travelr1

Do Not Draft List

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Should take a look at it. 

Thanks

Is there one in particular you are referencing? Is there something you would like to quote to illustrate your point?

28 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Is there one in particular you are referencing? Is there something you would like to quote to illustrate your point?

Did you take a look? If so did you notice it was a non ppr draft? 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Did you take a look? If so did you notice it was a non ppr draft? 

I work.  what would you like me to see?  I do not have time for goose chases.  give me a link 

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I work.  what would you like me to see?  I do not have time for goose chases.  give me a link 

Look at the board, scroll down, look at May 24th June mock, it’s pretty easy. 

But you do have time to respond. 

Have a god day at work. 

Thanks n

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Have a god day at work. 

Thanks n

I see a 6/19 non-ppr draft.  2 qb with 3 flex (to "include whatever your like").

If this is what you are referring to, based on this format I am surprised that 3 te's went in the 1st two rounds with the ability to start so many qbs (and I have lately been a proponent of grabbing a top 4-5 te relatively early)   Seems like a rare lineup requirement.

Much quicker to reply than to guess which link you are are referencing.  Seems intellectually lazy

Seems intellectually lazy

Welcome to Weepaws World.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Have a god day at work. 

Thanks n

I see a 6/19 non-ppr draft.  2 qb with 3 flex (to "include whatever your like").

If this is what you are referring to, based on this format I am surprised that 3 te's went in the 1st two rounds with the ability to start so many qbs (and I have lately been a proponent of grabbing a top 4-5 te relatively early)   Seems like a rare lineup requirement.

Much quicker to reply than to guess which link you are are referencing.  Seems intellectually lazy

I gave you the answer, I take it your no longer at work with all the replies. 

36 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I gave you the answer, I take it your no longer at work with all the replies. 

I can reply relatively quickly.  I still do not know if that is the mock you wanted me to see nor how it relates to any point you are trying to make.

On 6/20/2021 at 3:41 PM, makindollaz said:

I wouldn’t select either at 1, but would probably take McCaffery at 3.  Wouldn’t take Barkley before 5 or 6.

Who would you take if you were in the 1spot ? 

Mccaffery 

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:13 PM, travelr1 said:

Who would you take if you were in the 1spot ? 

Right now…Henry.

I like Henry and Dalvin Cook.

You can do no wrong with either of these guys.

Cook is a bit higher risk of injury based on past injury history, but Henry plays a power run game and his game is to sometimes run over people like a road grader.

That style can lead to injuries and I'd bet money he will have a shorter career because of it, but right now I'd give him the edge for this year.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I like Henry and Dalvin Cook.

You can do no wrong with either of these guys.

Cook is a bit higher risk of injury based on past injury history...

Yeah, that IS the "wrong" you can do with Cook.  If he was as reliable as Henry, I might give him the nod too.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, that IS the "wrong" you can do with Cook.  If he was as reliable as Henry, I might give him the nod too.

well, thats the only fault I can find with the guy.

I had him in one league.   for 2 years hes been a beast.   Missing 2 games each year, but still clearly a top 3 RB even with the missed games.

The guy is a TD beast.  catches a fair number of footballs, and runs like hell.

cant complain.

If a player like this gives you a 60% chance to win it all and a 20% chance to ruin your season due to injury I swing for the fences.

Thats why hes ranked top 3.

Either way we are splitting hairs. both RB's are fantastic.   I dont think you are suffering all that much if you end up with one of them in round 1 and if Mixon falls to you in round 2.

Thats probably your ideal RB-RB scenario in the first 2 rounds.

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

If a player like this gives you a 60% chance to win it all and a 20% chance to ruin your season due to injury I swing for the fences.

Agreed, but if there's a guy like Henry, whose ratio is more like 95%/5%, is still on the board, you go with him first.

19 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont think you are suffering all that much if you end up with one of them in round 1 and if Mixon falls to you in round 2.

Thats probably your ideal RB-RB scenario in the first 2 rounds.

Did you see the team I got when I went Henry-Mixon from the 3 slot?  Couldn't believe Mixon made it to 2.8, but it was the start of something special.

Mahomes, Henry, Mixon, Lamb, Golladay, Thielen, and Cook are my expected starters.

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Agreed, but if there's a guy like Henry, whose ratio is more like 95%/5%, is still on the board, you go with him first.

Did you see the team I got when I went Henry-Mixon from the 3 slot?  Couldn't believe Mixon made it to 2.8, but it was the start of something special.

Mahomes, Henry, Mixon, Lamb, Golladay, Thielen, and Cook are my expected starters.

yeah, but how realistic is that draft?

I'd go back and look at the picks to see how many went off the board.

not saying its impossible for him to drop that far.  it could be a case of 3 or 4 other players of similar perceived value just happened to be drafted ahead of him.

but if there are 4 or 5 wacko picks in the first 15 to 20 picks, I'd be inclined to toss that draft out the window.

only you can answer those questions as you were there and I was not.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, but how realistic is that draft?

How realistic is it?  lol It was a REAL draft!  That's as realistic as it gets.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'd go back and look at the picks to see how many went off the board.

How many what?  Players?  I picked Mixon at 2.8 in that draft, so 17.

12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

not saying its impossible for him to drop that far.

Well obviously not, since he did.  In fact, his ADP on that site is 15.84, so while it was a score, it wasn't a meteoric plummet.  I think it's silly for people to take RBs like Ekeler and Akers and in the case of my draft, even CEH before Mixon--but I'm glad to take advantage of their error.  If I was picking last in the first round and Jonathan Taylor was still on the board, I'd pick Mixon.

15 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

it could be a case of 3 or 4 other players of similar perceived value just happened to be drafted ahead of him.

but if there are 4 or 5 wacko picks in the first 15 to 20 picks, I'd be inclined to toss that draft out the window.

only you can answer those questions as you were there and I was not.

Well, as I just said, I consider Akers and Ekeler to be "wacko" picks when Mixon is still on the board, but the CEH pick is probably the error that let Mixon fall to me.  That team was obviously looking to pair a RB with Zeke at 2.5, but he chose poorly.  The next guy (Taylor owner) went Diggs at 2.6, leaving the Kamara owner the choice of Adams or Mixon, with me happy to adopt whichever player he rejected--and he chose Adams.

The draft has already been analyzed in greater depth here...

Akers would have been the better pick but I’m sure that he wasn’t available I’m the second round, and Akers with end up being the right pick, he’ll out produce Mixon this season. 

About Henry at 1. I’m not taking an RB coming off a huge amount of touches who doesn’t catch the ball a lot and his team just massively upgraded their pass catching weapons to support a vertical game plan first overall. In ppr at least, for non ppr I’d say yes Henry is as good a pick as any.

So in non ppr one shouldn’t be concern about all those touches despite the fact he doesn’t catch the ball the a lot? 

I think it’s the same concern, anytime I see a player with that many touches over his last two seasons , fatigue has to be not far behind. 

Dalvin Cook had more touches per game last year than Derrick Henry--and Cook has already missed at least 2 games in every one of his four seasons, whereas Henry has missed 2 games in his entire 6-year career--and people are drafting Cook ahead of Henry.

Christian McCaffrey had 403 touches in 2019, was drafted as the #1 RB in 2020, went down for the year after 3 games--and he's still being drafted as the #1 RB in 2021.

But Henry's the big injury risk.

Right.

Cook and Henry have been interchangeable in mock drafts, I would think their ADP is within one or two spots, I’ve seen many mocks where Henry as gone number one.  

Bringing up Mccaffery is a good point for concern if one wants to draft Henry, Mccaffery had 403 touches and Henry last season had 397 , that’s only a difference of 6 touches, going into last season not everyone had Mccaffery number one I posted here he was in my top three. 

I have Mccaffery number one this season D Cook Then Henry as of now, but I’m concern that an injury can a cure to any of them, one should be , I mean Barkely only had 269 touches in 2019. 

But the concern when it comes to touches is one of the Sam non or ppr n

Thanks. 

On 6/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, AxeElf said:

To each his own but I'd much rather have Cook's ceiling over Henry's floor. Cook did not have any weeks like Henry had weeks 2, 8, 12 (really bad), and 15 where he scored under 10 fantasy points. The boom or bust nature of Henry's weeks is something iIm not a fan of. Cook is far more consistent, especially in PPR where Henry each year is promised more receptions and that simply never happens. Cook only missed 1 game if you consider most fantasy seasons are over after week 16. (He missed week 17). Those 4 weeks mentioned above by Henry are much more crushing than the 1 week missed by Cook IMO.

Yes Tenn upgraded their WRS but Jones is 32 Brown is recovering from surgery and Henry is a monster to tackle. DH is hard to argue with there.

15 minutes ago, DrG said:

Yes Tenn upgraded their WRS but Jones is 32 Brown is recovering from surgery and Henry is a monster to tackle. DH is hard to argue with there.

Why are you contradicting yourself? I don't understand this take. Also the WRs have zero affect on Henry's ability to break tackles. I thought my argument was pretty sound. Henry had 4 weeks of under 10 fantasy points, I prefer better consistency from my first pick, especially a presumed "bellcow". In standard leagues, he's a rock solid #1 overall pick. But his game definitely has holes in it if we're talking about PPR.

The point was I didn’t see the addition of Jones etc detracting from DH. Even if Jones for example is just a decoy that helps DH.

if you factor out injury risk then I agree DH will have some clunker games. But for a rb he’s been remarkably good for staying on the field.

Just have a feeling, Henry will match his 2019 season for yardage and his 2018 season for tds. 

How about most of the QB's in the league now!!   lol   I like maybe 4 of them!  The rest are either unproven, run but not good at it, injury risks, new scheme, no good weapons, old, or their whole team hates him!!!     Seriously, the QB spot is ULTRA thin this year!!     

58 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

How about most of the QB's in the league now!!   lol   I like maybe 4 of them!  The rest are either unproven, run but not good at it, injury risks, new scheme, no good weapons, old, or their whole team hates him!!!     Seriously, the QB spot is ULTRA thin this year!!     

You talking ff wise? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

You talking ff wise? 

Who are the 4 QB’s you like this year?  I appreciate your advice.  

Depends on when one likes to draft a Qb. 

I draft them late into the double digits, qbs that I’ve been able to mock draft right now have been

Stafford  

Burrow

Cousins 

D Jones 

Ryan. 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, weepaws said:

Depends on when one likes to draft a Qb. 

I draft them late into the double digits, qbs that I’ve been able to mock draft right now have been

Stafford  

Burrow

Cousins 

D Jones 

Ryan. 

Gross!   lol

I like:

Mahomes

Wilson

Brady

And maybe Murray

Almost my whole league has Obj on their DND list. I actually think he can bounce back somewhat and return value at his discounted rate.

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Almost my whole league has Obj on their DND list. I actually think he can bounce back somewhat and return value at his discounted rate.

Tried this once before. Good luck if you do.

Beckham is a very good value and I’m targeting him. 

Who are the anti vaxers? Hopkins and what others?

I guess if a coin flip with another player I’m preferring the vaccinated ones.

Being vaccinated, not only to avoid the covid but maybe they have easier exposure guidelines? I.e. If exposed to someone but not vaccinated you are in quarantine longer? Need the actual rules

I would agree, based on the nfl taking away one own personal right to take the poison, if you take the worlds poison you will have more liberty, and that’s really sad.  

But hey here is the good news for those that like the government poison, this is just the start of it, jobs will be , lost to those that don’t want to  take mans poison either.  

I just hope these nfl players that don’t want the mandemic poison hold true to their way of thinking, and walk the walk.  

God Bless. 

Just did a 12 team PPR mock where Darrell Henderson went in the 4th round above guys like Gaskin and Kareem Hunt. That’s waaaaaayyyy too rich for me.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Just did a 12 team PPR mock where Darrell Henderson went in the 4th round above guys like Gaskin and Kareem Hunt. That’s waaaaaayyyy too rich for me.

Why?  Gaskin and Hunt are both the non-goalline options of a committee-based backfield.  Right now, Henderson is the bellcow RB in a powerhouse offense.  The team clearly isn't panicking and holding open tryouts or anything, and while they might end up bringing someone in as Henderson insurance, there just aren't any free agents out there that can step into the RB1 role for the Rams right now.  Bell?  Gurley?  Peterson?

Last year the team had a three-headed RB committee.  They chose Akers and Henderson, and let Brown go.  They like Henderson.  It's reasonable to assume he continues to be the bellcow, while they kick the tires on this UDFA kid Xavier Jones, and probly mix in some journeyman RB that doesn't make another team's roster somewhere too.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why?  Gaskin and Hunt are both the non-goalline options of a committee-based backfield.  Right now, Henderson is the bellcow RB in a powerhouse offense.  The team clearly isn't panicking and holding open tryouts or anything, and while they might end up bringing someone in as Henderson insurance, there just aren't any free agents out there that can step into the RB1 role for the Rams right now.  Bell?  Gurley?  Peterson?

Last year the team had a three-headed RB committee.  They chose Akers and Henderson, and let Brown go.  They like Henderson.  It's reasonable to assume he continues to be the bellcow, while they kick the tires on this UDFA kid Xavier Jones, and probly mix in some journeyman RB that doesn't make another team's roster somewhere too.

Do I have to continuously repeat myself?

IMO Henderson is an average NFL RB at best. He has decent vision, decent burst, but he lacks size and strength, elusiveness, and breakaway speed to be a real threat. He's also what some would consider a "smaller" RB at 5'8" and 208. I have serious doubts about him being a bellcow AND the goal line guy at any point this season. Gaskin has a better chance to be a bellcow evidenced by last year Henderson had 1 game with over 15 carries. Gaskin had 5. Gaskin averaged more receptions per game too. Dolphins brought in Malcolm Brown who I believe to be worse than Henderson so I doubt him or Ahmed would significantly cut into Gaskin's playing time. It's more of an insurance policy if Gaskin were to miss time again.