Rusty Syringes

March Madness Bracket Talk

USC +9

Michigan -6.5

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

USC +9

Michigan -6.5

Not giving advice here, just looked at UCLA’s games. They have won by double digits each game except the first 4 vs Sparty which they won by 6. They had lost 4 straight before the tourney....

35 minutes ago, nospk said:

Not giving advice here, just looked at UCLA’s games. They have won by double digits each game except the first 4 vs Sparty which they won by 6. They had lost 4 straight before the tourney....

When it comes to basketball I don’t know much of what the fock I’m doing. Betting on these games is my scratch off tickets 

30 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

When it comes to basketball I don’t know much of what the fock I’m doing. Betting on these games is my scratch off tickets 

With immensely better odds.

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

USC +9

Michigan -6.5

My MiL is flying to visit us, lands any minute.  She is from Michigan and a maniacal fan.  My wife, an actual alum, is a fan but not nearly as rabid, as we've taken on ASU and the PAC 12 in our 30+ years out west.

Anyway she is looking forward to watching the game with us. :cheers:

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My MiL is flying to visit us, lands any minute.  She is from Michigan and a maniacal fan.  My wife, an actual alum, is a fan but not nearly as rabid, as we've taken on ASU and the PAC 12 in our 30+ years out west.

Anyway she is looking forward to watching the game with us. :cheers:

Should be a couple good ones. Hope you’re doing well, Jerry. :cheers:

Diabeetus or sickle cell most likely. 

Houston +5.5

Gonzaga -14

Big shock that UConn lost by ten last night to Arizona...

I guess they will give it a shot again next year when Azzi Fudd (and others) joins the team next season and no one is supposed to be leaving...

2 hours ago, posty said:

Big shock that UConn lost by ten last night to Arizona...

I guess they will give it a shot again next year when Aziz Fudd (and others) joins the team next season and no one is supposed to be leaving...

Watched that game and I must admit I rather enjoyed it.  Good basketball.  :cheers:

Also I noticed that I’m getting boat raced by Fandandy in our brackets.  He is up by 6 on me and we have the same teams with the same outcomes. :wall: 

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Watched that game and I must admit I rather enjoyed it.  Good basketball.  :cheers:

:cheers:

Of course saying that here is a no-no...  I like watching the women play hoops because there is no dunking, less isolation and better team play...  Plus much less showboating...

Oh and as a bonus, much much much less tattoos...

1 hour ago, posty said:

Of course saying that here is a no-no...  I like watching the women play hoops because there is no dunking, less isolation and better team play...  Plus much less showboating...

Agreed, there was great movement away from the ball, and officiating seemed to avoid ticky tack fouls.

My wife and I came home from dinner fully expecting to bounce between the Suns, DBacks, and Coyotes, but the girls game was on and UA was up 32-22 in the third.  22 points?  :huh:  Anyway we decided to watch it.  It helped that the Suns were creaming the Thunder; my wife follows a bunch of Suns reporters on Twitter and they were all doing what we did — watching the UA game because the Suns game was a blowout.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, posty said:

I've noticed that the skill level of the better players is more on par now with the high school men's game now, so that's good.  5 years ago it was like watching middle school boys, so that's a pretty big improvement.  They were  shooting the ball from their chest.  Taking the "luck step" on shots where they would take one foot and step back before shooting.  Having to gather their feet for layups instead of just going in stride.  Not being able to adjust angles to get around defenders at the rim.  

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

I've noticed that the skill level of the better players is more on par now with the high school men's game now, so that's good.  5 years ago it was like watching middle school boys, so that's a pretty big improvement.  They were  shooting the ball from their chest.  Taking the "luck step" on shots where they would take one foot and step back before shooting.  Having to gather their feet for layups instead of just going in stride.  Not being able to adjust angles to get around defenders at the rim.  

Maybe that was it; I was like wow, I don’t remember them being this athletic and good.  It reminded me of people saying we average golfers should watch the LPGA because they are more playing our game, I had that feeling last night.

Really entertaining game, unbelievable finish.    I don't have a dog in the fight but I am looking forward to the National Championship.  

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Really entertaining game, unbelievable finish.    I don't have a dog in the fight but I am looking forward to the National Championship.  

Looking forward too but can't see how it can top that one.

Long Live Sports!

This is why we don't need politics or any other outside influence.  It's just people coming together, of all different races and religions coming together to try and WIN a ball game.  

Its what its all bout 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:44 PM, jerryskids said:

Maybe that was it; I was like wow, I don’t remember them being this athletic and good.  It reminded me of people saying we average golfers should watch the LPGA because they are more playing our game, I had that feeling last night.

Just caught the end of the title game, looked like grade school boys basketball. Absolutely terrible basketball.

13 hours ago, Reality said:

Just caught the end of the title game, looked like grade school boys basketball. Absolutely terrible basketball.

There was nothing wrong with that ending as the second half was good...  Arizona down 11 points early in the third battled back to get within one point with 3:37 to go in the fourth quarter with a chance to win the game at the buzzer?

22 minutes ago, posty said:

There was nothing wrong with that ending as the second half was good...  Arizona down 11 points early in the third battled back to get within one point with 3:37 to go in the fourth quarter with a chance to win the game at the buzzer?

The last 2 minutes of the game was an absolute clown show. Stanford couldn't get a shot off and Arizona took a last second shot while being defended by 3 players. It looked exactly like grade school basketball.

58 minutes ago, Reality said:

The last 2 minutes of the game was an absolute clown show. Stanford couldn't get a shot off and Arizona took a last second shot while being defended by 3 players. It looked exactly like grade school basketball.

Ah, so now they can't play good defense...  Got it...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Ah, so now they can't play good defense...  Got it...

That's not what that was, not even close. Just really bad basketball.

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

That's not what that was, not even close. Just really bad basketball.

:lol:  Okay...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

:lol:  Okay...

Agreed, I laughed as well, much like I do when watching grade schoolers play basketball.

:thumbsup:

The Baptists win in 2021

It can't be but so bad.  The tide may be turning.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

The Baptists win in 2021

David Koresh is happy somewhere.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

David Koresh is happy somewhere.

Yeah....no.  I get the Waco reference but it misses the mark. 

That was an old time butt whuppin’. Congrats to Baylor.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

That was an old time butt whuppin’. Congrats to Baylor.  :cheers: 

Honestly, never saw it coming.  Zags looked unbeatable.....I was stunned.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

I saw it coming after Baylor dominated their last game and how UCLA gave Gonzaga a hard time. Wish I would have bet on Baylor.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The Baptists win in 2021

Great game. Baylors D seems to be legit.
For some dumb reason, tonights game reminded me of Superbowl 42 without the blowout status

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Kinda what I thought too, until UCLA took them close. 

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The Baptists win in 2021

He is risen!

• Thanks 1