn’t score very well but I fixed my early extension issue doing a simple drill while courses were closed so I didn’t really care what I shot. Just the fact that I only hit 1 semi weak fade was enough to satisfy me. 

1st time out, 9 holes, 20+ mph winds, shot a 57 for 9

2nd time out, 9 holes shot a 49.

3rd time out 18,. shot an 84 (course I never played, forced me to play safe)

4th time out 9 holes, 8 bogies and 1 birdie. 42

Lost 1 ball all year. amazingly enough

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

I live in the 90's, short game is garbage right now.  I should probably get that professionally looked at.

28 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nice.  I have been shooting between 82-85 pretty consistently since the lock down started.  

16 hours ago, Bert said:

Nice.  I have been shooting between 82-85 pretty consistently since the lock down started.  

Played in my league last night, we do quota -  my avg is 11 right now, got 12 last night.   4 for birdie, 2 for par 1 for bogey. Can't do minus, if our league had a name it would be AARP

• Like 1