Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Any Other Cities Bracing For Saturday Night Riots?

Looks like Nashville will have a downtown protest tonight- none of my working friends knew about it- nor WTH they are protesting this time. The Louisville decision, the nominee for the SCOTUS, or maybe it’s the fall weather.

Parking garages are closing early. We had to get security to open the doors so our staff could get in and get our cars out of the local garage.

Metro police are in full riot gear. Positioned downtown, not far from the planned protest site. Helicopters in the air already.

Anyone else expecting trouble tonight?

10 minutes ago, Old School said:

Looks like Nashville will have a downtown protest tonight- none of my working friends knew about it- nor WTH they are protesting this time. 

I hope they are protesting what passes for modern country music. 

I love old school country.    🤠

• Like 1

Just now, BiPolarBear said:

Thank you.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Old School 🎼🎸🎶

• Haha 1

I was driving in downtown Los Angeles.  Sunset blvd is barricaded with large shipping containers in multiple spots. Many on ramps and off ramps to raceways were closed.

44 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Saturday night's alright for fighting 

Dammit.  When I saw the thread title I was going to post the exact same thing. :mad:

I had dinner in downtown Baltimore on Thursday. Everything was “normal”. I woke up this morning and read about some shiot happening there last night. It’ll probably happen again tonight. 

3 hours ago, Old School said:

Looks like Nashville will have a downtown protest tonight- none of my working friends knew about it- nor WTH they are protesting this time. The Louisville decision, the nominee for the SCOTUS, or maybe it’s the fall weather.

Parking garages are closing early. We had to get security to open the doors so our staff could get in and get our cars out of the local garage.

Metro police are in full riot gear. Positioned downtown, not far from the planned protest site. Helicopters in the air already.

Anyone else expecting trouble tonight?

I'm sure the fall weather is beautiful, it'll be one of the other two and all the thunderstorms, hopefully don't show up in the sky or on the ground.

I'm overseas so no first hand information from me, but on two occasions I was also going for the Peptobismal that I'd brought over from the US the last time I was there, when I saw that BLM protesters were going out to Macomb County. I was like you "fock these a$$holes, I hope they don't burn or loot anything." Well it turned out all right according to the local MSM coverage, seemingly entirely peaceful protest. i don't like the message and think they are being misled to feel that way but, ah, I know full well that the 1st amendment applies to them and as they feel they have a legitimate grievance, that's their right to do so.

I do hope that Nashville has the same 'entirely peaceful' results as Macomb County did. 

On 9/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, BiPolarBear said:

I hope they are protesting what passes for modern country music. 

This song makes me want to take an ice pick to my ears. 

Thought Asheville would have had one but surprisingly they didn’t. Glad they didn’t. Really didn’t feel like being in the middle of one of those since those people go crazy 

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

This song makes me want to take an ice pick to my ears. 

THIS abomination will start a revolt.