travelr1

Do Not Draft List

Just now, AxeElf said:

I'd be surprised if Mack can return from an Achilles injury to be lead-RB material, but then I'm only saying that because no one else has ever done it.

He doesn’t need to be the lead back to nuke Henderson’s value. A 50/50 split would be enough.

6 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

M. Thomas.  I'll let someone else waste a roster spot on a guy who won't play until October, then be week to week every game after that.  

Solid move. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Funny because CEH was in this exact same situation and he sort of still is but you seem to hate him. I know you love Jerick McKinnon but he’s no world beater and I doubt he’s vulturing goal line carries from CEH.

Believe it or not axe we’re still in July. As with the Leveon signing last season a veteran could be signed midway thru season and completely nuke your darling Henderson’s value.

I would agree with you about McKinnon, that job would belong to Williams. 

57 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

He doesn’t need to be the lead back to nuke Henderson’s value. A 50/50 split would be enough.

And aliens could abduct you and implant a device in your brain that would double your intelligence to more than 80--but I'm not holding my breath.

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Kinda sounds like the Rams are going to keep their bellcow RB in bubble wrap for the preseason...

Henderson Won't Play in Preseason (and why the Rams won't bring back Gurley)

Coach speak.

McVay said they’re not exploring the option right now but also not ruling it out. What does it say to the guys already on the roster if they were openly seeking someone to replace them? 

My equation is as such - the Rams are in win now mode. Henderson is not good enough to carry the load and be productive IRL so I would expect them to share duties. 

Also them resting their “bellcow” seems to suggest he can’t handle a full workload without getting hurt, thus meaning he’ll most likely be part of a committee, regardless of who is on the roster.

7 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Coach speak.

McVay said they’re not exploring the option right now but also not ruling it out. What does it say to the guys already on the roster if they were openly seeking someone to replace them? 

My equation is as such - the Rams are in win now mode. Henderson is not good enough to carry the load and be productive IRL so I would expect them to share duties. 

Also them resting their “bellcow” seems to suggest he can’t handle a full workload without getting hurt, thus meaning he’ll most likely be part of a committee, regardless of who is on the roster.

What are you, some kind of lunatic?

Oh yeah...

10 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Coach speak.

Availability would seem to be the coaches concern and not ability. 

I draft late August by that time his ADP is going to be 3rd  round like someone else said. 

Im not buying.  His ability to be available is my biggest concern and his coaches, I still think they will indeed bring in some one.  

I grabbed Gaskin on my dynasty team and he produced when he started. He does his job in all phases. He only started part of the year. Brown looks to have the Howard role. If Brown succeeds, he will vulture TDS. Gaskin has yet to show he can start a full season but the opportunity is there. I read somewhere that the Dolphins didn’t think he was built to be a bell cow but maybe he adds some muscle this year.

Henderson is not flashy but the opportunity is there for him also with no vultures overhead. I like Gaskin but I see why some would say Henderson is a better pick. 6 pts for a rushing TD counts the same as 6 points from 60 rushing yards.

Looking more like Saquon is a land mine at any point in the early rounds. He’s still not ready and they don’t know when he will be. I’m at pick 11 and no way I’d target him with either pick.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Looking more like Saquon is a land mine at any point in the early rounds. He’s still not ready and they don’t know when he will be. I’m at pick 11 and no way I’d target him with either pick.

There is no indication from anyone that he won't be there for week 1. If you draft early, yeah, It is more risky, but I wouldn't hesitate to draft him at pick 11 if 8 -10 other backs go earlier. I expect at worst he misses week 1, and I would bet he plays.

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

He'll probably be eased in over the first month of the season or so--but that's better than missing the fantasy playoffs, as Dalvin Cook does every year--and he's the consensus #2 pick.

Pick 11 and T Hill and the other top five Rbs where taken I wouldn’t hesitate in taking Barkely, could be a real steal imo. 

I’d pass on Barkley for Henry, CMC, Cook, Kamara, Zeke, Adams & Hill.  About 8 is where I’d start considering him if it doesn’t look like the injury will cause him to miss more than a game or two.

Joe Judge came out and said the Giants will take a long term approach with Barkley. I'm pretty sure we won't see him at all during the preseason and there's questions about Week 1. The Giants do have a Thursday night game for Week 2 so maybe it's possible with that short turnaround the Giants would rather just play it safe and unleash Barkley for Week 3? Judge also comes from the Patriots where he knows the less said the better so maybe they just want to keep things quiet and Barkley is all set to go Week 1 with no worries. 

Barkley is going to be the biggest wildcard in the first round because there's the strong possibility he could be staring you in the face if you're drafting in the mid to late first round. 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

There is no indication from anyone that he won't be there for week 1. If you draft early, yeah, It is more risky, but I wouldn't hesitate to draft him at pick 11 if 8 -10 other backs go earlier. I expect at worst he misses week 1, and I would bet he plays.

A year of rehab isnt good enough but 1 week extra will be the difference? No way. This is a case where if it isn’t right by now it ain’t gonna be right. We will see but this looks like a potential pup list situation to start the season. 

20 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

A year of rehab isnt good enough but 1 week extra will be the difference? No way. This is a case where if it isn’t right by now it ain’t gonna be right. We will see but this looks like a potential pup list situation to start the season. 

Isn’t good enough for what? Doing calisthenics in gym shorts? All the coach said is he’s not going to rush him back out there. There isn’t a single source anywhere reporting a potential pup situation. All those NY reporters would’ve sniffed that out if that was the case. You are just making it up. He could have a set back and that would change the equation, but as of now nothing has changed and this was what was reported to be the likely scenario for a while now.

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Isn’t good enough for what? Doing calisthenics in gym shorts? All the coach said is he’s not going to rush him back out there. There isn’t a single source anywhere reporting a potential pup situation. All those NY reporters would’ve sniffed that out if that was the case. You are just making it up. He could have a set back and that would change the equation, but as of now nothing has changed and this was what was reported to be the likely scenario for a while now.

It makes no sense that an injury from last year would keep him out just for week 1 then he’s fine and dandy. What does 370 days do that 363 days doesn’t? Yes no source has reported a potential pup, I’m ahead of that curve, watch it gain traction as we get closer to the season.

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It makes no sense that an injury from last year would keep him out just for week 1 then he’s fine and dandy. What does 370 days do that 363 days doesn’t? Yes no source has reported a potential pup, I’m ahead of that curve, watch it gain traction as we get closer to the season.

I’ll be on the lookout for that. Perhaps we’ll also discover the Yeti, and his North American cousin the Sasquatch…

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I’ll be on the lookout for that. Perhaps we’ll also discover the Yeti, and his North American cousin the Sasquatch…

A guy who had a year to get ready and is now being called iffy for week 1 ending up on the pup would be one of the least surprising turn of events. I wouldn’t even give myself credit for this one it’s so not surprising.

Ill also say it could be just coachspeak that he’s iffy and he could be perfectly fine to start the season. My point is I don’t see him missing just 1 game if he’s iffy to start the season. He will either miss 0 games or be on the pup imo.

Probly won't miss any games, but he could only get 10-15 touches for the first couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Probly won't miss any games, but he could only get 10-15 touches for the first couple of weeks.

Bingo. That is what is actually being reported as opposed to the made up stuff…

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This is what I’d think would happen. I just can’t see him missing week 1 cuz that makes no sense for the reasons I’ve said above. If he’s gonna full on miss a game he’s prob headed for the pup. So most likely he is fine to play but they manage his reps. Either way, he had 1 good season, I’m fading him hard.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:46 AM, AxeElf said:

He'll probably be eased in over the first month of the season or so--but that's better than missing the fantasy playoffs, as Dalvin Cook does every year--and he's the consensus #2 pick.

Do backs really get eased in? Especially over a 4 week span? Maybe one game, thats it. After that he is going to be full go