Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Hockey Cancel Culture

Mike Milbury, announcer for NBC will not be returning to the mike after insensitive comments last season.

Brian Boucher commented that the NHL bubble was great if you enjoy being with your teammates for long periods of time, its a perfect place.

Milbury injected that there were "Not even any women to....disrupt..your concentration"

Boom...Fired.

My beloved hockey..tainted..sad

Never that much of a hockey fan, stuff like this will ensure I never am.

I stopped watching MLB years ago.   

I more or less stopped watching Football this season after they started celebrating criminals.

Never really watched the NBA, their little dance with celebration of criminals cemented that I never will.

NCAA teams recently did some sh!t to pretend there was some social injustices to be fixed, so I stopped watching them as well.

I will take my viewership, and money elsewhere. Not going to hand money over to a lie.

A glimpse into Biden's puzzy America.  

America will never be the same.  Golden years were the 90s.

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Don Cherry got canned for speaking his mind as well...

Cherry doubled down on his, too, which was refreshing (and not unexpected, knowing Cherry :thumbsup:)

Milbury's comment was pretty innocuous. Not long ago, no one would've given it a second thought. Nowadays, it's awful to suggest that young single men might get distracted by young single women...oh, the horror.

5 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Cherry doubled down on his, too, which was refreshing (and not unexpected, knowing Cherry :thumbsup:)

Milbury's comment was pretty innocuous. Not long ago, no one would've given it a second thought. Nowadays, it's awful to suggest that young single men might get distracted by young single women...oh, the horror.

What I don't understand is the left is all about debauchery disgusting acts.

28 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Mike Milbury, announcer for NBC will not be returning to the mike after insensitive comments last season.

Brian Boucher commented that the NHL bubble was great if you enjoy being with your teammates for long periods of time, its a perfect place.

Milbury injected that there were "Not even any women to....disrupt..your concentration"

Boom...Fired.

My beloved hockey..tainted..sad

What line did tbis cross?  

1 hour ago, posty said:

Don Cherry got canned for speaking his mind as well...

Don Cherry can go to his grave knowing he's a real man. 🏒

I'd say in 2 more year's. We won't even recognise sports. Just about there now.

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

He once climbed into the stands at MSG and beat a guy with his own loafer and he gets fired for this ??

top 5 videos of all time

Sanderson and Cusick on the mic :wub:

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What line did tbis cross?  

I'm think that it was a blanket statement excluding gay hockey players..

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, edjr said:

top 5 videos of all time

Sanderson and Cusick on the mic :wub:

I didn't know this had happened until now. It reminds me of the time four Indiana Pacers charged into the Stands at the Palace because a Pistons fan had confused Ron Artest with a waste receptacle and disposed his beverage on him. 

Phil Esposito and Gerry Cheevers, that's the wayback machine right there. Ray Bourque not so, that guy played nearly forever and this must have been really early in his career to have these two as an opponent and a teammate. I use to collect hockey cards as a kid and recognize a lot of these names.

18 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

He once climbed into the stands at MSG and beat a guy with his own loafer and he gets fired for this ??

Yes, because violence is condoned by the left... but not mean words.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I didn't know this had happened until now. It reminds me of the time four Indiana Pacers charged into the Stands at the Palace because a Pistons fan had confused Ron Artest with a waste receptacle and disposed his beverage on him. 

Phil Esposito and Gerry Cheevers, that's the wayback machine right there. Ray Bourque not so, that guy played nearly forever and this must have been really early in his career to have these two as an opponent and a teammate. I use to collect hockey cards as a kid and recognize a lot of these names.

when the bruins did this in the 70s it was glorious. Whites beating whites. Like any other time you would go to a hockey game.  But once you let thugs get involved and they go into the stands to beat whites, then everything is ruined.