Rusty Syringes

March Madness Bracket Talk

5 minutes ago, posty said:

She looks like she could put on 20-30 pounds and a stiff breeze would still knock her over...

But damn can she play and she has a nice shot...

She's fine, she has an athletic build.  You probably wouldn't say that about Katie Lou and she's only 20+ pounds heavier while being 4 inches taller than Bueckers.

She can definitely play, that is for sure.  I think she committed to UConn in 2018 or 2019.  I thought she was a sophomore in HS when she did.  There was a lot of hype on her back then.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

She's fine, she has an athletic build.  You probably wouldn't say that about Katie Lou and she's only 20+ pounds heavier while being 4 inches taller than Bueckers.

She can definitely play, that is for sure.  I think she committed to UConn in 2018 or 2019.  I thought she was a sophomore in HS when she did.  There was a lot of hype on her back then.

I know she has an athletic build and she holds her own just fine...  It just looks that way at times...

And the rich is getting richer next season when Azzi Fudd joins the group and no seniors on the roster...  Geno might be building a dynasty again, but there will certainly be other teams to try to derail that...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

I know she has an athletic build and she holds her own just fine...  It just looks that way at times...

And the rich is getting richer next season when Aziz Fudd joins the group and no seniors on the roster...  Geno might be building a dynasty again, but there will certainly be other teams to try to derail that...

Again?  Did it ever end?  LOL  They were in the Final Four each of the last 3 years.  It's not like they were getting knocked out in the Sweet 16.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Again?  Did it ever end?  LOL  They were in the Final Four each of the last 3 years.  It's not like they were getting knocked out in the Sweet 16.

Well yeah that is true, but to Geno, it is a bad season without a title...  That was what I meant...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Well yeah that is true, but to Geno, it is a bad season without a title...  That was what I meant...

Good point.

While I was a big fan of Katie Lou, she wasn't the killer like Stewart and Taurasi before her.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good point.

While I was a big fan of Katie Lou, she wasn't the killer like Stewart and Taurasi before her.

Very true as well...

Well, we better change the subject back to the men's tournament since God forbid we continue to talk about the women's game...

NCAA Should Boot Oral Roberts Due to Biblical Beliefs on LGBT Issues, USA Today Columnist Says

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/ncaa-should-boot-oral-roberts-due-to-biblical-beliefs-on-lgbt-issues-usa-today-columnist-says.html

Oral Roberts University is the Cinderella team of this year’s NCAA men’s basketball tournament, but a columnist for USA Today says the school should never have been allowed in the tournament due to its biblical position on sexuality.

Hemal Jhaveri, a writer for USA Today’s "For the Win" sports section, argued in a Tuesday column that the “university’s deeply bigoted anti-LGBTQ+ policies can’t and shouldn’t be ignored.”

Oral Roberts is a Christian university in Tulsa, Okla., that was founded by the late preacher Oral Roberts, with a mission to “develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through whole person education to impact the world.”

Its handbook says students should avoid “sexual promiscuity,” including “adultery, any homosexual behavior, premarital sex.”

“Certain behaviors are expressly prohibited in Scripture and therefore should be avoided by members of the University community,” the handbook says.

The school, seeded 15th, plays Arkansas in the Sweet 16 Saturday.

Jhaveri’s column – which received plenty of pushback on social media – says the school’s position on homosexuality should be a disqualifier for the tournament.

“That Oral Roberts wants to keep its students tied to toxic notions of fundamentalism that fetishize chastity, abstinence and absurd hemlines is a larger cultural issue that can be debated,” Jhaveri wrote. “What is not up for debate however is their anti-LGBTQ+ stance, which is nothing short of discriminatory and should expressly be condemned by the NCAA.”

Further, Jhaveri believes any school that affirms biblical sexuality should be prohibited from participating in the tournament and in the NCAA.

“Oral Roberts, with its decrees banning homosexual conduct, stating that marriage is only between a man and a woman, and specifically banning male students from wearing makeup, earned a ticket to the Big Dance even though the university’s foundations expressly go against the very things the NCAA say they value,” Jhaveri wrote. “The fact is, any and all anti-LGBTQ+ language in any school’s policies should ban them from NCAA competition.”

ORU, she claimed, is a “hotbed of institutional transphobia, homophobia with regressive, sexist policies.”

“There is no way to separate their men’s basketball team from the dangers of their religious dogma, no matter how many top seeds they defeat,” Jhaveri wrote.

The article received mostly negative comments on social media.

One person on For the Win’s Facebook page called Jhaveri’s position “absolute discrimination” against those who “believe what the Word of God” says.

“And are you so naive to think that there are not other young men and young women playing on the other teams in these tournaments that believe the very same way because they too identify with Christ and were raised in a Godly home?” the person wrote.

“Author has first amendment protection to write whatever they want, but it sounds like Christophobic hate speech in this article,” another person wrote.

“If this was an Islamic fundamentalist University I doubt there would be an issue with this author, even though their views on homosexuality and women’s rights are far from ‘progressive,’” another person wrote.

Still another person wrote, “As someone who graduated from ORU, I find your article without merit. You have chosen to take small bits of information to discount what is happening in a basketball arena? Hate much? They are doing amazing and they are the Cinderella story we need! Go Golden Eagles!”

Woman in our office, always picks the craziest brackets---usually based on which team so and so in her family likes. Everyone else in the office, takes the tourney seriously. She has finished last for 9 years straight, this year because of all the crazy upsets, she killing everyone.  :lol:

This Oregon State vs. Loyola game is turrble.  The teams that lost to them last week must be :doh: that they lost to these teams.

Villanova +7.5

BU/Nova o142.5

Just now, jerryskids said:

:( 

Doubling down -  Ark -11 and Cuse +7

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Doubling down -  Ark -11 and Cuse +7

So far it’s looking like God likes the Christian school and hates the LGBTQs.  :dunno: 

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So far it’s looking like God likes the Christian school and hates the LGBTQs.  :dunno: 

Luckily I hit 2 plays on the WGC event or else this would be a real disaster of a day. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Luckily I hit 2 plays on the WGC event or else this would be a real disaster of a day. 

You can always bet more on Cuse to make up for it.

6 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

You can always bet more on Cuse to make up for it.

Martingale. I like it. 

Let’s lose more today 

Zags -3

Michigan -2

Alabama -6.5

USC -2

Just now, Alias Detective said:

All faves......

I know. I hate doing it, but fock it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Let’s lose more today 

Zags -3

Michigan -2

Alabama -6.5

USC -2

USC and Michigan scare me.  USC more than michigan too.

This UConn and Baylor game has been incredible...   Like two heavyweights going at it round after round...

On 3/21/2021 at 6:26 PM, tubby_mcgee said:

Both win national titles.  

Lee did it with 0 ACL's.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1373473334965514242

Yet  Lebron laid on the ground crying like a girl when he hurt his ankle. LOL.   What a focking pvss.

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/lebron-james-injury.jpg

Real man vs boy type stuff there.

Excuses are for wusses

I just assumed I was out but just looked at the bracket.  Apparently if Arkansas makes the Final 4 (knocks out Baylor) and The Zags win out, I have a shot.  Who knew. 

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Beavers making a comeback.  

Coogs coughing up a hairball.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

When the same team gets three of the top 5 recruits every year and there are only 10 good programs in the whole country, final 4 is the bare minimum.

17 minutes ago, nobody said:

When the same team gets three of the top 5 recruits every year and there are only 10 good programs in the whole country, final 4 is the bare minimum.

Full Disclosure:  I am a University of North Carolina Tar Heels fan. 

Their best teams were when they had maybe one 5 star recruit freshman but a team load of 4 stars (or 3) who were juniors and or seniors.   Coach K and Calipari garner most all the Top 10 recruits, at least the lions share.  As a UNC fan I'd much rather see Roy recruit 3 or 4 high end Four Star recruits each year and leave the 1 and Done guys alone.  That's how you build a program to me.  

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Full Disclosure:  I am a University of North Carolina Tar Heels fan. 

Their best teams were when they had maybe one 5 star recruit freshman but a team load of 4 stars (or 3) who were juniors and or seniors.   Coach K and Calipari garner most all the Top 10 recruits, at least the lions share.  As a UNC fan I'd much rather see Roy recruit 3 or 4 high end Four Star recruits each year and leave the 1 and Done guys alone.  That's how you build a program to me.  

Women's is a different animal.  They can't go to the WNBA until they're 22... At least last I heard.