Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Racial Equality is now Racial Equity

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

Thanks. I pulled up an article that described them in opposite terms. :thumbsup: 

This article doesn’t say anything about guaranteeing outcomes, it says equity is about delivering resources based on need. Nobody can guarantee fair outcomes. 

The key is, who's setting the "need" and how.  Meaning, Biden can set the "need" for colleges to get federal funding to meet a standard.  He can legislate that in order to get federal funding, then each of certain programs "need" to have 13% of their graduates be black.  That's how you guarantee an outcome.  Another way is to mandate that any company who is in certain fields, MUST employ people based on race, or get tax penalties.

The net result is that there will be separate standards in the education system and work force for white people, black people, Hispanics, Asians, etc.

Really, everyone can guarantee a fair outcome.  It's called "doing nothing".  Let things happen the way they do based on a persons individual performance.  If the standard for passing any test is 75... everyone, regardless of age, gender, or race, who scores a 75 or better passes and everyone regardless of age, gender, or race, who scores less than a 75 fails.  That's guaranteeing a fair outcome.

Democrats promote this as being systemically racist, so they rig the system to generate a contrived "fair outcome" to make them look like saviors, when all they're doing is hurting the people they are supposedly helping.

“Fair housing policies” seems to be the most tangible of Bidens equity declaration. Brought to you by Susan Rice. She’s very trustworthy as we know. 

Racial Equity is the new buzzword, it is intentional and every news article I've seen recently has made the transition in wording.  There is a reason for that.

If you want to truly solve a problem you find the root causes.  Those are the things that "cause" the issues or the gaps.   

Racial Equity is not doing that, it looks at the outcomes and then just try's to plug the holes.  Normally by throwing money at it.  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

If you want to truly solve a problem you find the root causes.  Those are the things that "cause" the issues or the gaps.    

Do you know how much work that would be?  Do you know how many past policies would have to be admitted as failures?  Do you know how much people would have to be accountable for themselves?  You're asking the Dems to do 180* from their platform for the last 50 years.

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Racial Equity is the new buzzword, it is intentional and every news article I've seen recently has made the transition in wording.  There is a reason for that.

Racial Equity is not doing that, it looks at the outcomes and then just try's to plug the holes.  Normally by throwing money at it.  

So ... what’s the root cause then and how do we fix it?

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Yeah so I think the problem is that there is no one definition of racial equity, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include screwing white people.

Not trying to be snarky here:  I'm sure you understand math right?  So when you have an equation that is unbalanced, how to you balance it?  You take from one side and add it to the other side.  That is equity.  

Equality is as others have said, everyone gets same playing field.

Most of the time equity is earned. Many times it is not. But leftists conflate those who earned it with those who didn’t and give out the punishment equally, but it hurts those who earned it and have less of it much more than those who didn’t and have the most. I’ll never understand working class republicans standing with and actually defending their oppressors. Your oppressors will let it happen because it won’t affect them. Obamacare is a great example.  Working people funded/ fund that. 

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Well do away with social programs for starters.  Blacks are worse off now from the 60's forward than from the end of slavery forward 100  years.  Dont believe me?  Find some videos of the brilliant Thomas Sowell on youtube and watch them.  It's tragic what the left has done in the name of 'help' minorities in this country.

17 minutes ago, Boots11234 said:

Not trying to be snarky here:  I'm sure you understand math right?  So when you have an equation that is unbalanced, how to you balance it?  You take from one side and add it to the other side.  That is equity.  

Equality is as others have said, everyone gets same playing field.

Yes I understand math, but hasn't this been happening for decades?  Rich people pay more in taxes and the govt gives some to poor people.

Or are you suggesting a new program that is being introduced where white people are going to be forced to give their money to black people?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I just want to understand what the problem is with racial equity.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm not trying to be snarky, I just want to understand what the problem is with racial equity.

It's pretty simple to understand what's wrong with it. It's racist.

Equity involves trying to understand and give people what they need to enjoy full, healthy lives. Equality, in contrast, aims to ensure that everyone gets the same things in order to enjoy full, healthy lives

Equal opportunity is just fine

Mandating equal outcomes is not....

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I just want to understand what the problem is with racial equity.

I think you're confusing assisting people with social programs that individually needthem V/S making race the sole reason that people get resources and group outcome based on race is more important than individual outcome.

Answer this...are you OK with black people getting the Covid vaccine before others based ONLY on the fact that theyre black?  Or would it be better to assess each person's condition based on age, comorbidities, etc?

If black people don’t have a piece of the pie, it’s racism. If whites don’t they are losers and SOL.  

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

It's pretty simple to understand what's wrong with it. It's racist.

Equity involves trying to understand and give people what they need to enjoy full, healthy lives. Equality, in contrast, aims to ensure that everyone gets the same things in order to enjoy full, healthy lives

Do you think everyone gets what they need to enjoy full healthy lives today?

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

I think you're confusing assisting people with social programs that individually needthem V/S making race the sole reason that people get resources and group outcome based on race is more important than individual outcome.

Answer this...are you OK with black people getting the Covid vaccine before others based ONLY on the fact that theyre black?  Or would it be better to assess each person's condition based on age, comorbidities, etc?

No, not based on skin color, no.  However I would be OK giving poorer inner city people the vaccine first, and if those poor people inner city people happen to be black, so be it.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If black people don’t have a piece of the pie, it’s racism. If whites don’t they are losers and SOL.  

I think it's clear that white people have more pie than black people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I think it’s clear that is oversimplified . But hey, sounds good. How about we concentrate on what people, not what race has the pie? But you can keep falling for the divisive rhetoric if you would like. All white people are not equal. Ya heard? 

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No, not based on skin color, no. 

Well, that sir, is racial equity.  If you publicized that opinion of yours on social media, you would probably get called a racist by alot of people. And we were close to going that route with the vaccine a few months ago. There was strong support in the CDC for it.  

I think youre like most of us.  You realize there are people who need help in many facets of life.  Some more than others.  And that help should be distributed based on need and not solely based on the color of your skin.  

3 hours ago, MDC said:

That's a large in-depth question that people a lot smarter than me in government and social programs should be looking at.  But just spit balling:

By in large the "Institutional" Racism is gone.  Jim Crow is no more.  It is illegal to discriminate in education - business - school - ect. based on the color of one's skin.  The "rules" of the game are equal and fair in 2021.   So why is there still a gap or issues?

1.  Individual racism:  Problem is you cannot legislate that.  As long as Human Beings (who are fallible by nature) have differences in how they look, culture, religion there will be bias.  There is no Utopia.  I would argue implementing racial equity (like affirmative action) only makes some individuals more likely to judge.

2.  The disintegration of the traditional family.   More to the point, fatherless homes.   This has been widely documented.  

3.  The hip hop culture:  It was a culture born out of poverty so this is a chicken or the egg argument, but who cares, breaking the cycle is the goal.  The bottom line is a sub culture in black america where drug dealing, calling women biotches and tricks, prostitution (pimps), on and on is celebrated will not help in any way shape or form.  

4.  Reliance on the government teet leads to laziness. 

Don't get me wrong, 75 years ago it was bad, and well before that slaves were in this Country.  However this is 2021 and you have to talk about 2 thru 4 above or else the cycle doesn't stop.  However if I typed what I just typed on social media I'd probably lose my job.  That's how crazy it is out there.  It's taboo and why it will only get worse.  

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

How is it even possible that we have so many "woke" people in this country?  Where the hell did all these liberal extremist attitudes come from in a country that was once great?

Once they took over the education system it was only a matter of a few generations.  We're seeing the results of that takeover now.  Unless the GOP and Conservatives start taking back our education system from the wannabe Marxists/Communists, I'm afraid we're going to end up on the path of no return.

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

How is it even possible that we have so many "woke" people in this country?  Where the hell did all these liberal extremist attitudes come from in a country that was once great?

They have been brainwashed. They think it’s been a bed of roses for white people in this country , from the very beginning. Yup, things were so great they fought a revolution against the worlds greatest superpower at the time, many of them dying, all of them fighting in the harshest conditions known. Some even starved to death.  Because all of us white folk had it soooo good. That’s why they take down statues. To further the lie and have no remnants of why the statue existed in the first place. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I think it's about even between those two who've had your mom's pie.  Black people may have a few % more, though.

• Haha 1

Keep making it about race and see where it gets you. It won’t end well. 

32 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Once they took over the education system it was only a matter of a few generations.  We're seeing the results of that takeover now.  Unless the GOP and Conservatives start taking back our education system from the wannabe Marxists/Communists, I'm afraid we're going to end up on the path of no return.

Yep.  It used to be only college students you had to worry about.  Now its elementary.  Eric Weinstein is an interesting guy to listen to at times.  He's a lefty, but he was the professor at Evergreen University that got run outta there because he called bullsh!t on the racist shenanigans there.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Alright someone explain to me the problem with racial equity.  What's wrong with trying to improve the lives of people that have sh!tty lives?  When did this become bad?

See how he did that.  

1 minute ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Then how are their lives still sh!tty?

And quotas based on race are racist themselves.  So in order to fight racism we implemented even MORE racism.

55 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That's a large in-depth question that people a lot smarter than me in government and social programs should be looking at.  But just spit balling:

By in large the "Institutional" Racism is gone.  Jim Crow is no more.  It is illegal to discriminate in education - business - school - ect. based on the color of one's skin.  The "rules" of the game are equal and fair in 2021.   So why is there still a gap or issues?

1.  Individual racism:  Problem is you cannot legislate that.  As long as Human Beings (who are fallible by nature) have differences in how they look, culture, religion there will be bias.  There is no Utopia.  I would argue implementing racial equity (like affirmative action) only makes some individuals more likely to judge.

2.  The disintegration of the traditional family.   More to the point, fatherless homes.   This has been widely documented.  

3.  The hip hop culture:  It was a culture born out of poverty so this is a chicken or the egg argument, but who cares, breaking the cycle is the goal.  The bottom line is a sub culture in black america where drug dealing, calling women biotches and tricks, prostitution (pimps), on and on is celebrated will not help in any way shape or form.  

4.  Reliance on the government teet leads to laziness. 

Don't get me wrong, 75 years ago it was bad, and well before that slaves were in this Country.  However this is 2021 and you have to talk about 2 thru 4 above or else the cycle doesn't stop.  However if I typed what I just typed on social media I'd probably lose my job.  That's how crazy it is out there.  It's taboo and why it will only get worse.  

Generational poverty and the impact of Jim Crow laws don’t even crack your Top 4?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Generational poverty and the impact of Jim Crow laws don’t even crack your Top 4?

It's all about the hip hop culture 😅

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Culture plays no role? That’s silly. It plays a part in every society. 

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Generational Poverty isn't color blind, if the rules are fair then any person can do it.  My parents lived in a trailer park when I was born.

29 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not to me.  Plenty of immigrants came here with nothing but the clothes on their backs and managed to dig themselves out of poverty within 1-2 generations.  We're way past that now with AAs.  At some point using the same old tired excuses is just that......excuses.  Generational poverty isn't causing black kids to grow up in single parent homes at much higher rates than other races. 

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

Jim Crow laws don’t even crack your Top 4?

To be fair, if that is what you are tying to be, I brought up Jim Crow laws before my #1.  However those were overturned 60 years ago.  It is illegal for institutions to discriminate based on race.  That root cause has been fixed......two generations ago.  

Let me ask you a question.  What is the statue of limitations on bringing that up?  Two generations, three generations, forever?  Or could that be a crutch to lean on so we don't have to talk about the others?

If you drew an X and Y axis graph with race on one line and family values (divorce/father in home/etc) on the other.  There is a direct correlation.  Asians would be represented best, Whites second, Latino's third and African Americans last.  

This is not a coincidence.  Asians are People of Color yet thrive in America.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

If you drew an X and Y axis graph with race on one line and family values (divorce/father in home/etc) on the other.  There is a direct correlation.  Asians would be represented best, Whites second, Latino's third and African Americans last.  

Not just last, but last by 20 miles.  The single-mother rate in the black community is like 73% and growing.  No other race is even close to that number.

44 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yup that's exactly what I said.  It's the only thing.  :oldrolleyes:

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Do you think everyone gets what they need to enjoy full healthy lives today?

It's simply a goal that is better than picking and choosing who should pay for who. Is that too hard to understand?

I’m for all of this bullshit if the ones shoveling it have to pay for it. 

27 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Can you even see out of your pointy white hat?

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Can you even see out of your pointy white hat?

That's why no actual discussions occur on this site.  Some of them are difficult, and labeling anyone who doesn't agree with you a racist klansman just shuts it down. 

• Like 1