Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Covid Symptoms

Has anyone here been ill from contracting the coronavirus? If so, would you please list your symptoms and when you got tested and how long before you recovered? 

(No, I do not have it, just wondering the details)

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Has anyone here been ill from contracting the coronavirus? If so, would you please list your symptoms and when you got tested and how long before you recovered? 

(No, I do not have it, just wondering the details)

I started with cold-like symptoms.  Runny nose.  Sinus pressure.  Throat started getting scratchy.  The first two nights I woke up drenched in sweat even though I wasn't hot or ever that cold.  After a few days it's just felt like mild cold-like symptoms but I was exhausted.  Some days I felt like doing stuff and others I didn't move from the recliner.  Lasted about two weeks. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I started with cold-like symptoms.  Runny nose.  Sinus pressure.  Throat started getting scratchy.  The first two nights I woke up drenched in sweat even though I wasn't hot or ever that cold.  After a few days it's just felt like mild cold-like symptoms but I was exhausted.  Some days I felt like doing stuff and others I didn't move from the recliner.  Lasted about two weeks. 

Did you get tested, are you sure you had coronavirus? did you have fever?

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Did you get tested, are you sure you had coronavirus? did you have fever?

I did get tested.  I did not have a fever.  I did not lose smell or taste either.

We had family over for my daughter's birthday and I think there were six of us who all tested positive after it.  We think my brother-in-law was the carrier.  We all had different experiences with COVID too but all recovered just fine.

Just now, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Look up cold and flu

You're welcome 

While it can have similarities for a lot of people, it's not the same.

• Haha 1

What's different ? Explain. 

Loss of taste and smell.  COVID toes.  Trouble breathing.  Confusion.  Chest pains.

Meh, pretty much the same, smell and taste go with the congestion. I'll give you the toes,, whatever that is. The rest ? Nothing special or different. 

Usually self-diagnosable

Symptoms include fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, headaches, and fatigue.

People may experience:

Pain areas: in the muscles

Cough: can be dry or with phlegm

Whole body: chills, dehydration, fatigue, fever, flushing, loss of appetite, body ache, or sweating

Nasal: congestion, runny nose, or sneezing

Also common: chest pressure, head congestion, headache, nausea, shortness of breath, sore throat, or swollen lymph nodes

My friend told me he has the virus and is recovering. His symptoms are major fatigue such that he couldn't walk around or talk on his cell or even walk to go to the bathroom. He lost his taste and smell, but he didn't have fever. I was just curious about others. He had dry cough and has lost about 13 lbs. 

2 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Meh, pretty much the same, smell and taste go with the congestion. I'll give you the toes,, whatever that is. The rest ? Nothing special or different. 

Usually self-diagnosable

Symptoms include fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, headaches, and fatigue.

People may experience:

Pain areas: in the muscles

Cough: can be dry or with phlegm

Whole body: chills, dehydration, fatigue, fever, flushing, loss of appetite, body ache, or sweating

Nasal: congestion, runny nose, or sneezing

Also common: chest pressure, head congestion, headache, nausea, shortness of breath, sore throat, or swollen lymph nodes

I was hoping for personal experience, just to compare notes. 

Could not smell or taste real good.  Had stuffy nose and a little sinus pressure.  I felt the exact same way I do every year in November.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Had it, but wasn’t ill.

For some people it doesn't have much of an effect at all.  Other have long term effects like heart and lung problems.  I was just listening to a podcast where the guy had a scare because his blood test suggested he had blood clots after he recovered from COVID.  It's a strange disease.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

For some people it doesn't have much of an effect at all.  Other have long term effects like heart and lung problems.  I was just listening to a podcast where the guy had a scare because his blood test suggested he had blood clots after he recovered from COVID.  It's a strange disease.

It is. I made it through easy. My wife’s boss (woman in her mid-50’s in great shape) has been battling it for 3+ weeks and was on a ventilator for 3 days. Haven’t gotten an update for a couple days now. Her husband had it as well and wasn’t ill.

Just now, Gladiators said:

It is. I made it through easy. My wife’s boss (woman in her mid-50’s in great shape) has been battling it for 3+ weeks and was on a ventilator for 3 days. Haven’t gotten an update for a couple days now. Her husband had it as well and wasn’t ill.

I really hope this vaccine is going to be legit so we don't have to worry about this crap much longer.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I really hope this vaccine is going to be legit so we don't have to worry about this crap much longer.

I think/hope it is and that by fall we should be back to close to normal, but we’ll see.

• Like 1

I've heard blood type plays a role. But its another one of those many things that they ..the ones making the calles and decisions refuse to discuss. 

I've heard that as well. It was strange how half of the people at my daughter's party got sick the the rest didn't.

2 hours ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

What's different ? Explain. 

If you fall off a building with Covid, your toe tag says Covid. if you fall off the building with the flu, then you died from your fall.

Same with gun shot death and heart attack, etc.

1 hour ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

I've heard blood type plays a role. But its another one of those many things that they ..the ones making the calles and decisions refuse to discuss. 

Absolutely. If you are "O" blood type, you may not even notice you had it.

"A" is the worst blood type because it clots easier.

17 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Absolutely. If you are "O" blood type, you may not even notice you had it.

"A" is the worst blood type because it clots easier.

I heard that and also heard people with low vitamin D have a harder time with it.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I did get tested.  I did not have a fever.  I did not lose smell or taste either.

That's false positive. You didn't have covid. :lol:

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

If you fall off a building with Covid, your toe tag says Covid. if you fall off the building with the flu, then you died from your fall.

Same with gun shot death and heart attack, etc.

Gotta get that extra cash homie 

27 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That's false positive. You didn't have covid. :lol:

He got a seasonal flu is all. That still exists even though the left wants to call everything covid.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Loss of taste and smell.  COVID toes.  Trouble breathing.  Confusion.  Chest pains.

You’ve suffered from this well before covid was a thing. 

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I heard that and also heard people with low vitamin D have a harder time with it.

Yep. Everyone should be popping vitamin C & D and zinc .

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Scratchy throat..mild fever, no taste or smell

Add being tired. 99.5 percent.