Sign in to follow this  
Stu82

Main bell cow in SF (if any)?

The revolving RB IR Door continues in SF so now that Coleman has been activated, Hasty been trending a bit lately, and McKinnon "rested" a game who becomes the primary back in SF?   Shanahan loves to ride a back so who might be the favorite the next few weeks?

I would still say McKinnon, but I'm not sure where you're getting that "ride a back" nonsense.  Shanahan is right up there with Belichick on rotating RB values.

So far, Coleman hasn't shown much, and Wilson and Mostert are out, so that narrows it down a bit.  Hasty is the only real threat left, but McKinnon was Shanahan's first love (going into last season, McKinnon was still the 7th-highest-paid RB in the NFL).

coleman gets ridden like a 2 dollar hooker when he comes back till they break him and then finish up with haysty 

Yeah I'm in bye week hell this week.  I may be forced to start McKinnon

Patiently waiting for Mostert to come back.  Hoping the team is still in contention.  If so I would hope to see Mostert run wild during the fantasy playoffs.

If you have to ask...

You know the answer, that is, there is no reliable RB week to week with the 49ers

I'm going with swift and McKinnon over perine due to bye weeks for other guys

6 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

coleman gets ridden like a 2 dollar hooker when he comes back

There's a reason he's a 2 dollar hooker--he's not that good.

Shanahan can afford to drop $20 to get McKinnon humming.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

There's a reason he's a 2 dollar hooker--he's not that good.

Shanahan can afford to drop $20 to get McKinnon humming.

If he thought mckinnon was the answer he would use him that way. Instead he has gone out of his way to keep him healthy. Including not making him a between the tackles pounder like coleman, wilson and moseart is 

Pretty sure there was a game this season, think it was vs Eagles, where McKinnon had 100% of snaps in the first half. He’s certainly not afraid to use him as a lead back, but it’s Shanahan - who knows what he’ll do. 

I for one am glad I managed to trade away McKinnon last week. 

I can't see Coleman coming in and taking over the early downs.  I think he's eased in with 6-8 touched mainly on 3rd down.   also, not buying the resting McKinnon thing from last week, something not right there.   Haysty looked good last week, and I think he's going to have a chance to take over early downs.   

hasty 15 touches 

coleman and Mckinnon 8 each

Own Mostert and just picked up Coleman off the wire.  Hasty has looked great and to all of us he deserves a shot but that isn't necessarily what the team thinks.  Don't be surprised if Coleman suddenly ends up with 15 carries this week.  Yeah, he sucks most of the time but the coaching staff seems to trust him and this week is a huge game for them.

6 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Own Mostert and just picked up Coleman off the wire.  Hasty has looked great and to all of us he deserves a shot but that isn't necessarily what the team thinks.  Don't be surprised if Coleman suddenly ends up with 15 carries this week.  Yeah, he sucks most of the time but the coaching staff seems to trust him and this week is a huge game for them.

Coleman doesn't suck, he's just not a great starter in real football or fantasy. He's an above-average backup or secondary back. In the right matchup until Mostert comes back he is an adequate bye week filler/flex play

37 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Don't be surprised if Coleman suddenly ends up with 15 carries this week.

The last time Coleman got that many carries (well, 14 carries... in Week 2... against the Jets...) he blew up for a total of 12 rushing yards.

Parenthetically, Mostert had 8 attempts for 92 yards and a TD that day.

Think Coleman playing, is good for McKinnon and Hasty, but not good for ff. 

They all will get some work, no Rb1.