Sign in to follow this  
joneo

January 6th

DOJ Update:

32 Months Since the Jan. 6 Attack on the Capitol

Wednesday, September 6, 2023, marks 32 months since the attack on the U.S. Capitol that disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress in the process of affirming the presidential election results.

Arrests made: More than 1,146 defendants have been charged in nearly all 50 states.

Approximately 398 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including approximately 113 individuals who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer.

Approximately 140 police officers were assaulted on Jan. 6 at the Capitol.

Approximately 657 individuals have pleaded guilty.

113 individuals have been found guilty at contested trials.

Citizens from around the country have provided invaluable assistance in identifying individuals in connection with the Jan. 6 attack. The FBI continues to seek the public’s help in identifying approximately 312 individuals believed to have committed violent acts on Capitol grounds.

On the DOJ update page, they list some of the individuals they are still looking for. Including names of people who have jumped bail, and others who they have on video committing felonies.

Here’s a video of an unidentified person (#BOLD91) assaulting police in the tunnel. What a cowardly act.

If you watched the video, how much time locked up does he deserve? Overnight and released? A month? A year?

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

He tried. It failed. There wasn't enough evidence. I know the definition of evidence needs to be explained to you. You must have been a helluva cop.

He tried what?There was enough evidence to lock her up. Comey said so. Are you really arguing this? He didn’t say there wasn’t enough evidence.  He used his discretion not to pursue charges. That doesn’t mean a crime wasn’t committed. You do understand discretion, right? Let me know if you don’t. I’ll hook you up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dozer FBG said:

On the DOJ update page, they list some of the individuals they are still looking for. Including names of people who have jumped bail, and others who they have on video committing felonies.

Here’s a video of an unidentified person (#BOLD91) assaulting police in the tunnel. What a cowardly act.

If you watched the video, how much time locked up does he deserve? Overnight and released? A month? A year?

I applaud this supportive stance toward police. They deserve our respect for sure, and honoring them should be a core tenet for us.  Kudos

• Thanks 1

Here is Comey’s first official statement from July 5, 2016:

Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System

Remarks prepared for delivery at press briefing.

And here are some highlights:

The investigation began as a referral from the Intelligence Community Inspector General in connection with Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail server during her time as Secretary of State. The referral focused on whether classified information was transmitted on that personal system.

Consistent with our counterintelligence responsibilities, we have also investigated to determine whether there is evidence of computer intrusion in connection with the personal e-mail server by any foreign power, or other hostile actors.

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

FBI investigators have also read all of the approximately 30,000 e-mails provided by Secretary Clinton to the State Department in December 2014.

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.

So that’s what we found. Finally, with respect to our recommendation to the Department of Justice:

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

(This part is from my memory, so I think its right…)

Then on Oct 28, days before the election Comey sent the famous letter to Congress that said he was reopening the case because it was discovered that there was a laptop that the New York FBI field office never searched. Later it was found that the new laptop emails were duplicates. AP Article

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Good luck with that. 

Oh look. Old Skank stopped by to obsess about me again. Please take me off your follow list. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh look. Old Skank stopped by to obsess about me again. Please take me off your follow list. 

OldHag is a drunken mess. It's well known. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

:sleep:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

:sleep:

Sure.  I guess that’s why you involve yourself so much with me. 

Here is a piece of advice from someone who watched Dozer spam nonsense constantly at FBG.  Put him on ignore.  He is a troll with severe TDS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

Here is a piece of advice from someone who watched Dozer spam nonsense constantly at FBG.  Put him on ignore.  He is a troll with severe TDS.

You don't appreciate facts and updates on the case?  Sorry, if you people don't ignore Horseshoe and LC you shouldn't ignore this person who "spams nonsense".  

Well, unless you are a snowflake who needs safe spaces, right? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

What Dozer does is the EXACT opposite of trolling and spamming. Information you don't want to hear is not the definition of either of those terms. HTH.

• Thanks 1

Zip Tie Guy… and his mother… going to jail. Another family torn apart because of Trump’s lies.

Local DC News WUSA9 Article

Nearly 5 years in prison for 'zip tie guy' who entered Capitol with mother.

A Tennessee man who became one of the most recognizable images of the Capitol riot when he leaped over seats in the Senate Gallery while holding zip tie handcuffs will serve nearly five years in prison, and his mother, who was convicted alongside him, will serve roughly half that time. 

2 minutes ago, Dozer FBG said:

Zip Tie Guy… and his mother… going to jail. Another family torn apart because of Trump’s lies.

Local DC News WUSA9 Article

Nearly 5 years in prison for 'zip tie guy' who entered Capitol with mother.

A Tennessee man who became one of the most recognizable images of the Capitol riot when he leaped over seats in the Senate Gallery while holding zip tie handcuffs will serve nearly five years in prison, and his mother, who was convicted alongside him, will serve roughly half that time. 

“Supporting that inference, Munchel explicitly stated that his intent in storming and occupying the Capitol was as a show of force to threaten violence against those same members of Congress and thus intimidate them into doing what he wanted them to do.”

So they all weren't just on a field trip taking photos? 

Feds seek 4-months prison for Jon Shroyer, an INFOWARS host, in Jan 6 case…

They argue he "stoked the fire of 100s of thousands of his followers w/ violent rhetoric & disinformation about the election…

Defense asks for leniency… saying Shroyer is a "vocal & vigorous critic of the federal government… and believed, in late 2020 and early 2021, that the 2020 election had been “stolen.”

Not much of a defense if you ask me…

2 hours ago, Dozer FBG said:

Feds seek 4-months prison for Jon Shroyer, an INFOWARS host, in Jan 6 case…

They argue he "stoked the fire of 100s of thousands of his followers w/ violent rhetoric & disinformation about the election…

Defense asks for leniency… saying Shroyer is a "vocal & vigorous critic of the federal government… and believed, in late 2020 and early 2021, that the 2020 election had been “stolen.”

Not much of a defense if you ask me…

Yeah, free speech is a horrible defense.  Sieg Heil!

What the fock is wrong with you.  You really can be serious. 

On 9/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, jonmx said:

Yeah, free speech is a horrible defense.  Sieg Heil!

What the fock is wrong with you.  You really can be serious

I’m not against his right to free speech.

Stop frothing and pay attention. He is seeking leniency from the judge in his sentencing for a crime he’s already plead guilty to.

In asking for leniency, his defense is that he really and truly, with all his heart, thought the election was stolen.

I’m not a lawyer, but that is a pretty lame defense. Especially now that we know, many times over, that the election was not stolen. You don’t get to say “gee whizz your honor, I really thought Trump was telling the truth and I was a patriot!” and expect to not be held accountable for your small-time crimes.

Imagine being the judge and hearing his lame excuse.

12 minutes ago, Dozer FBG said:

Stop frothing and pay attention. He is seeking leniency from the judge in his sentencing for a crime he’s already plead guilty to.

In asking for leniency, his defense is that he really and truly, with all his heart, thought the election was stolen.

I’m not a lawyer, but that is a pretty lame defense. Especially now that we know, many times over, that the election was not stolen. You don’t get to say “gee whizz your honor, I really thought Trump was telling the truth and I was a patriot!” and expect to not be held accountable for your small-time crimes.

TDS on parade. 😆

What a focking idiot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Dozer FBG said:

There was so many ballot shenanigans there is no way there was not some cheating.  Every friggin Democracy in the world requires in-person voting with ID requirements.  It is criminal that some anonymous person can drop off 500 ballots into a box which is not monitored.   It is retarded and an assault on free speech that these nazi-bastards are criminalizing people expressing an opinion.   There is nothing criminal about criticizing our election process and it should not even be an issue in court, but yet these bastard judges lecture citizens for expressing opinions.  Fock them. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Dozer FBG said:

Yeah, let's go down the road of allowing the excuse that the defendant was stupid to be not held accountable.   Probably a reason why jon and seafoam seem to be for that.  ;) 

14 minutes ago, jonmx said:

There was so many ballot shenanigans there is no way there was not some cheating.  Every friggin Democracy in the world requires in-person voting with ID requirements.  It is criminal that some anonymous person can drop off 500 ballots into a box which is not monitored.   It is retarded and an assault on free speech that these nazi-bastards are criminalizing people expressing an opinion.   There is nothing criminal about criticizing our election process and it should not even be an issue in court, but yet these bastard judges lecture citizens for expressing opinions.  Fock them. 

Doesn’t sound like the judge would be cutting you any slack either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

Yeah, let's go down the road of allowing the excuse that the defendant was stupid to be not held accountable.   Probably a reason why jon and seafoam seem to be for that.  ;) 

Whether it is stupid or not, has no bearing on the law.  People have the right to be stupid and hold opinions.  The idea that citizens have to bow down to their government masters is so foocking repulsive.  Are you people this friggin stupid you are clueless to what you are actually advocating. You are all focking idiot bastards.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Dozer FBG said:

Zach Alam broke the window that Ashli Babbitt climbed through in the most tragic moment of J6. A terrible loss of life.

A grand jury Indicted him on eleven counts.

Today a jury found him guilty on all eleven. Verdict Form

I found this Note from the jury foreperson asking the judge a question during deliberations to be interesting…

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This guy gets 5 years for murder; targeting for political reasons.  Unbelievable justice system we have right now.  

https://x.com/realdailywire/status/1701390417361535449?s=46&t=r0y3bJ1CDXchoYAztDxmqw

Admits he did it because of politics. Slap on the wrist. Left wing violence excused once again. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Admits he did it because of politics. Slap on the wrist. Left wing violence excused once again. 

Surprised he was not awarded the Congressional metal of honor for killing a teenage deplorable.  Would have gotten 22 years if he frightened a Congressmen.  The country is so fuked up right now. 

14 minutes ago, Dozer FBG said:

J6 Trial and sentencing calendar through 5/30/24 (Trial.pdf)

So many sentencings, so little time.

Fuk you with your obsession for stringing up these minor offenses because you don,'t like their pilitics..

Leftwing murderer of a teenage kid get practically nothing, while people stealing paper clips get the book thrown at them.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

This guy gets 5 years for murder; targeting for political reasons.  Unbelievable justice system we have right now.  

https://x.com/realdailywire/status/1701390417361535449?s=46&t=r0y3bJ1CDXchoYAztDxmqw

Maybe he used the "but I REALLY believed it" that jon was ok with or the "look other people did bad things" excuse that seafoam seems to subscribe to?  

15 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Maybe he used the "but I REALLY believed it" that jon was ok with or the "look other people did bad things" excuse that seafoam seems to subscribe to?  

You don't seem to realize our justice system is based on precedents and equal treatment under the law, nor do you give a crap.   

19 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Really? A kid was murdered over politics and this is your take? Nice. 

19 minutes ago, jonmx said:

You don't seem to realize our justice system is based on precedents and equal treatment under the law, nor do you give a crap.   

Maybe I should ask what exactly is your take and why is KSB's a legit case for comparison?     

I don't know why it was plead down to manslaughter, but that is not uncommon.    I was surprised it was only a max of 10 years he could have gotten.   Of course I would rather he was charged with murder, and if not got the max 10 years.    

IF you are purely talking that you wish we were punishing all these crimes harder, I am there with you.    IF you are saying it's all because of the Ds getting off while trying to hold the conservative man down?  :lol: